chapter 31

The Fallen #1

 "Miyoungie?" Hana couldn't believe her own eyes. She rubbed her eyes just to make sure that this wasn't a dream. But here she was, Miyoung, her best friend, looking absolutely gorgeous as usual. But how good she looked today was out of the point. What Hana should worry about was why she was here.

 

"Miyoung, is that you?"

 

Miyoung let out a light chuckle and went over to hug her. She had missed her best friend an awful lot. Hana went missing right after they went to find the fortune teller in the market. Miyoung freaked out, of course. But she couldn't tell anyone what really happened. So when she heard old Mr. Jung reported a missing person file to the police, Miyoung fled away from the human world. She knew she couldn't stay there any longer.

 

"Oh God, you don't know how much I miss you!" Hana sniffled. She buried her face into Miyoung's arms. She missed her best friend's iness and dramatic response. Then she pulled away, "But... Why are you here?" Confusion written all over her face. "Don't tell me... Jaejoong kidnapped you?!"

 

"On the contrary, hon, I came voluntarily," Miyoung replied softly. At first Hana looked shocked. She couldn't register what happened. Then with the same face she showed Kai, she yelled, "Oh my God, you're a vampire?!"

 

"Well, I'm half vampire," Miyoung sheepishly smiled. Hana wanted to hit her so badly. Why didn't she know anything? How could Miyoung hide it so well from her? And... They walked under the sun countless times before. Wouldn't she burn to ashes if she were, indeed, a vampire? "I'm also half human, which explains my immunity to the sun."

 

"That's not my point!!" Hana exclaimed. Was she in the right place to be mad? Hell yes, she didn't care. Her best friend never told her anything about this for three freaking years. "You never told me anything. I... God, I can't believe this. Tell me this is a dream."

 

"It's not," Miyoung watched in amusement. Hana fussed over how she was a vampire. She started to ramble about some nonsensical stuff Miyoung didn't know about. "Hana-ah... Jung Hana, calm down, will'y?" That shut her up certainly. " Tell me what would you do if I had told you I was a vampire."

 

Hana breathed in and out. "I... I won't trust you. I'll call you crazy."

 

"Exactly!" Miyoung retorted, "See, had I told you I was a vampire, you wouldn't even befriend me. And me, being a vampire had nothing to do with being friends with you. I won't harm my friend, you know that damn well."

 

Hana thought again. Miyoung was right. She might have been a little over reacting from time to time, but she took good care of Hana. She would never hurt her. That was how much of a motherly figure she was to Hana. She shook at how easily she was swayed. "B...but... I..." I don't know what to say...

 

"It's confusing, isn't it?" Miyoung sighed, "Hey, Hana, I'm sorry for not telling you about this. I know I should have, but it's hard to explain this matter to mere human. They won't believe what we say. Besides, if the Fallen know that we break the rule by telling human about our existence, well, we both die."

 

Hana kept quiet. She didn't know how to react. Miyoung was right... In a way. But she was just pissed off at the moment. She felt like a toy in the middle of this chaotic world she didn't know of. Her head was about to explode from thinking too much. First Sehun, then Kai, then Jaejoong, and Miyoung. Why was everyone around me inhuman?

 

"I cherish you as my friend, okay? You might not know it and feel it, but I really do. I cherish you more than my parents and my unknown siblings because... well, it's not like they ever really care about me to begin with. I don't want to lose you. And because of that... Uhm," Miyoung looked down in embarrassment. Hana stared at her, sensing that this was some sort of guilty confession.

 

"Just spit it out, Hwang Miyoung. It's not like I haven't had the shock of my life," Talk about being thrown into a world where I'm the weak and the prey...

 

"To make this short and simple and easy..." Miyoung took a deep breath, eyes widening into two big circles. She caught Hana's hands and rubbed it together in plea, her voice shook badly, "I'mtheonewhomarkedyousoyohcanbetogetherwithme."

 

"That is hella long, Miyoung. How am I supposed to understand whatever you're trying to say?" Hana sarcastically remarked. Miyoung sighed again, contemplating whether or not this was the right time to tell Hana. But she'd better do so if she didn't want Jaejoong's punishment later on. She shivered as she had no other choice but to confess.

 

"Okay, my dearest Hana... I'm the one responsible for Marking you..." Miyoung stopped breathing altogether. She was nervous as hell. "I'm the one that bite you and Marked you to be a vampire... I'm that vampire."

