chapter 44

The Fallen #1

 Hana came back an hour later with Sungjae and Jinwoo. The others were there, all fairly quiet when the three arrived. Sungjae looked as calm as usual, with his black attire and nothing in hands. Hana nodded gratefully to Jinwoo and he went back to his parents and sister.

 

"You agreed," Jaejoong looked surprised, almost shocked as he went over to the pair. Kai joined in, and Sehun followed behind. He noted how pale Hana looked, how shocked and abashed she was, yet he couldn't seem to feel anything from the girl.

 

"Yes, I do agree in helping you. What can I say, she's good at persuading me," Sungjae smiled and threw a nod to Hana, who nodded back out of courtesy. "Now, Jaejoong, we'd better hurry because time is catching up fast. I assume everyone is already here, then?"

 

"Yes, everyone is here," Jaejoong confirmed. He felt a little eased with Sungjae's presence. The witch hummed and looked over at the crowd, examining what to do with them. "You have quite a number, and even if I want to do a spell on all of you, it will be too exhausting for me. Therefore... I can only suggest you something."

 

"Please, do tell," Jaejoong nodded at Sungjae to continue, to which he did, "From what I see, you are struggling with the path you want to take, when really, it isn't that hard at all." He looked over to count the numbers of the Fallens and pointed at Luhan, "You have one who can make a Portal for you, and I can help you in that, as well."

 

"Portal? But Portals only bring you to the other world," Jaejoong said, before he stopped in the middle and shook his head with the growing hesitation in his mind, "You want us to go to the human world instead?"

 

"Sungjae, you can't do that," Sehun firmly stated, cutting into the conversation, "You can't bring the human into this war of our world. It is against the law."

 

"You can cross over to Transylvania. That place is a neutral zone between the human world and our world," Sungjae first replied to Jaejoong's question before answering Sehun's, "Sooner or later, the human will be included. After the Forsakens are done with you people, they will take over the other world."

 

"It is entirely your choice to take, but I suggest you to make your decision quickly. The clock is ticking, the sun is sinking, they are coming." Sungjae smiled gently, a smile one wouldn't see in the middle of an emergency situation.

 

"I agree," Luhan stepped into the picture, and nodded at Jaejoong without even looking at Sehun, "This is your last resort. Either we die fighting here, or we win the fight in another world."

 

Sehun glared at Luhan but said nothing else. Jaejoong then nodded at Sungjae, "Let's do this then." Luhan scattered to the crowd, with Hana and Sehun behind, while Sungjae stood next to Jaejoong, ready to open a Portal anytime they wanted.

 

"You look pale," Sehun casually remarked to Hana when they were walking side to side. Hana bit her lips with her tiny fangs and furrowed her eyebrows in concern. She didn't want to include others in her messed up mind.

 

"Are you okay?"

 

Hana wasn't okay, and it was shown clearly in her expression. She was pale, literally, and nervous. Sehun felt the urge to grab her hand and calmed her down, but he wondered if she would let him do it. Would it be too fast to show affection when he had always been cold to her?

 

"I'm fine," Hana mumbled too weak for her own liking. She was supposed to be strong for everyone. The whole clan was now, her responsibility, just like Jaejoong and Kai. She could feel her heart beat faster than the normal rhythm, and how everything else was muted out, and how she struggled to keep herself together. She could only hope Sehun wouldn't notice.

 

But who was she kidding?

 

Sehun knew. And he was worried.

 

"Don't be scared. I'm here with you now," and with that, a cold hand slipped itself to wrap hers. The coldness woke her up to reality, and she looked at Sehun. Her heart fluttered seeing his once cold eyes now filled with some emotion she could recognize.

 

"Thank you."

 

***

 

The faeries were traveling in the day territories to avoid further confrontation from the night creatures. The werewolves were supposed to join them in a few hours, after they gathered themselves and fixed whatever mess they could fix.

 

It was always rare to see the Summer Court and the Winter one blended in together, war or not. There was so much difference between the two, like how they dressed up, their weapons of choice, to the faces in general.

 

The Winter Court preferred darker clothing, ones that could keep them warm because their places were filled with frost and snow. Their lands were covered entirely by ice, and there was little to no warmth in their territory. They liked to use swords, made from their eternal frost, one of the best material one could find. It was hard, unbreakable and light. The Winter Courts faeries had very noticeable cheekbones, and strong, masculine jawline. Their women had sharp jaws and equally sharp eyes.

 

The Summer Court was everything the Winter was not. They liked to dress in color, particularly red. They were filled with warmth and joy, with sunlight and the fresh air of spring. They were full of smiles and laughter, and even the words they whispered symbolized how warm and happy they were. They were rounder in shape, with oval faces and fit bodies. They liked to use arrow and swords made of wooden grip for protection.

