chapter 54

The Fallen #1

            "Hana!"

 

            The girl was still sleeping like a log after a tiring day. Sehun was already in his fighting fear. Panic rose in the air, thick with tension and fear. Something was going on outside, and it was total chaos.

 

            "Hana,wake up!!" He went over to the bed and shook her, wondering how one could sleep through the noises. She seemed to hear him and opened her eyes, rubbing the lid slowly and grumpily looked at the intruder of her sleep. "Hurry and pack your things. We're having a mass evacuation right now!"

 

            Still not understanding the situation, Hana could only hear the urgency in his voice and jumped out of the bed, running over to the toilet and stripped off of her silky dress. On the hanger, was her fighting gear and dark robe, and she wore them quickly. In a few seconds, she came out all dressed up and ready, still confused.

 

            Sehun didn't have the time to explain everything to her. He grabbed her hand, and ran out of the room, to God knew where. As soon as they were outside the door, the sound of metals clashed against each other was thick in the air. The smell of blood followed and Hana pulled away from Sehun's hand, running by his side with her eyes widened in horror.

 

            "Another attack!! Move to the other side!" A voice yelled out loud.

 

            Both Hana and Sehun took out their swords, ready for almost anything. Sehun stopped upon hearing the voice, and grabbed Hana's wrist again, glancing at her, "Turn around, it's the other way!"

 

            A lot of people gathered in the hallway, scattered around messily and ran with their lives depended on this. Hana caught glimpse of a few Forsakens, eating flesh of whatever creature could have been once. She focused her attention on them, and soon after, they were covered in dark red flames.

 

            Sehun didn't have the time to compliment her, because he had his own enemies to fight. Left and right, people came in so fast that it became a blur of lines around her. Soon enough, they were out of the buildings. It was, just as Sehun predicted, nighttime. Otherwise the Forsakens wouldn't have attacked so blindly.

 

            He saw Kai and Jaejoong from afar, moving so fluidly in the crowd. Their swords were dancing in the air, flawlessly, like a choreographed dance. Hana gasped when someone bruised her shoulder and knocked her backwards. She fell hard onto Sehun's shoulder, and got back right again. She saw a Forsaken nearby and without a second thought, ran to kill it.

 

            Sehun focused his attention on the group of flesh-eaters, their salivas dripping from their wide, canine-filled mouth. He knew Hana would be able to handle her fight with ease. He trusted her to be safe.

 

            Around a hundred more vampires swarmed in to help. Some of them wasn't ready with anything and was killed off immediately. Others defended their kinds, but weapons ran thin, especially for the archers. The Faeries drew out their enemies to the woods and used their nature-controlling ability to defeat them.

 

            Behind these all, four figures watched. The four Elders rested well in their spots, cornering the fights from four directions. Park Haejin, Kwon Jiyoung, Oh Byunghun and Song Seunghun had come together, instead of their usual pairs. They were shocked with the defeats of their two members. They thought they had Sehun and Kris cornered the day before, but they were wrong. As a result of their miscalculations, they lost two companions.

 

            "Do you think it's time?" Haejin breathed through the wind and let the other three heard his voice from the southern direction. Seunghun soon responded to his question, "They seem troubled, these young leaders of their clans." And then laughter. Cruel, vicious chuckle from the sound-user, Jiyong,

 

            "To think that Jaejoong manages to gather all the major clans here... Oh, look, there's the little Hana over there, fighting a battle of her own. She isn't as weak as Soohyun thinks, is she?"

 

            "I can't wait to see their bloods shed tonight," Byunghun his lips in delight. The four Elders had brought no weapons with them. They had planned to fight barehanded, with their abilities as supports. "Can't we just get down there and get this over with? I am starving."

 

            "I'd take The Winter Prince," Haejin pointed at Kyungsoo, who stayed out in one spot, but slay more than anyone could ever do. He watched with interest how the Winter Faery fought with heavy robe instead of taking it off. His figure swayed back and front, and sometimes would jump, much like a graceful swan, only that he moved much faster for the eyes to see. "He's good."

 

            "I want to take on Jaejoong, but Soohyun would be mad at me later on. So I'll take Sehun," Jiyong contemplated for a while, smirking at the Fallen Prince. "A sound used and an air-bender. It would be such an interesting match, wouldn't it?"

 

            "I'll take the werewolf," Byunghun's eyes darted to the direction where the noise was the loudest. Junhong was there, with a grin so wide, clawing onto the Forsakens like they were some toys he could play with. He looked brutal and deadly, his expression wild like an animal. "Imagine what it'd be like if I kill the mutt leader."

 

            "I think I'll take on Hana," Seunghun said after he thought for a long time. The tiny figure seemed to be handling her fights well. The Forsakens surrounded her like bees to honey, but she killed them all, a few at the same time. "Jaejoong would be devastated when he found out the girl was killed. He couldn't careless about Sehun, but well... Blood bond is harder to break than anything else..."

