chapter 45

The Fallen #1

Hana had never been anywhere outside of Asia. Her first impression of Transylvania was that it was beautiful. The landscape was magnificent, where they landed softly on a grass land, still with the urge to vomit like the first time. It was green everywhere, mountains, valleys, forests, the soft breathe of fresh air, and... the smell of human.

 

"Hana," Sehun called out to her, but she ignored him. Nobody else would understand the burning sensation of , begging with insatiable lust to drink more blood. "Hana, look at me." She didn't. She could only focus on the scent, where it came the strongest. "Jung Hana!"

 

When he hissed, Hana blinked. At his touch, she awoke.

 

"Yes?"

 

"I know you're thirsty," Sehun glared at her, but for a good purpose. He had both his hands on her arms to prevent her from running away. "Get yourself together. You won't harm them. I know you won't. Now, focus on me, and take a deep breath."

 

To say that Hana was thirsty was an understatement. Her whole body was dancing on fire in the inside, and her mind was blurred because of the thirst. But Hana listened and looked at Sehun, her doe eyes piercing into his dark ones, and again, she felt herself drowning in this unfamiliar feeling she loved so much. Slowly, Hana calmed down, her body relaxed, and her mind drifted away from the thought of blood.

 

"Much better," Sehun gave her a mili-second smile, one of his rarest ones.

 

Hana nodded unconsciously and imitated what he said with a soft mumble, "Much much better."

 

"Hana!"

 

She turned around, watching as Kai ran to her, Jaejoong kept a safe distance, but his eyes would occasionally glance at her. Hana could feel the coldness slipping away and when she turned back, Sehun disappeared. Yet again. Nothing short of what she expected.

 

"Princess, are you okay?" Kai caressed the side of her face, concern written all over his features, and Hana couldn't hold back an amused giggle at him. He was so much of an older brother figure she never had, though he probably wished she thought of him as something else. "You look unwell."

 

"I'm fine, don't worry," Hana waved to at him and pulled away, reminding him of Jaejoong's presence, "Just a little dizzy from the Portal. Jet lag. I'm fine."

 

"If you say so, because we have to keep on moving," Kai turned his head to meet Luhan, who just came back from crossing the Portal. Everyone had gathered in the field, trying to scoot closer just to listen to whatever the others had to say. They all wore dark gold robe minus the shimmer, because the color represented their clan.

 

"Beware," Luhan told Jaejoong, but everyone heard anyway, "The faeries are coming."

 

The whole clan scattered around when they saw a blue Portal formed in the middle of the field. Then another Portal appeared. Flashes of grey and red appeared, jumping out of the swirling pool swiftly with such grace. Kai pulled Hana to the back to avoid the whirlwind barrier. Curiously, she took a peek just to see how the faeries looked like.

 

Like Kris, they were all fair and beautiful. Pearly white skin, tall and slim figures, and stoic expressions. Two figures in the front were the first to approach Jaejoong. The one with the red robe wore a tight-lipped smile, his eyes losing the twinkle they used to have. The grey robe one, simply looked bored and uninterested, but his eyes were looking around to observe.

 

"Kai, let's go to Jaejoong," Hana whispered to his back, and he nodded, entwining his hand and hers and walked together to the front. Jaejoong nodded at Kai, and took her with him. She complied without complain and smiled at the faeries, presumably the leaders of the Winter Court and the Summer Court.

 

"I should congratulate you on your mate, Lord Jaejoong," the shorter one spoke, his eyes looked harsh. He was good at hiding whatever his thoughts were. "Pleasure to meet you, Lady Jung. News of you have traveled fast amongst the Shadow creatures. I am the Prince of the Winter Court, Kyungsoo."

 

"The pleasure is all mine, Your Highness," Hana bowed a little at him.

 

"I am the Prince of the Summer Court, my Lady, I go by the name of Suho," the Summer Prince spoke, and there was a sense of ease when he talked. He was fair, as fair as the white snow, and though he looked tired and sad, he still brought an air of spring and summer around. "You are as beautiful as the others have spoken of."

 

Hana noticed that Kyungsoo didn't like to talk to the vampires unless it was absolutely important. He was more of the silent and observant type. Suho, the jolly and cheerful type, was more of a charmer of the two. It was no wonder, considering which Court he belonged to.

 

"The others have spoken too highly of me, Your Highness, but thank you for your compliment," Hana nodded to Suho, and the later smiled in return.

 

"Where are the Kings?" Jaejoong asked the two Prince, who pointed at the Portals. Suho was the one who replied, "The Highnesses are opening the Portals for all of us, hence their lateness. We do apologize for this matter, Lord Jaejoong."

 

"It's fine," Jaejoong replied, "And the Fallen?"

 

"Lord Kris is aiding the wolves in the South. They should be coming very soon."

