chapter 33

The Fallen #1

 Miyoung ushered her into another room before Jaejoong and Kai could see.

 

Hana wrapped the towel tighter because she just realized she was , completely. And if she didn't see wrongly, she seemed to be a tad bit taller, though only by a few millimeters, because Miyoung seemed shorter right now. Hana smirked again.

 

"Here, drink," Miyoung offered a cup of glass filled with red liquid. "I will find you some clothes to wear. And you need not to worry, no one's going to enter the room."

 

Hana furrowed her eyebrows and glanced at the glass in her hand. She wasn't exactly a fool. She knew the glass was filled with blood. Miyoung chuckled as she saw Hana's contorted reaction, "It tastes better than it looks. Trust me, just drink it." With that, she left.

 

Hana's lips touched the glass and the red liquid poured into her dry lips. Blood, she reminded herself, but it was nothing like she ever drank or ate before. She felt alive more than ever. Miyoung was right. Blood didn't taste as bad as it looked. There was no iron taste in it. It didn't choke her, it filled her in.

 

She finished the whole glass in no time and was left wanting more. Maybe she should ask Miyoung for more blood later on.

 

There was a big mirror in the middle if the room. Hana's eyes darted to the mirror. She hadn't seen how she looked like as a vampire. Would she look any different? Or would she be the plain, old her, just with a new craving for blood?

 

Consciously wrapping the towel onto her lower part, Hana walked to the front and gasped. A goddess was looking back at her. She blinked, and the goddess blinked. She lifted her hand and realized... the goddess in the mirror was actually her own reflection staring back at her. But it wasn't supposed to be possible...

 

Hana walked even closer now, inspecting every little details of her appearance. She could pinpoint the old her, but her features seemed to be sharper. Her eyes were red, but unlike the contact lens' red color, her eyes were glowing softly. As terrifying as they seemed her eyes were a gorgeous red color.

 

Hana's skin was still pale, but not with sickly shade. She was glowing. Beautiful. She hadn't felt beautiful in a long time now. Feeling a little bit giddy, Hana turned around, and noticed the Mark on her back. It crafted her skin well, complimenting it as if it was a tattoo, though everyone knew it wasn't.

 

"Aren't you satisfied?" Miyoung smirked from the door frame, her hands holding up Hana's clothes. "Look at you. Feeling so confident now, ey?"

 

Hana playfully glared at Miyoung. She hadn't felt so happy in a long time now. Before, she was always self conscious, always fearful of many things, always hesitant. Now that her mind was cleared, she realized maybe not everything was as bad as she thought to be.

 

"Naturally, you will feel some sort of attachment to me as your creator," Miyoung handed Hana her things and folded her hands in front of the chest. "But since you have your Mate now, I'm not sure if the feeling will be as strong as other newborns."

 

"Mate? So Jaejoong is my mate, huh?" Hana muttered and slipped on the soft dress Miyoung prepared. The dress was white in color, and reached below her knees. Now she felt complete with her clothes, as weird as it sounded. "Well, I don't expect myself to marry someone that fast..."

 

Talking about marriage and mating suddenly seemed pretty normal to her. Hana narrowed her eyes and tried to observe her surrounding.

 

"Technically, Sehun can also be your mate," Miyoung spoke softly to herself, but Hana could hear it. "If only he didn't become the Fallen, he could have had the chance to ascend the throne. But I guess right now, it's only Jaejoong that is worthy of it."

 

"What do you mean?" Hana asked, trying to look as clueless as possible, "I can have two mates? And who is this Se... Sehun?"

 

"Well, not two mates, but more like two candidates as your mate. See, the Mark on your back is very important because it automatically makes whoever your mate is, the King of the vampire clan. That is how powerful and important you are," Miyoung explained, and looked at Hana, waiting for her to nod and continued,

 

"Your mate should be one in between the pure blood lines of the last King, or shortly, the Princes. Either one of them must be your mate. But since Sehun gave up his position as a future heir, that leaves Jaejoong for the throne."

 

Hana pursed her lips to thin line. So Sehun was actually a possible mate as well? Why didn't he tell her that before? Hana then bitterly thought, oh, wait, that bastard never told me anything anyway... "So this Sehun guy... Is he a Prince?"

 

Miyoung nodded eagerly. She didn't know that Hana knew Sehun as well. But the later wanted to dig in more information about Sehun's past even though she knew Sehun wouldn't like it. But he wasn't here and he needed not know, did he?

