chapter 52

The Fallen #1

            "How is the young Prince?"

 

            Ara stood near the door, and only when Hana came inside, did she see the Faery, arms crossing in front of her chest. Now that Sehun told her that Ara was Kris' sister, Hana could see how they resembled one another even more. She might not have Kris' eagle eyes, but her round, big eyes were as sharp and intimidating, her cheekbones high and her nose tall like him. She was tall, as well, boasting a few inches taller than Hana, who stood at an average height. 

 

            "Sehun's fine," Hana smiled and stopped when she saw a Fallen Faery near Ara. She was beautiful, just like most Shadows were. She carried no form of weapon, and seemed almost relax, but Hana could feel the powerful aura from her. Stood by her side, was a man, who seemed a few years older than the rest of the girls in appearances. He seemed to be a Fallen as well, albeit the stoic, careless attitude.

 

            "That's a relief," Ara remarked with a small nod, "Hana, I want to introduce you to Seohyun and Jonghyun. They possess the elemental ability of water and earth. They'd help you in developing the power of your flame."

 

            Seohyun stiffly glanced at Hana, not giving her any sort of greeting, but stared at her, a sign that she acknowledged Hana was there. Jonghyun ruffled his hair, thinking that this was a sport to kill time, or a fun entertainment. What else would he do to fight a powerless girl like Hana? She might possess a very dangerous elemental but as long as she couldn't control it well, she wasn't much of a threat.

 

            "Will you be here to watch?" Hana asked, unsure.

 

            "Yes, I will be here, just to make sure things don't go out of hand," Ara shifted her gaze from Hana to Seohyun and Jonghyun. Hana noted how the two suddenly stood a little straighter, as if they were scared of Ara, which was quite a surprise. The Fallens did not fear people, they were the ones planting fear in others. Just how strong was Ara, really, that earn her so much respect from people?

 

            "You go easy on her, Lady Ara," Seohyun remarked  looking around the building in distaste, "When I was trained, you put me in a water full of hungry crocodiles. I almost died from it." Crocodiles? Hana's eyes widened and she looked at Ara for confirmation.

 

            "But you survived, that's all that matters," Ara replied like it was no big matter. Seohyun shrugged while Jonghyun chuckled, "Crocodiles? I sure would love to see her fighting the crocs."

 

            "The crocodiles here are pretty different from the human world," Seohyun explained, "They are much more aggressive, they eat almost any meats, they are larger and more agile. The crocs are considered quite dangerous here. In the water, they are a very territorial kind, but once faced with more dangerous predators, they just swim away... Sometimes close to our clan's territory because we have more sunlight compared to the others."

 

            "That doesn't sound very good," Hana shook her head, "Well, I should be glad I won't face such challenge, then."

 

            "No, because they will be your opponents for today. Especially Seohyun here, because her ability is the opposite of yours. You will learn how to actually burn someone to the core," Ara spoke, explaining to Hana, "Just with enough concentration, you will be able to do that."

 

            "Just focus on the negative emotion?" Hana asked to make sure, looking at her hands. In just a short time, she had been able to control the flame, emoting them from the hands and creating an even bigger one. She still had difficulties, and it would exhaust her easily from time to time.

 

            "Intense hatred," Seohyun was the one to answer, "She wants you to burn to kill. And to do so, you must focus on the intense hatred you have on someone. You have to want that person to die on your hand, enjoying their pain and hurt. Can you do that?"

 

            Hana had hated people before, but never to the point of wanting that person to die. She looked to Seohyun in doubt, "I'm not sure. I can try."

 

            "Doubt will bring you no good," This time, Jonghyun was the one to speak. He seemed uninterested, but he still observed quietly. He was, after all, a Fallen. "You have to be sure. When you're in a battle, you won't have a time to doubt. Or you'll be killed, immediately."

 

            "Just focus on the flame in you," Ara cut the conversation, looking sharply at Hana. "As Fallens, they find it easier to hate, and hatred can be a very strong trigger to your inner ability. You can still focus on something else, something intense."

 

            Intense? Intense? Hana felt herself reddened. Why must she thought of the kiss with Sehun? The blush on her cheeks was an evident proof for Seohyun that something happened to her, either with Jaejoong or Sehun. Sehun sounded more unlikely, because he was injured. But who knew what could happen? She scoffed inwardly. Why would people have the time for love in the most unlikeliest time of all?

 

            "You can fight physically this time," Seohyun nodded at Hana, her eyes scanning her from head to toe, "Because I won't hold back. There's one thing you, yourself have to know. If you die, it won't be my responsibility."

