Seperation

Ideal Types

It had been 3 months since Muzik Scale had last collaborated with Teen Top. 3 agonizing months for both Changjo and Nini. They hadn't seen in each other in person since that day they left the dorm. They could only admire each other from videos, TV shows, and photos. It wasn't the same and it only made their hearts ache. They had been dating for 4 months now without physical contact or any source of meetings. It was as if their companies purposely made them avoid each other. Whenever the groups had performances on the same show on the same night, they were given seperate lounges, dressing rooms, and such on the opposite sides of the building. Whenever Changjo or Nini thought they could sneakily escape to see one another, they were quickly rushed to leave. 

It was torturous knowing they praticed in the same building but never saw each other. Nini thought she would be driven insane. Changjo wasn't as happy anymore. Sure, they spoke on the phone every night when they had time but it would never make up for the loss of actually seeing each other. The boys of Teen Top tried to help Changjo through his funk but nothing cheered him up besides his calls with Nini. Nini was the same way. The girls of Muzik Scale always assured her with encouraging words that it would all settle soon. The scandal was still around and it enraged Nini. How could this still be out there? Hadn't the fans calmed down? They were blowing this way out of proportion. All Changjo and Nini knew was that they would go insane soon if they couldn't see each other.

"Nini, please get out of bed," Hana pouted. "It's our day off in 3 months and you're going to spend it in bed?"

Nini threw an arm over her eyes to block out Hana. "Yeah so just leave me be."

Hana scoffed before grabbing a hold of Nini's ankles and yanking her onto the floor. Nini cried out as she landed roughly. "What the hell, Hana?!"

She crossed her arms, glaring down at Nini. "You're not going to lay here like some hermit. We're going to go out and have some fun whether you like it or not. You could use a good distraction."

Nini groaned. "You girls go out. I'll stay here and call Changjo. Since it's a day off, we could talk all day. We just can't be seen together..."

"You see? This is why you need a distraction. Come on, get dressed."

"Unnie~" Nini whined. 

"Don't make me get our omma," Hana warned.

Nini huffed, not wanting to hear Jae's nagging if she found out. "Fine." Nini lazily got dressed in a sweatshirt and jeans. The rest of the girls prettied themselves but Nini did not have the energy to cake her face on today. Especially since it was a day off. The girls headed out into town, slightly disguised but not much. A few Musicians recognized them but they never minded that. It was nice to have Musicians ask for autographs, photos etc. Muzik Scale loved interaction with their fans. 

"So where exactly is our destination?" Nini asked.

Eun Mi shrugged. "Where would you like to go Nini?"

"Home, honestly."

"Let's go to a restaurant. Nini needs some energy," Jae suggested. 

The girls made their way to a local restaurant and ordered their favorite dishes. The dishes were made fresh and the food was always the best here. They would always come here during their trainee days and the employees remembered them of course. They weren't treated any different from the other guests which also made Muzik Scale happy. They liked being treated as normal people rather than idols. It was nice to be normal for a while.

"Remember in our trainee days when-" Mis Sun's eyes widened. The girls gave her a strange look.

"Mi Sun?"

"Is she choking?"

"What is it?"

Mi Sun lifted a finger and pointed. The girls all turned and soon enough, all of their eyes were wide, staring. Nini's heart was pounding so loud, she could feel the beat throughout her whole body. She was frozen, not believing that Teen Top were only a few feet away, taking their seats to have a meal. Her eyes were only on Changjo. There he was, beautiful as ever. His black cherry colored hair complimented him so well and pictures showed no justice of it. Was this a sign? Should she go over there?

"Nini! Go!" Jae hissed.

Nini turned to her, panic in her eyes, shaking her head. "It's been too long! I wouldn't know what to say or do!" 

Jae sighed, glancing at all of the girls. They nodded and all got up at once. Jae took Nini's hand as they all made their way over to Teen Top. Nini's mind went blank. She wouldn't be able to form a coherent sentence. Immediately, the boys heads snapped up, taking in the sight of the girls. Nini and Changjo's eyes met almost instantly. Her plams began to sweat. 3 months and here he was. 

No one said anything for a moment. They were all in too much shock to process what was happening. They were reunited with their sibling group. Suddenly, Chunji stood up and pulled Eun Mi into a tight hug. Eun Mi flushed and hugged him back just as tight. 

That's when the rest of the boys stood up and hugged the girls except Changjo. He slowly stood up, standing before Nini, not saying a word. His mind was all over the place. 

"Hi," Nini said quietly.

Changjo finally cracked a wide smile from hearing her voice in person. He cupped her face gently before kissing her sweetly. Nini immediately melted into the kiss, shutting her eyes and placing her hands on his chest. They let their emotions pour into the kiss; how much they missed each other, craved the other's touch. They were both on cloud nine and they couldn't care less that other people were in the restaurant. This was their short bliss.

They pulled away, slightly breathless and smiling widely. Nini felt her cheeks grow warm from Changjo's loving gaze. The girls of Muzik Scale cooed while Teen Top clapped. They were all incredibly happy to see their maknaes together once again. They deserved it and needed it. The two leaned into kiss again but that time everyone made gag noises. The two laughed into their kiss, enjoying the moment more than anything.

"Nini.." Changjo breathed as if in disbelief.

Nini smiled widely. "I missed you."

Changjo chuckled before pulling her into a hug. He was quite into skinship at the moment but Nini didn't mind whatsoever. 

"I can't be away from you like this again," Changjo whispered. "I'll go insane. I just need one night together. That's all I want."

Nini nodded. "Me too. I haven't been the same and I know you haven't either. We can't let this go on. It's not healthy to either of us."

"You're right. You know what?" Changjo smirked.

Nini raised an eyebrow curiously. "What?"

"I'm sneaking into your dorm tonight. I need to be with you for a while." 

"Are you crazy?! You could get caught!" Nini pointed out.

Changjo shook his head. "If I do, I don't care anymore. This is for us."

Nini bit her lip, going through all the pros and cons as she usually does with risky situations. He was right. They needed it and they could catch up on things, talk, cuddle. Oh how she wanted that more than anything.

"Okay," she agreed. They'd be in for an interesting night.