chapter 43

The Fallen #1

 It didn't take long before Jaejoong ensued an order to stop whatever they were doing and gathered around the halls. It was chaos everywhere, with rumors flying around that a rebellion had started, by none other than their own council.

 

Hana roamed around the castle, checking everyone to make sure they gathered according to Jaejoong's order. It was a huge evacuation and she had to make sure everyone listened and followed.

 

Kai, on the other hand, was more efficient with his teleportation ability. He informed all the head families and made sure that they also gathered in the castle for evacuation process. The clan was in emergency situation, with everybody running around in panic. This was battle field, and everyone was preparing for something big.

 

Lay helped in aiding Yongguk and Himchan, both processes happened quite fast and they healed fairly easily. It was a relief, considering that their helps would be most needed, along with the other Fallens. Luhan had gone to help the werewolf clan, Sehun with the faeries, and finally, Kris went over to the human world to gather the rest of the Fallens.

 

"What are our numbers, approximately?" Hana asked as Jaejoong laid the map on the big table in the library. There were only two of them, but supposedly the head families would gather here soon enough to help with the planning. Jaejoong tilted his head and stared at the complicated, ever-moving areas of the yellow dusty paper.

 

"Around two hundreds to three hundreds," Jaejoong replied without looking at her. Hana nodded and circled around the table to examine the possible escape for such numbers. "And the numbers of everyone combined?" With the reference to the Fallen, werewolf and faeries combined.

 

"Maybe a thousand," Jaejoong sighed, "We don't really grow in numbers over the years. Most of us are pure breeds and half bloods. As for the ex-human ones, most of them turn into Forsaken."

 

"Do you have any place in mind right now?" Hana stared at the map, "Aren't we in the night territory?" Night territory were meant for creatures who couldn't survive the sun, such as the vampires. There was sunlight, of course, but the course of daytime was comparably shorter than the day territory or the human world.

 

"Yes, we're surrounded by a few minor clans, like the ghouls, the witches, and the sirens," Jaejoong explained patiently so that she understood. "These minor clans have long held grudges on us, so I'm not sure if they are working with the Elders right now. It's a complicated situation, Hana. Planning an escape for the entire clan is difficult, and no, I don't have any place in mind right now. At least not one that allows us to safely cross the barrier of the night territory."

 

Both of them drowned in silence. Thoughts consumed. Hana started thinking of what possibilities she could do to help, and after a good few minutes, she turned to Jaejoong, slightly weary of what she would suggest, "I have an idea, though I'm not one hundred percent sure of it."

 

"What is this idea about?" Jaejoong asked carefully. He didn't want to hurt her into thinking that he underestimated her, but at thus critical moment, he couldn't afford any mistakes. Hana firmly looked into his eyes and answered, "I am going to ask for Sungjae's help."

 

"Sungjae? How do you know him?" Jaejoong raised one of his eyebrows in confusion. Hana stared back with a knowing look, and Jaejoong got the hint almost immediately, "Sehun brought you to him? Is that how you know Sungjae?"

 

"It doesn't matter now, does it? I'm going to ask him for help," Hana shook her head, while Jaejoong refused almost immediately, "If that's him, I highly doubt he will help. Friends or not, that witch do not dwell in this kind of stuff. He no longer cares about wars and fights and territorial issues, Hana."

 

"I will have to try about that, Jaejoong. This is one possible chance from him and I cannot waste it. You just have to trust me enough to talk to him," Hana tried to convince the Lord into believing, but the male was still skeptical about the whole Sungjae idea. He was sure that the witch wouldn't agree, regardless of what Hana could offer to him. Besides... What could Hana have to offer? Sungjae had everything he wanted by a snap of finger.

 

"If you want, I'll go with you, I can help you convince him," Jaejoong said. Hana put her hand over his, as nothing of affection, but more as a sign of reassurance. "You must attend to the clan at the moment. They need someone to lead and to protect them. I trust you to do this right, now give me a chance to do something for this clan, as well."

 

Jaejoong was weary. He was scared something would happen to her. He would lose his sanity if she lost her life. He didn't want that to happen. He had genuinely grown to care for this girl in front of him, not only as his mate, but also as a friend and as a companion. Jaejoong had always been scared for this kind of dependence towards each other, but he couldn't careless at the moment. He would not afford to lose her.

