chapter 32

The Fallen #1

 Hana looked at Miyoung from behind the veil. She had never felt so... bare before.

 

She was physically ready, with all these transparent clothes on her. She felt like a bride, with transparent, almost flowy clothing. There was no male in the room. Miyoung had insisted the transformation to be as private as possible. Hana glanced at her friend nervously.

 

"I hope you know what you're doing, Miyoung," Hana bit her lips. Fear gripped her heart, and she swore she would cry with even a slightest shock from her surrounding. She was nervous and scared. Her heart was not ready. She wasn't ready for this new life Jaejoong promised her.

 

Hana hadn't met Kai since they separated earlier in the training room. She hadn't gotten the chance to tell him as well, because Jaejoong and Miyoung had rushed the preparation for the transformation that night.

 

There were things she wanted to let out, but couldn't tell. Her weaknesses and fears that she wanted to share with Kai. Even though she knew Miyoung longer, but still, she couldn't tell her everything. With Kai, she could easily blurt out anything.

 

Hana grasped the soft, velvety material in her hand. There was a pool inside the room, which reminded Hana to the luxurious hotel she could only dream of when she was in the human world. The place looked like a tropical palace, and in a sense, it really was. This was a castle that belonged to Jaejoong.

 

"I know very well what I am doing, Hana. It's almost time. The sun is setting and I can't wait any longer. Jaejoong will scold me if I drag on," Miyoung complained. She pulled Hana by the hand, and the later squeaked. There were only two of them now, because Miyoung ordered the maids to leave.

 

"Oh God," Hana exclaimed and Miyoung tapped her cheeks and focused her sight on her, "Don't be scared, Hana. This will last for a few hours. Then poof, you're a vampire. As simple as that. Now, relax. You look stiff as a board."

 

How could she relax? Hana's eyes widened, and she tensed up even more.

 

"You should loosen up," Miyoung finally let go of everything she was holding and now looked at Hana. The poor girl looked so scared, and she figured out that if compulsion would help in this, then so be it. Soft, soothing voice like the one Hana heard before, Miyoung spoke, "Relax, Hana."

 

The feeling of euphoria overwhelmed her. Giddiness started to pent up inside her, and Hana instantly relaxed her muscle. She felt calm, serene. Hana took in a deep breath and smiled at Miyoung confidently, to which the later returned.

 

"You trust me, don't you?"

 

Hana nodded. Of course she trusted her.

 

"Close your eyes and think of the thing you love the most, okay?"

 

The girl obeyed and closed both her eyes, and the first thing that popped into her mind was Sehun. Hana smiled again, this time wider than before. She could still picture every detail of him perfectly well. It was as if he never left, as if he was still here, beside her, with that calming presence of his...

 

Miyoung took a step forward and sank her fangs to Hana's neck. A few seconds later she pulled back, tasting the sweet honey on her tongue, rolling it back and forth to savor the taste completely. After that she bit her own wrist and watched as blood trickled down from her wound.

 

"Open your mouth," and when Hana did, Miyoung poured the blood directly into Hana's mouth and watched as she swallowed it. A few drops would be enough for her transformation. After Hana drank the blood, she stumbled backward, awakened in confusion. The first few seconds had no effect on her body.

 

But then she felt it. The burning flames. Eating her insides...

 

Miyoung grunted and muttered a quick apology, pushing Hana back into the pool of water, and called someone in. It was a maid with ability to control water. Though very weak, she still managed to form a barrier on the surface of the pool, strong enough so that Hana wouldn't be able to escape the water.

 

Hana struggled hard inside the water. On the inside, it was hot. Fire everywhere, spreading like snakes. On the outside, the water choked on her senses, blurring her eyes and suffocating her breath. She tried to surface, but something metal-like was preventing her from doing so. Frantically, Hana tried to break it, but to no avail. She was trapped.

 

Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God... She was gonna die... Bubbles burst out from Hana's mouth. One minute, two minute, and the seconds counted on.

 

Miyoung folded her hand and watched as Hana finally became very still. From here onwards, it would be internal struggle. There would be changes as to how her body worked, and the vampire's poison would surely hurt Hana very badly. Miyoung shivered just by the thought of it. Then there was also excitement. She couldn't wait to see her best friend's transformation later on.