 

            Hana blew air into her cheeks. She felt so frustrated that everyone was looking down at her, as if she was a worthless being. Everyone was threatening her with death sentence, like a flick on the head would kill her anytime. Yongguk, Luhan, Seohyun, all of them were judging her because she was weak. All she had to do was to show them she wasn't.

 

            "Let's step back, Lady Ara," Jonghyun casually told the Faery, and both of them took a few steps to the back, "I'm sure this will be one hell of a training for Hana."

 

            "A lesson for her. She won't forget it for a lifetime," Ara smiled and observed.

 

            Seohyun didn't move from her spot, nor did she let Hana attack her first. When the vampirearrow-10x10.png moved, sword in her hand, Seohyun lifted her hand, creating a sudden wave of water from the air, quickly surrounding Hana and wetting her feet. Hana couldn't move afterwards, and was forced to stay put in the spot.

 

            "Your ability, Vampirearrow-10x10.png girl," Seohyun made a bored 'tsh' sound and waved her hand, bringing in more and more water from every source she could get. "If you give up so fast, you'll ruin the fun for me."

 

            "Like hell I will," Hana spat out, drying out the water on her feet with intense flame. Within a few seconds, she was freearrow-10x10.png, out from the water ties, and jumped. She realized that Seohyun's purpose was to force her to use the ability. She couldn't throw away the sword just like that, because she might struck a chance with her now and then.

 

            Hana threw a ball of flame, as weird as it sounded to Seohyun, which the girl dodged easily. Seohyun would then try to capture Hana down, and laughed cruelly when she didn't succeed. She seemed to be taking pleasure toying with the girl, watching her panting hard and getting a little bit more annoyed as each minute passed.

 

            The same fight lasted for God knew how many hour. Even Ara started to get frustrated with the two. She clicked her tongue, and bit down her tongue to stop herself from making a snappy remarks. At least Hana lasted longer than the last fight.

 

            "I am getting bored with you," Seohyun pointed, hands twirling a small water whirl. "I'll just end this. Lady Ara, you're welcome to stop me anytime." But she threw Ara a look, signaling to her that of she did try to stop them, Hana would learn nothing from this. Hana glanced at Ara and Jonghyun, both looked like they couldn't careless about her.

 

            "The most dangerous thing about water ability isn't about creating storms, or a huge tsunami, or drowning people," Seohyun slowly spoke, facing Hana in such a distance. "It's about giving people slow, painful death by out the water out of the body. Like this," with a come-in motion, Hana felt something swirled inside.

 

            The air was heavy, pressuring her, knocking her out of breath. But she could survive this, still. A vampire needed not air because they were dead creatures. It was the pain from the inside that got unbearable, choking her.

 

            Hana coughed.

 

            "Not so strong, are you now, Princess?" Seohyun commented, still not stopping.

 

            Hana remembered what they taught her, to focus on something intense on the opponent and tried to burn them down. Would this kind of pain be intense enough to burn someone down? She could only try to find out...

 

            Looking at Seohyun, focusing on her solely, with her own head spinning and throbbing painfully. Pain... She wanted Seohyun to feel pain the way she did.

 

            Ara watched in wonder as flames, red and beautiful, started to burn Seohyun, who was supposedly drenched in water. At first, the Fallen looked surprised, trying to wash away the flame with her own water. She always did this with other Fire-users, and it normally worked every time.

 

            But it didn't.

 

            And she started to panic.

 

            The pain was coming, the very first physical pain she felt in a long time now. She was always a very strong warrior, but the flame was too much for her to take. She screamed, and choked, and screamed again.

 

            "Ara! Make it stop!" Seohyun yelled at her in horror. Ara was about to step in, walking towards Hana. But the flame disappeared the moment she took the first step. Both Seohyun and Hana fell down to the ground at the same time. One, because of pain. The other, for exhaustion.

 

            Hana huffed, looking over to Seohyun, and saw her panting hard on the ground, her skin black from the flame. She was still writhing in pain. The wounds on her body looked like it would scar for a long time. But because she was a Fallen, it wouldn't be that severe. Hopefully...

 

            "Good job, Hana," Ara came to her, while Jonghyun went to check on Seohyun. The Faery helped her to stand up, and though she was exhausted, her eyes dropping halfway, she looked at Seohyun, who was groaning at Jonghyun's touch,

 

            "Thank you, Seohyun. Really, thank you..."

 

            And she fell down to oblivion. There was too much energy taken for the first time burning someone like that. What Hana didn't realize was, her power might be much more dangerous than she thought it would.