Epilogue

The Fallen #1

A/N: Double update for Epilogue and Notes

 

            Jaejoong sighed.

 

            It had been three months since the war. Three months since he re-established everything. Hana had made a change on quite a number of laws. Changes that no one expected before. A faint smile appeared on his lips as he vaguely remembered the night she stood up against the council for him.

 

            For him and for Sehun...

 

            "I want Jaejoong to rule," Hana stated. Her eyes fierce, "But I won't be his mate."

 

            There was a buzz in the council seats. Everyone was making protest against her idea. What absurdity had she spoken of? They thought. No King could rule without a Queen by his side.

 

            "I can't be his mate, I am sorry," Hana said, and looked at Jaejoong's eyes. She knew he'd understand. He didn't love her as a woman. Maybe he did love her as a friend, an equal, a sister, but no affectionate love was involved. "He's a great ruler, and he will continue to be one. I want to erase the law of the old tradition."

 

            "That's unacceptable!" One of the council member screamed. "He can't be King if you don't mate him. He won't be capable of being one!"

 

            Hana glared daggers towards the speaker's direction, "He's proven himself to be capable when he won this war. He helped this clan build a fearsome reputation amongst the Shadow creatures. He established a pact between the major clans to strengthen the tie. If he isn't capable, I don't know who is." She took a deep breath, "If you respect the Mark that I bear and still regard it highly, then I want you to agree with me. Jaejoong will be King."

 

            It was only that once that Hana wanted to use her Mark to force others. She hated it, but she hated the idea of Jaejoong not being King even more. He deserved the title after everything he'd done.

 

            "And what about you? And Lord Sehun?"

 

            Since Sehun was a vampire, again, they took him back, though some still looked at him with disdain. His position as the Prince and a vampire Lord was restored, hence the name calling.

 

            "We will be inactive leaders, along with Jaejoong," Hana stated with a finality. Having a three leaders was a first for any clans, because they were so used with the monarchy system to adapt a new one. "And you will still be the Council, the advisors of this clan. The Elders position will be erased as well."

 

            For that one, no one dared to say anything against it. The war was a reminder of why they shouldn't.

 

            Jaejoong chuckled as the flashback came to him. In these three months, Hana and Sehun had helped him a lot. They let him have his own say in everything and respected him for every decision he'd made. Jaejoong lost potential mate, but he gained back his throne, and earned a friend for the lifetime.

 

            That was honestly, more than enough... He had everything he could ever want for a perfect life.

 

                                                                                    ***

 

            The human world was still the same as before. There was so much light, so bright. It was blinding her over sensitive eyes.

 

            "I miss Seoul so much!" The excited young girl exclaimed. She turned around and looked at her hometown. Big screens, tall buildings, commercials ads. So different from the Shadow world. People there rarely used technologies like televisions and phones because they had sorcerers to replace it.

 

            Behind her was a man. Tall, broad, and quiet. His eyes were reflecting the place he once lived in. Memories hit him like a bullet, bringing him back to the time when he killed lots and lots of Shadow creatures for personal satisfaction. Until he met her...

 

            "Do you think it'll be okay to visit my father? Won't I surprise him with my red eyes?"

 

            Sehun chuckled and ruffled her hair lovingly. Her eyes, once dark brown, was now blood red. A sign that she was a vampire.

 

            "It's been three months. You think they'll fade?" Hana asked. They were both walking towards Hana's home. Hopefully her father would still be there, waiting. He was supposed to be home at night, watching television, washing dishes, eating takeaway foods.

 

            "You're not a born vampire like me or the others, I'm not quite sure," He shrugged in response, taking her hands inside his, just to feel warm. She was always so warm. "I think the color might fade after a year. It'll change to another color, like purple, brown, gold, or blue."

 

            Hana nodded, walking along the road, smiling, "This was where we first met, remember? When you saved me from Forsaken, and I ran away..."

 

            "I don't really remember. My memories when I was a Fallen could be a blur," Sehun replied, observing the quite neighborhood. There were graffitis everywhere, cigarettes. Didn't seem so good for a living place. "Do you really live here? It seems quite dangerous."

 

            "I've walked the same road for twenty years. It might seem dangerous, but it's alright."

 

            The house was now, right in front of them. Still the same. Hana looked up.

 

            "I'm ready," she breathed in and turned to Sehun. He squeezed her hand to encourage her. "Just a warning, though. My father might think that you kidnapped me and he can be very violent towards men I date."

 

            "Never scare me away," He gave her one quick peck and waited for her to knock on the door.

 

            "Oh God, he's coming..." Hana whispered, her face paled considerably. She could hear the footsteps from outside. Sehun almost chuckled at how nervous she was. "Don't laugh. If I'm doomed, you're doomed as well..."