 

Miyoung smirked and left the room.

 

***

 

Silence.

 

It was deafening.

 

It was calming.

 

It was peace.

 

The pain was long gone.

 

Now she was numb.

 

Cold and hot. Fire and water. In and out. But then she realized she was no longer breathing. Jung Hana couldn't move. Frozen, floating in the pool.

 

There was strangely a very calm and peaceful feeling. She was feeling fine. Awake. Fresh. Unlike before, she felt no fear, no doubt, no sense of rushing whatsoever.

 

How long had Hana stayed in the same position? She felt like months, or maybe years had gone by. The cold water enveloped her body in a tight hug, and the fire started to subside little by little. The movement she felt in her abdomen was gone. It was still. The air was still. The water was calm.

 

Feeling a tightness in , Hana struggled, in a movement she felt was too fast and frantic. Then she stopped struggling, but when the tightness clenched again, Hana couldn't ignore it for the second time. She was thirsty. She opened and water came inside, but then she still felt no satisfaction from it.

 

It was time to move. Time to wake up.

 

Her Mark had grown fully on her back, inked permanently, showing what she was supposed to be. To show what she could be. It no longer itched and burnt, and stayed like any tattoos would have been. It was a symbol of power and pride.

 

Hana smiled. She knew it. She could feel it.

 

Twitching her fingers a little, Hana realized that her whole body had been aching to move. She needed to relieve the tensed muscles. Another prideful smile.

 

The water splashed. She stood up, tall and beautiful. Refreshed and new. She was awakened to the whole new world. Hana finally opened her eyes, slowly and carefully. Adjusting the light from the room, Hana blinked. Once. And twice. She never noticed how bright the light was. She closed her eyes again, and then forcefully opened it. The light no longer hurt.

 

Hana took in a deep breath, and smelt her surrounding. Honey. Berries. Wetness. Sweet perfume. Not overwhelming, just natural. The room suddenly seemed different. The air felt different. Everything was different.

 

Then she could sense it. Out of all the presences here, she could hear someone's heartbeat, resonating to hers in harmony. Her heart started to thump a little bit louder, a tad bit wilder. Clutching onto where her heart was, Hana told herself to calm down. But it wouldn't. Who was this that disturbed her peacefulness? She willed herself to know.

 

A gasp.

 

Then screams.

 

Hana flinched.

 

What was all this commotion and ruckus around her? She didn't like to hear all this noises. Then footsteps, running forward... to her. They were in a rush. Hana flinched again. There were more than one person. Possibly a group, maybe around three to five? Hana shook her head in confusion. How could she suddenly hear all of this sound?

 

"Oh, goodness!" The first one to came exclaimed, clasping her hand to in shock. Hana gazed at her slowly. She looked so surprised and struck. Why would she? The second, third and fourth came together, a tad bit later, gasping and panting. "The lady is awake! Prepare clothes and call Lady Miyoung! Hurry!"

 

Faces. Faces she couldn't recognize. But she knew Miyoung. Miyoung, her best friend, that dumbtard that pulled her to all of this.

 

The group scurried, all scrambled to different directions as Hana watched them in boredom.

 

"You're awake! It isn't supposed to be this fast!"

 

Hana could recognize that voice even from afar. That high-pitched voice she always complained about. Hwang Miyoung. Hana narrowed her eyes and turned back, too fast to be caught by the eyes.

 

And there she was. Miyoung, with towel in her hand, and a shock expression on her face. What was wrong with everyone today? Why did they look so surprised when Hana looked at them? Was there something on her face? Self consciously, Hana touched her cheeks.

 

"Oh... Oh God, I don't know what to say..." Miyoung looked at Hana with such fondness. Pride swelled in her heart. She couldn't help it. "Urm... Welcome back, Hana..."

 

Hana smirked.

 

Freedom.

 

She could feel it.

 

She could smell it.

 

She could hear it.

 

She was freed of fear and age. She was now an Immortal. A vampire. Ageless. Strong. Wild. Untamed. A temptress.

 

"I'm back to kick your , Hwang Miyoung."