 

"I bear this Mark for a reason, Jaejoong. I belong to this clan as much as you do. We can't waste another minute arguing over this. I'm sorry, but I'm going whether or not you agree."

 

Hana turned back, feeling a little deflated from Jaejoong's reaction. She grabbed the doorknob and sighed, as if a heavy burden had just been placed on her shoulder and no one trusted her enough to do this.

 

"Hana, good luck. And please," Jaejoong said pleadingly, something he was not used to in a long while, "Be safe. We are all waiting for you here."

 

***

 

"Luhan!"

 

Hana yelled when she spotted the brown haired male from afar. She approached him in hurry and wasted no time to ask what she wanted to ask, "Is Kai back yet?"

 

Luhan threw her a side glance and shook his head, still not liking this girl at all. He was helping Himchan to take care of everyone who already gathered around the hall. He was agitated, because his Fallen blood was calling for him to kill. He hadn't dirtied his hand for days and now it was itching for him to shed some blood.

 

"No, he's not here, still out, " Luhan replied briefly before going back to do what he was supposed to do. Hana couldn't bother herself to think about Luhan's attitude and instead went over to the crowd, where she remembered a lady from the party nights before.

 

"Lady Yura!" She looked at Hana coldly. It was a bit surprising, considering how gentle and sweet she was in the ball. Maybe she held a grudge because Kai chose Hana over her, but then again, it was better not to suspect too much.

 

Yura was about to leave, but Hana wasn't going to give up on her, "Yura, wait, this is important." Yura made a 'tsh' sound with and scowled, "What do you want, Jung Hana?" Hana now stared at her in amusement more than anger.

 

"Can you tell me who has the ability to teleport in this clan other than Kai?" Hana eyed her up and down, noting her contorted expression, and she had to admit, she was getting a little bit pissed off as the minute passed, "Don't you dare give me that attitude, Yura. We're in a situation emergency and I'd expect you to value the lives of your own people."

 

"My brother, Kim Jinwoo. He's there with my parents," Yura finally gave up and pointed at the direction Hana should go to. Hana looked at her one last time, breathing in as she spoke to Yura, "Thank you so much... And I'm sorry." In million ways she couldn't explain what it was for, because there were too many things she was sorry for.

 

Hana rushed to the Kim family, all of them looked surprised to see Hana there.

 

"Lady Jung, what can I help you with?" The head family, a man who looked no older than thirty asked. His son, Kim Jinwoo, the man Hana was looking for, blinked at her with his huge doe eyes which reminded her so much of Luhan.

 

"Actually, I need your son's help. Do you mind if borrow him for a little while?" Hana gave them a tight-lipped smile. The head family Kim looked flabbergasted, but not as much as his son, who was still recovering from his shocked expression. His father pushed him forward, and nodded at Hana, "Of course, Lady Jung, please take your time."

 

Hana didn't care what kind of look she received from others when she dragged Jinwoo to one corner in what she's like to call 'devastated steps'. "Jinwoo, is it true that you can teleport?"

 

He nodded quietly. He seemed shy and introverted.

 

"Can you teleport me to another place, then?" Hana asked impatiently. Jinwoo nodded again and she breathed out in relief, "Listen, I need you to help me in this. I need to teleport to a cave where a witch resides. Do you think you can do that for me?"

 

Jinwoo nodded yet again, understanding the urgency in her tone as he held his hand out like a gentleman, "Just think of the place and I'll bring you there."

 

Hana slipped her hands into his and concentrated on the waves and the caves, not leaving details out of her memories. Nausea followed when she felt a swirling sensation, but it wasn't as bad as Luhan's portal. The next second, Jinwoo was tapping her hand, shaking her gently.

 

"I think... We've arrived?" He sounded unsure.

 

Hana opened her eyes and blinked. It was exactly this place. The witches' lair, or so Sehun called this place. Memories filled her in, but she blinked them all away. Now was not the time to think about Sehun. She had responsibilities to uphold. And that was to meet Sungjae... Who seemed to be expecting her in the entrance of the cave.

 

"Hana Dear, welcome back."

 

Jinwoo blinked at her in confusion, but she shushed him up and told him to wait for her for a while. The girl then turned to Sungjae and smiled in relief, "Sungjae, I'm sure you know why I'm here, don't you?"