chapter 48

The Fallen #1

 It was an open field, so perfect for a battle.

 

Or so Hana thought.

 

What was scary was the view ahead. A thousand more Forsakens, different in shapes and sizes were up against five, each got surrounded with a size able group of rough creatures. Hana looked to her left and saw Yongguk pushing her backwards, hissing.

 

"Snap out of your daydream, they are coming!" Without a second glance, Yongguk threw the first Forsaken, seemingly a vampire to the ground, stabbing it in the chest. Hana's eyes widened when twenty more charged at them. Yongguk couldn't possibly handle that many.

 

Hana quickly drew out her sword, long and shiny, created from the best material out there, and crafted only by the most skillful elves' swords masters. It was a gift from Jaejoong. A gift for her transition, which marked her new beginning as the inactive leader of the vampire clan.

 

The Forsakens were quite slow, much slower compared to Kai. They moved in a random pattern, but overall, liked to fight in group. When Hana slashed her sword to the neck of the creature, the rest of he group looked at her with lustful eyes, all wanting a taste of her blood. With one or two still fighting Yongguk, the rest of them came to Hana.

 

The girl hissed, irritated, and pulled out two daggers from her thigh, throwing them to the nearest, each struck the Forsaken on the chest and the stomach. Swirling her swords, she stepped back and pushed her weapon to one of them, quickly cutting it in half, and blood spurted out of the body, showering all of them.

 

"My God, it stinks," Hana spat out, running to the two dead Forsakens, plunging out her daggers and immediately throwing them to those in the back, ready to charge at her. Wiping the blood away from her cheeks, she ran, away from Yongguk and close to the center circle. It wasn't exactly a wise move, with more and more Forsakens coming her way because of the strong scent she had.

 

"Yah! Jung Hana! Why didn't you stay close to Yongguk?"

 

It was a voice near her. The frustration and the choice of words sounded all to familiar.

 

"Luhan! Help me here!" Hana's voice was drown away in the sea of Forsakens. She kicked the nearest and elbowed the one beside him, slaying the two in one go, and ran to the next. There were too many of them, clawing onto her, eager to bring her down. Some of them succeeded.

 

Wounds appeared on her face, on her arms and legs, and some even managed to scratch her waist. The battle was just beginning,yet she was feeling so frustrated and confused. They were coming at her non stop. She was counting on her reflect to dodge every attack, and her instinct proved to be quite inaccurate every now and then.

 

"Your stamina is still so bad, Princess," A cheerful Kai voiced out from the back, and Hana swore she could almost imagine him grinning at her. She lost focus for a split second and got clawed by the cheeks. The long, sharp fingers ripped off quite a bit of the skin, and blood poured out from the fresh, open cut.

 

Hana let out a small shriek of pain and proceeded to slash whoever it was that clawed onto her. She ignored the growing pain on her cheeks and punched one of the nearest Forsaken to vent out the anger. The Forsaken flew a few meters back, while the others ran in to pounce at her. How she wished she had an ability, so that she wouldn't fight so hard, like Luhan with his useful telekinetic.

 

There was a sudden wind barrier, blowing off half of the Forsakens Hana, Kai and Luhan were facing. When the girl turned to her right, she saw Sehun. He looked quite pissed, his sword drawing more and more victims with the mere touch of the tip. He looked graceful in his battle armor, deadly and beautiful at the same time.

 

"He's finally showing his ability," Kai snickered, getting closer and closer to Hana, fighting the Forsakens with his bare hands as if they were bothersome flies. "It's quite rare, you know. Sehun normally would use his bare hand to fight instead of using his elemental ability."

 

Hana didn't have the time to admire Sehun. If she lost focus for another second, she could be dead. With Kai by her side, it was so much easier. She didn't have to fight that much anymore, since Kai helped her get rid of most Forsakens.

 

With more and more numbers of faeries, vampires and wolves coming in through the Portal, the Forsakens were at the losing side. Their numbers decreased greatly, and in no time, they were the ones who got pushed back. They didn't back down however, because giving up was not in their nature.

 

"Watch out," Kai growled and pulled Hana back, kicking one creature on the face, his claw digging into the skin, and he aimed for the heart, instantly ripping it off of the body. The Forsaken struggled for a while, before his body gone completely still. "Beware of them, Hana. Keep your eyes on your surrounding all the time."

 

Hana nodded, feeling a little apologetic that Kai had to take care of her as well. She didn't want to be a burden, but in the end, that was what she was.

 

The girl's eyes darted to Sehun, who were fighting a battle of his own. One of them tried to strike him on the chest, one he didn't seem to be aware of. Hana quickly grabbed a dagger on her thigh and threw it at a precise measurement on the heart. The creature dropped to the floor and died instantly.

 

Before Hana could sigh in relief, she felt a dagger struck onto her waist, missing an inch away from her heart.

 

Blood...

 

Hana stopped moving and vomited out red blood from her lips.

 

Pain...