 

And true enough, two more Portals opened, red in color, and everyone ran around to avoid the strong wind created. Once in without purpose, the Portal would create a chaos on both sides. There were four Portals in total, with lots of faeries and werewolves coming out from the whirl.

 

Hana squinted her eyes to see the werewolves. A very particular scent came in contact with her sensitive nose. She didn't like the scent, but she didn't hate it either. Wet rain, grass, trees, those smells came strongly from the new Portals, as a figure jumped out, landing harshly with a loud thump on the ground, much in contrast to the faeries.

 

"The mutts are here, I shouldn't be surprised," Jaejoong muttered low enough so that only he and Hana could hear, but judging from Kyungsoo's reaction, the Faery Prince had heard it as well.

 

"My, my, what a welcoming party," In a split second, the werewolf appeared in front of them, with a huge grin on his face, "The young Princes from the Faery clan, a newborn vampire, and you... Leech."

 

Hana's eyes widened at the werewolves' profanity. Jaejoong clenched his fist instantly and snickered, "Quit talking, Dog. You're dirtying the air with your foul scent."

 

"Likewise, bloodsucker, likewise," the grin never fell off from his lips.

 

"Hana, Dear, this is the youngest ruler of the werewolf clan, Yongguk's youngest brother, Junhong," Jaejoong looked at Hana and smiled. Hana smiled back, suppressing a giggle from her lips. She thought the little greeting between Jaejoong and Junhong was amusing.

 

"Pleased to meet you," Hana nodded to Junhong and watched as he sniffed the air once, "You're much better than your rude mate. Your scent is much bearable too."

 

Hana laughed at his straightforward words and bowed down to him, "I will take that as a compliment, Lord Junhong."

 

The werewolf looked quite pleased with Hana's response. He was glad she was nothing like his mate. However, when he saw Sehun approaching, his happy grin turned into a sour frown. He glared at the younger Lord from the vampire clan, or should he say ex-vampire Lord.

 

"Why is he here?" Junhong quickly turned hostile and put on a self defense position. He had held a long grudge towards Sehun, because Sehun killed one of his cousin. It was for a good reason, though, because Junhong's cousin, Jongup had fed in the open space and almost killed a group of human.

 

"You are as stupid and unreasonable as always," Sehun made a bored 'tsh' sound with his tongue and scowled, "I am here because most of the Fallens are here, dumbtard."

 

Hana pulled Sehun to the back immediately, slipping away from Jaejoong's grip. If Sehun continued talking, she was sure Junhong would snap anytime soon, and they didn't need anymore fights among themselves. This gesture, however, did not escape the watchful eyes, and it was Kyungsoo who spoke first with so much sarcasm in his voice.

 

"For a second here, I almost forget your clan has two heirs. I thought you were the sole descendant for the throne," Kyungsoo purposefully looked at Sehun and Hana, talking in hushed voice with such intimacy, "Apparently not."

 

"Faery Prince, you got quite a smart mouth there, I like you already," Junhong offered Kyungsoo a handshake, but the later threw him a distasteful look. Junhong drew his hand back, growling at what he called 'mannerless' fool.

 

"Lord Sehun is back to your clan? That's a..." Suho couldn't find quite the right word to neutralize Kyungsoo's rudeness, "That's a surprise." Or not. He had a mate to win over, of course he'd be back.

 

"He won't be back for long," Jaejoong coldly replied, looking over to see Hana shaking her head fervently, seemingly abashed at whatever Sehun had said. Her hand wrapping itself comfortably onto his, like they belonged together.

 

"Calm down, Sehun, you look angry," Hana said in what she thought was her softest voice. Sehun shook a little on the inside from the rage and urgency to kill. He hadn't touched his sword for days. As a Fallen, the urge to kill was high. His hands needed to be soothed with bloods.

 

"I can't," Sehun clenched his fist, but Hana quickly latched her hands, trying to pull away his tight grip. She looked worried, and scared. "Sehun, please, we are not here to fight each other." When he didn't respond, she lifted her hand, grazing the side of his cheeks gently, lovingly, feeling the details etched onto this beautiful male.

 

He shivered, in pleasure. Hana wanted to pull away, but he held her hand, holding it to his cheeks, and he stared right into her, for that one second, the world was theirs. No worries, no wars, no silly jokes. Just them. Just her. With all her flaws and imperfections. And her fear and her soft touch.

 

Then he let go. And the magic was gone. Like a snap of finger, Hana forced herself to wake up. Just one second. One simple touch. And she was left with this indescribable feeling, building up like this raging storm she couldn't fathom.

 

"Kris has arrived," Sehun stared ahead, back to his usual cold, serious self. Hana followed his gaze, and both of them walked up to him, feeling a sense of discomfort and uneasiness. Something big was coming, and they felt it in the cold blood, under their veins. A war, a bloodshed tear and a hell of a battle field. 

 

A/N: Can you imagine baby Junhong as a werewolf leader? I can.