 

            "Two loss at the same time," Jiyong chuckled. He wholeheartedly loved the idea of a massacre though it included his own family. Why would family matter when he could just build another vampire army?

 

            "What are we waiting for, then?"

 

            Jiyong was the first to jump into the crowd. His robe was left hanging on the trees as he descended down. The others soon followed, surrounding the three clans from different directions. In a short while, Jiyong had had four vampires killed. The Faeries were more agile and the werewolves stronger, but two of each had died in his hands.

 

            Blood spilled even faster as the Elders joined in. Their initial plan was to kill as many as they could. Jiyong wanted to reduce the numbers to make it easier for the grand battle to come.

 

            Hana stopped on her track, pushing the Forsaken away from her, as new enemies came in; strong, fast, almost invincible. She ran over to Sehun and yelled at him, "Sehun! The Elders!" She paled down, heart thumping wildly in her chest. The sound muted in as she looked at Haejin, who came close to Kyungsoo. "The Elders are here!"

 

            Clang! Her sword met with his, and he looked over to the direction she pointed. Their swords never stopped playing, stabbing more Forsakens to come, but now their attentions were divided to the Winter Prince, who had a battle of his own.

 

            Against ten more Forsakens, Kyungsoo fought bravely. He didn't drop a single sweat and didn't even bat an eyelash to them. He had enemies before, much more dangerous than them, so they weren't much of a problem. The real trouble came, however, when he spotted a thin figure closing in faster than the wind. Like shadows, it moved, sometimes disappearing to the thin air, sometimes appearing for a mere split second.

 

            He smirked, kicking the Forsaken in front of him on the chest and sent quite a few of them backwards. Just how many were there, that the numbers didn't seem to die down after a long fight? They kept coming like ants; endless and forceful.

 

            "Greetings to you, Winter Lord," Haejin appeared a few meters away from him, bowing down a little to the younger Faery. Kyungsoo, however, stood unmoving. He hadn't forgotten manners, bit why should he pay his respect to the enemy? He noted the appearance of the young, but old vampire, quickly analyzing his ability. He might be a Shadow-user, a rare and troublesome ability.

 

            "Hana, focus!" Sehun growled to her ear, and she jumped back when he protected her with his sword. She immediately launched an attack to the disgusting half-vampire, whose flesh was torn apart from Sehun's sword. She cursed herself for being so careless. Both of them stood together, their backs against each other, making it easier to actually fight in a circle.

 

            "Move away, you rotten bastards!"

 

            The Forsakens made ways to their Masters when the two walked in, giving the fight a stop, by not for long. Hana was suddenly very much aware of her surrounding. She remembered the two Elders who now stood in front of them, giving no hints of emotion whatsoever. Sehun grabbed her hands tightly.

 

            "Sehun," Seunghun smiled at him. "Seeing you makes me feel nostalgic."

 

            The said male became a little stiff, and his grip on her became tighter.         

 

            "My dearest nephew," Elder Song continued, "You used to run around me and called me 'uncle'. You were so cute back then. Makes me wonder what happens to you in this hundreds of years. You've changed an awful lot."

 

            "People change," Sehun coldly replied. "Just like you." Then he glanced at Jiyong, who waited impatiently for this boring talk to be over, "Just like him."

 

            "And you, little girl," Seunghun sadly looked over to Hana. She bravely looked back, challenging him to continue whatever it was he wanted to say. "We've told you not to choose either one, and you did." He gazed at their entwined hands. "Such a young rebellious creature. Well, I guess blood speaks louder than anything, right, Sehun? After all, your mother was your father's rightful mate, not Jaejoong's."

 

            "Shut the up," Sehun hissed angrily. When Hana glanced at him, the pain was evident in his eyes. It was the kind of pain that came from a haunting past he wanted to forget but couldn't.

 

            "Don't worry, Sehun, when this is all over, both you and Jaejoong will be reunited with your parents in the Other world, while I take your mate and force her to another," his words were spoken softly, but stabbed deep into the heart.

 

            Fear engulfed Hana and she took a step back. Sehun held her back there. He wouldn't lose her. She should know that.

 

            "Pity," Jiyong shook his head and smiled cruelly, "Pity you won't see her mated to another."

 

            "She won't," Sehun glared at the two Elders. "I will kill you before that happens."

 

            "That's very reassuring," Jiyong sarcastically replied, but was cut off from making a longer remarks when Sehun had his sword on his neck. He was fast, Jiyong admitted that, but speed alone wouldn't bring you victory. He pinned Sehun back down on the ground in a split second, smirking when he struggled to break away.

 

            "Petty, petty little leech," he sang, and leaned in closer to reach Sehun's ear. The later growled at him, knowing his dirty trick since he grew up with Jiyong. The Elder would try to destroy his hearing senses, and Sehun wouldn't let that happen. As he snapped back, a wind so strong pushed Jiyong maters away from their original position.

 

            Hana wanted to run over and helped Sehun, but the other Elder prevented her from doing so. It was a one one one battle by then, and Hana wasn't sure whether or not she would survive this.