 

Hana blinked. Did Miyoung just say that? Not only did she surprise Hana with telling her she was a vampire, now she had to tell her she was the one who Marked her? Hana blinked twice. How was she supposed to react? Was she supposed to be happy or sappy? Mad or sad? She blinked for the third time.

 

Smack.

 

The first thing that came to Hana's mind was to hit Miyoung as hard as possible. And she did. With a loud smack on Miyoung's arms. She wasn't sure if it was enough to calm down her unsettled anger. She immediately regret a little bit of it, though, when Miyoung looked at her as if she was crazy.

 

"You... What the hell are you doing?"

 

"Hwang-freaking-Miyoung, after hiding things from me and bringing me down to this ty world of yours, what the hell do you expect from me? A warm hug?" Hana scoffed angrily, "Yeah, right, after you eat my punch, that is. you, Miyoung, because of you, my life has been hell for the past four weeks! Because of you, Jaejoong kidnapped me here and guess what. He proclaimed me the Queen of the vampire clan?! How am I supposed to cope with that? If it weren't for you... If..."

 

Hana stopped speaking. Her whole face turned red. She was breathing fire.

 

For the first time in their friendship, Miyoung saw Hana got angry. Her best friend was never like this before. She was always calm. Even when she wasn't supposed to be calm, Jung Hana was always very calm. She was never angry to people who bullied her. She was never angry when Miyoung countless of times. Man, this was the first time Hana blew up.

 

"Wait... Rewind please. Jaejoong did what?!" Out of nowhere, Miyoung blurted.

 

Hana forgot her anger momentarily and stuttered. She was confused as well, "Jaejoong calls me his mate, for Pete's sake." Miyoung's eyes almost popped out from their socket. And she looked scary. And terrified. And ready to kill.

 

"B...but why? You're supposed to have the Mark to be his mate."

 

Hana threw her a look, but she turned back and rolled up her shirt. There Miyoung saw it, a huge Mark that resembled a dragon, but was actually a bat. "Oh my God... You're in deep Hana."

 

Hana rolled her eyes, "Tell me about it. Who was the one that gave me this stupid Mark?"

 

"You're in deep deep deep . And no, I didn't give you the Mark. I Marked you. Bot no Marked beings are supposed to bear such inked tattoos. Normally they won't even have any kind of Mark. This Mark isn't given, Hana," Miyoung explained, though she hated to admit she trembled at the mere sight of it, "You're born with the Mark. I didn't give you... But I do...help in activating the vampiric gene in your body."

 

Hana wanted to curse, "You still play a huge part in it, ."

 

"I know, I am selfish and foolish," Miyoung sadly replied. Hana eyed her. "Forgive me.... I mean... you don't have to forgive me now... But..."

 

"Shut up. You sound stupid," Hana harshly cut her off, "And wipe those tears away, they don't suit you. What's happened has happened. Now I am here. Unless you can magically bring me back in time. I forgive you, but don't expect me to forget this. I'mma make sure to kick your , Hwang Miyoung."

 

Miyoung stifled a sob and looked up. Those glistening tears in her eyes looked almost similar to pearls, just in smaller size. She broke down when she saw Hana and tightly pulled her into a sisterly hug. Hana sighed. Still the old Miyoung she knew...

 

"I'm sorry. You can kick my for all I care."

 

Oh yes, she definitely will.

 

"Now, we're left with one thing..."

 

Hana pulled away, "What is that?"

 

"Your transformation, of course..." Miyoung said it like it was no tough matter. Hana's eyes widened in fear, though. Never had she thought the day would come so soon. It scared her all of a sudden. "Will... Will it hurt?"

 

"It will hurt less if there's water, of course. But the good thing is... You'll feel awakened, as if you just woke up from a long slumber, and realize that the world suddenly looks better. And then, you'll notice how your senses will be enhanced, your emotions heightened. You shouldn't worry so much about this, Hana. I'm here to help, after all."

 

"When... When will we do it?" Hana's voice grew fainter and fainter as she spoke. She felt weak. Miyoung looked at the door and waited for it to burst open. It did, a few seconds after, revealing a very angry Jaejoong, his eyes piercing into Miyoung's. "We'll have to ask Lord Jaejoong for that..."