 

She cringed inwardly at the intense pain on her waist. It burnt. And as if it wasn't enough, Kai came from behind, yelling something she couldn't make out. He pulled the dagger out in one go, and Hana finally screamed.

 

"," she breathed so softly when she felt the wound contracting, the insides slowly, but painfully latched itself to repair the cut. "Kai..." Hana used her strength to hold into him and whispered, "T...Telep...port..." She barely made any sense with her words as her sight blurred into thin lines of white and black.

 

Kai understood what he needed to do. He teleported to the back of the battle, near the Portal, where more and more Shadow creatures came in and helped with the fight. Most of them would glance curiously to the two before running into the battle and fought.

 

"S...sorry..."

 

Dark red spots. Spots everywhere. No sound. She couldn't hear. The pain was still there. Intense, burning, flames, pain... More pain...

 

"Go... Go back..."

 

Kai wanted to slap the girl on the face for being such a fool. She had worried him enough by standing alone in the middle of an on-going battle. Now she wanted to scare him to death with this wound. The dagger could've pierced the heart and she could've died. He wouldn't leave her for anything.

 

"Stupid Princess, what are you talking about?! How can I leave you when you're hurting like this?"

 

Hana threw up more blood, feeling weaker and weaker as the minute passed by. She wouldn't die, she knew that. The wound was terrible, but it wasn't life threatening for a vampire. "I'm fine. Go. They need more help."

 

"We're winning. It won't matter if I'm there or not," Kai replied, shaking his head stubbornly. Hana gripped onto his shirt, and did her best to glare, but in such condition, she looked even more pitiful in his eyes, "Please. I won't die. Go."

 

Kai felt a stab in his heart as he watched her breathe became slower steadily. It wasn't really a good sign. He wasn't supposed to feel down, but here he was, helpless to the girl he said he loved. Hana tightened her grip on his shirt, "Please."

 

"Shut up!" Kai yelled at her. He looked over to the crowd and tried to locate where Lay was. Hana blinked a few times, falling to a deep slumber after trying to convince Kai. He was left frantic and frustrated, helplessly watching as Hana's wound bled more. The reparation process took longer than usual, in which Kai could only guess was due to the lack of blood.

 

Lay was nowhere to be found.

 

Jaejoong and Sehun were still fighting.

 

Everyone was in the battle ground.

 

And so... Kai did the only thing he could think of in the moment.

 

Biting his wrist with his fangs, Kai forcefully fed it into . And as his blood fell into her fangs, and her tongue, a new bond was formed. He shivered when he heard the loud growls not too far from where they were at.

 

***

 

Slap.

 

Hana was appalled when Kai got slapped on the cheek. The person who did that was no other than his own father, Jaejoong and Sehun's uncle. The old man looked mad. His hands were trembling with rage. Kai spat out the blood on the ground and looked down.

 

"Do you even know what kind of mistake you did?!"

 

Kai didn't reply. He looked almost stoned, rigid with fear and anger at the same time. Jaejoong was looking at him like he deserved everything. Sehun just looked anywhere but at him. He was unpredictable as always, his face showed neither anger nor frustration.

 

"I just did what I could to save her," Kai replied without any regret or guilt.

 

Hana furrowed her eyebrows, clearly confused at where they were talking about. She looked back and forth between Kai and his father. The older Kim looked even more pissed off, and raised his hand to slap him again.

 

"P...Please..." Hana softly spoke, her eyes wide in fear.

 

All of them looked at her in surprise. She knew it wasn't in her place to interrupt them, but she couldn't help it. Kai, especially, seemed to be the most surprised one out of all. His playful side had been replaced with a softer personality, when he looked at her with that tender look that could melt even the coldest heart. She ignored the faint blush that appeared on her cheeks and turned to Kai's father.

 

"Please don't hit him. What did he do wrong?"

 

It was Jaejoong who replied, quite annoyed and mad that she defended Kai when he deserved more severe punishment, "He fed you his blood."

 

Hana looked at him, then at Kai with an incredulous expression and asked back, "And?"

 

"And?" Jaejoong raised his eyebrow at her, "That makes him a traitor, Hana. He betrayed me, and he betrayed Sehun by feeding you his blood."

 

Hana stepped closer to him, as if challenging his authority in this room, "How is that a betrayal? He said he did that to save me. I don't see anything wrong with that!"

 

"By feeding you his blood, he willingly create a bond with you, almost like he's asking your hand in marriage. The act itself is intimate, and reserve only for lovers. If you feed him your blood in return, it's the same as accepting him as your husband, with no divorce possible," Sehun finally spoke up after being silence for so long.

 

Hana paled down and bit her lips. The idea of Kai proposing to her just sounded absolutely ridiculous. There was no way he would do that. "Kai didn't mean that, did he?" She looked at Kai pleadingly, hoping that he'd understand her clue and followed along.

 

What she got, though, was hurt and pain in his blue eyes, as if she just broke his heart. Unknowingly.

 

"No... Of course not, Princess..."