 

This time, however, the Summer Court was filled in grief and sorrow, because they just lost a Princess to this battle. The King and Queen sat the furthest, and only came out when their presences were needed. Most of the time, if they could avoid the occasion, the eldest Prince, Suho would be the representative.

 

The Winter Court walked by the left side, their grey dresses swaying left and right, creating a gentle swirl, graceful yet dangerous. The eldest Prince, Do Kyungsoo was in the front, weapons ready in hands. His face was serious, with no hint of smile gracing his handsome features.

 

Behind all of them, a few other faeries from the neutral zone followed, their faces covered. It was a general secret that these faeries didn't like to show their faces to public. They were once ruled by Kris, until he decided to dethrone and became the Fallen, leaving them without a leader.

 

"How long do we have to wait until the wolves show up?" Kyungsoo asked, a hint of impatience showing up. He was never a man of many words. Always very serious and committed to his work, Kyungsoo was the perfect example of a Winter faery; cold, calm, collected.

 

"The Fallen said they would arrive in an hour or so, and even then, we would have to wait for Lord Kris to show up," Suho explained, his eyes tired and sad. Kyungsoo threw him a sympathetic glance and nodded, "Still no news from the vampires?"

 

"They are evacuating fast," Suho replied, his eyes shifting from Kyungsoo to the other royals behind him. Some he recognized well because they attended the annual reunion ball for centuries. Krystal and Jessica, the infamous siblings. Xiumin, a feared general from the Winter side, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's right hand man and Jiwoo, Kyungsoo's soon-to-be fiancé.

 

"Let's hope they won't lose track of time," Kyungsoo didn't mean it in a bad way, but he couldn't help the sarcastic tone in his voice. Jiwoo worriedly looked at him and tried to soothe him by touching his arms, but the male hissed and pulled away from that single touch. He glared at her, "Please. Do not touch me."

 

Kyungsoo had never liked his fiancé. Not that she was bad, or ugly, no, she was anything but that. He just didn't like the idea of having a female by his side. If it weren't for Winter Queen's direct order to arrange this marriage, Kyungsoo would never have agreed. Even after a hundred year or two, he had never had a change of heart. He would probably never like his fiancé.

 

"Even if they do, there's nothing we can do," Suho observed the hurt in Jiwoo's eyes and watched as she walked to the very back, possibly to talk to the Queen. "We can't trust no one in a war."

 

"Lord Kris is here," Kyungsoo mumbled and stepped back to allow the tall figure to part the crowd. His presence was overwhelming, as intimidating as Kyungsoo remembered when he was just a kid.

 

"Suho," Kris first greeted his cousin from the Summer side, then turned to greet his Winter family, "Kyungsoo."

 

"Lord Kris," Both greeted. Kyungsoo stiffened a little. Suho also stepped back, allowing more space for Kris to fit in. Instead of walking together, Kris stopped them in track, and everyone halted immediately.

 

"We have a change of plans," Kris announced, though only the front lines could hear what he said. "We're crossing over to the human world. In short..." Kris paused and cleared his throat, "We are bringing this war over to them."

 

Suho's eyes widened. "You're bringing us to the other world? What if the human knows? It will be against the rules!"

 

"Only this time, we have no other choice," Kris' eyes seemed to be darker everytime he spoke. "We have a witch on our side, he will help us creating a barrier for the human. We'll be going to Transylvania, where the energy of this world would be the highest. You can utilize your abili

ty to the core."

 

Kyungsoo didn't react fast. He simply nodded in agreement and prepared himself to inform the people. Suho on the other hand, was more reluctant and doubtful about this plan. Bringing the chaos to the human world didn't sound promising. In fact, he feared that the Forsaken would increase in numbers if they went over.

 

"That's the only escape we can think of right now. We'll open another Portal soon enough to come back, but right now, we must focus on getting everyone together and preparing ourselves for wars," Kris assured Suho. "We won't be fighting there, but we'll stay there for a few days to be ready."

 

"I understand," Suho nodded and stared firmly at Kris.

 

"To do so, I need help from both your Kings. We need to open Portals for you to cross over," Kris said with hints of urgency in his voice. He needed the ability of the Winter King Yunho and the Summer King Leeteuk. The more Portals he could get, the faster it would be for everyone to cross over to the human world.

 

"Alright, I will inform the King immediately," Suho glanced at Kyungsoo, who gave him an affirmative look. Both of them went back to tell the Kings and to tell everyone to be ready for the Portals. Kris disappeared soon after, going over to tell the werewolf clan what they must do.

 

A/N: The main characters have all gathered together. I'm curious, though, whose romance do you want to see? It can be anyone's; Kris', Kai's, Sungjae's, Luhan's, Suho's, Kyungsoo's, or whoever's. Please tell me in the comment section ^^