 

"I won't exactly call him a Prince. The title itself is a little bit corny. You see, Hana, the hierarchy in the vampire clan is a little bit different from the royalty structure in the human world."

 

"How so?" Hana asked curiously.

 

"We don't call Jaejoong King, or Prince, and I won't call you Queen or Princess either," Miyoung made a funny face, "We address everyone from the riyal families as Lords, My Lady, Your Highness and such. But of course, we know who place higher than the other. And among all of he royals, Jaejoong place the highest. The second is, of course, his cousin, Kai. Then the rest of us place almost the same in the clan."

 

"I see," Hana nodded, accessing everything in, "So you're from a noble family."

 

"Yeah, there are twelve families in the clan. There are Jung, Seo, Kwon, Lee, and the rest I can't really remember. And mine is the Hwangs," Miyoung proudly flashed Hana a smile. "Though my family travels back and forth between this world and the human world."

 

Hana nodded again, but found herself trailing towards another direction, "Miyoung-ah, is it really bad to be a Fallen?"

 

Miyoung let out an exasperate sigh. "Yes. It is. We view them as betrayer. The lowest of the lowest. And they view us as criminal. There is a mutual hatred between us, as well as mutual understanding, that if we don't step into each other's territory, we'll be fine."

 

Hana was silence again. Her mind was, in no doubt, thinking about Sehun. She didn't know why, but it wasn't like she could control it. He was just there, like a pest, disturbing, but she didn't know whether she hated it or loved it.

 

"Are you thinking about Sehun?" Miyoung eyed her suspiciously.

 

Hana let out a smile and shook her head,

 

"Why would I? I don't even know him..."

 

There was a sudden knocking in the front door. Then the familiar scent and the increasing heartbeat. Hana recognized it instantly. This must be Jaejoong, and there was one more person pacing back and forth impatiently behind Jaejoong. Could he be Kai? Hana looked up expectantly.

 

"Hwang Miyoung! Are you done yet? Don't try any funny business with my mate in there, do you hear me?"

 

Hana let out a soft chuckle. Jaejoong... Ever the possessive, dominant male. She hoped he wouldn't think of owning her, because she wasn't an object to be owned and a trophy to be shown off as.

 

Miyoung looked at Hana weirdly. She knew exactly what Jaejoong meant by funny business. Too bad they had finished talking about Sehun. Beside, Hana needed to know that Jaejoong was not her only choice. In fact, if Sehun hadn't become the Fallen, Miyoung would think he was the best choice for her...

 

"A little bit more, my Lord. Please be patient!" Miyoung rolled her eyes and faked the sweet innocence she used to reply Jaejoong. Hana stared at her funnily and watched as she hurried to open the door. "Yes, my Lord, she is inside, perfectly healthy after drinking blood."

 

"Then let me in." His deep, husky voice demanded. Miyoung had no choice but to comply to Jaejoong's request. He could smell her scent from afar. It was heavenly, yes. Intoxicating. Inviting. He strut into the room and spotted her small figure, sitting in the corner, watching him with interest. His heart skipped a beat.

 

"Jung Hana." He breathed. To his surprise, Hana gave him a tight smile. Maybe not what he was expecting, but it was better than none.

 

"Lord Jaejoong, you smell," Hana scrunched up her nose and bluntly commented. She couldn't deny that Jaejoong smelt really really good. She blushed at the thought of sniffing him. She was not a dog.

 

Jaejoong threw her a smirk that would melt any women's hearts. "Well, good to actually hear you talk. You do smell pretty good yourself." Understatement. She smelt amazing. And she looked gorgeous. God...

 

Hana's eyes shifted to Kai. His intense stare had caught her attention. Finally, he mumbled mentally. In contrast to all the hostility Hana had shown Jaejoong, she gave Kai a nod and a secret full-hearted smile. Glad to know she was still the same old her.

 

"You look better," Kai plainly remarked, as if she didn't bother him at all. Hell, that was a lie. She was breathtakingly beautiful. "The transformation does you some justice, I s'pose." Miyoung glared at Kai's back, boring a hole there in her head. She wanted to smack him so bad, but reminded herself she was in no position to do so. Maybe in the human world they were of the same equality. But not here. In here, rudeness and disrespect toward her superior would lead her to death.

 

"I guess so," Hana smirked, her eyes twinkling in mischief. She remembered Kai's promise to train her once she turned a vampire. She wanted to test out her new strength, and maybe if she could she planned to choke him just a little bit...