chapter 47

The Fallen #1

"Everything good and ready?"

 

Kai helped Hana checked her weapons. The girl had four daggers, each placed on her thigh securely, a sword behind her back, and two more daggers on her wrists. Hana had vaguely tried to learn the art of sword. And while she didn't exactly succeed, she wasn't a complete failure either.

 

Sehun approached them with the bow and new stacks of arrows in his hand.

 

"It was left behind when you were kidnapped. I figured out you'd like it back?" Sehun gave her with a weary look, "Did he teach you how to shoot properly yet?"

 

Kai let out a throaty laughter and eyed Sehun evilly. There was only so much space that separated Kai and Hana, and when he stepped in closer, there was practically none. It was skin to skin, cold to cold, hard to hard surface, clashing. "You think I know she shoots arrows instead?" He pulled her in, "I teach her a lot of things in these few weeks. Shooting arrows, excluded."

 

"I'd like it back, thank you. Sungjae will kill me if he knows I lost it before," Hana patted Kai's arms gently to calm him down. "It's okay, I'll manage to figure it out somehow. I'd practice if I have time." Hana nodded gleefully to Sehun, "You have to give credits to Kai, though. He taught me swords play and how to throw daggers."

 

"And of course," Kai's eyes were gleaming with mischievousness, "Don't forget about the other things I taught you as well."

 

"What other things?" Sehun tried to sound indifferent, but he couldn't hide the jealousy in it. He watched as Kai walked away, leaving only Hana and him. "What other things did he teach you beside the basic fighting lessons?"

 

"Well, what other things are you thinking about right now?" Hana grinned teasingly, and chuckled at how cute he was. Sehun remained stoic, with both his eyebrows furrowed. He pressed his lips into a thin line, just so she wouldn't know how frustrated it was.

 

"Nothing," he sarcastically snapped at her and shook his head. Hana grabbed his arms and soothingly ran it down his hand, and squeezed it silently, just to assure him that everything wasn't what he thought it was. "If I didn't know any better, I woulda thought that you were jealous. But of course, you aren't, are you?"

 

"What makes you think you know me so well?" Sehun's eyes darkened as he leaned in, trapping her against the concrete walls. Hana let out a squeak, too surprised to let out any words from . She was entrapped, but it wasn't like she hated it as well. "Why can't I be jealous, hm?"

 

Hana's eyes widened in alarm. Hormones, she reminded herself when Sehun had seduced her successfully with his low husky voice. Hormones, like Kai said, was a syndrome after her transition into a vampire. She cursed the women hormones that made Sehun look so... desirable and hot, not like he wasn't before.

 

She bet no one could resist Sehun right now. His body gesture, his eyes, his hands, his voice... Hana shut tightly. She couldn't say those things. She wouldn't allow herself to think about him. Why was he making it harder for her than it already was? Hana wanted to scream out in frustration, and just snapped into his face, why.must.he.be.so.damn.hot?

 

"You can't be," Hana spoke after being frozen for a few minutes. She wasn't sure how red her face must have been. "You can't be jealous, Sehun. Remember what you said before? You're a Fallen. You don't care and you don't feel. Besides..." Hana gulped. It wasn't like he loved her or anything. Why would he be jealous?

 

Sehun sighed, long and deep and finally pulled away, his face full of disappointment. "Guess they didn't tell you about me, did they?"

 

Hana observed him for a good millisecond, and decided right then and there, that she should at least try to 'make a move' on him. She might not be sure of her feeling, but she wanted to make sure. She wanted to know if what she felt for him was really love.

 

"They did tell me a little," she whispered shyly, her cheeks turned even redder if that was possible. Sehun raised one of his eyebrows, and Hana blushed even harder. "A... Anyway," she faked a cough and stuttered along the way, "This is not the right time to talk. Let's drop this till later." And her eyes wandered anywhere but him.

 

"I'll be waiting, then," Sehun almost chuckled at how cute she was. He lifted his hand to ruffle her hair, but held back when Jaejoong and Kris, and the other leaders from the werewolf and the faerie clan approached them. His eyes turned cold and lifeless as usual, and he shifted to the back, almost unseeable.

 

"It's time. The sun's setting in the Shadow world," Kris nodded at Hana, noticing her first out of the group. The girl was a little surprised that the Fallen actually acknowledged her, but she quickly nodded back. "It will be the perfect time for the Forsakens to come out and hunt."

 

"I assume this lady knows how to fight, then?" Junhong looked at Hana, judging her from head to toe. She was slightly irritated, but she couldn't help the stares from others, either. "At least I won't be completely helpless in the battle, Lord Junhong."

 

Kyungsoo, the Winter Prince, whose first impression wasn't good at all, nodded at her, but not in a good way. He was arrogant, and annoyingly quiet, much like Sehun when they first met. The only difference was that Sehun didn't bother her by talking too much, while Kyungsoo's words were just...putting her off.

 

"That sounds helpful enough, Lady Jung. Good thing we'd have one less person to worry about."

 

"Now, now, where's your manner, Prince Kyungsoo? You don't need to scare her that much. There might, or might not be fights later on," Suho waved at Kyungsoo, who glared at him coldly. Obviously he didn't appreciate what Suho just said.

 

"I don't need anyone to teach me manner. Especially not from a pathetic Summer Prince."

 

Suho's eyes hardened, and a cruel glint flashed for a second in his warm eyes. It was gone as quickly as it appeared. Behind the sweet, nice facade lied a strong, hard headed man. He wouldn't let anyone hurt his pride as well.

 

"So there will be fights?" Hana asked, trying to ease the tension.

 

"Possibly, if we land in the wrong territory," Jaejoong replied to her. She hadn't realized that he was beside her all along, watching her contently. "It all depends on our luck right now. Though I have a feeling the Forsakens are already scattered around the land, waiting to pounce in on us."

 

"Then who will go first?" Hana tilted her head, silently observing each and everyone in this little circle. The three clans had gathered under the open night sky, waiting for the leaders' decision. All ready to fight.

 

"I will go first," Junhong lazily raised his hand and glanced at Kris. "I will have the advantage on strength. The leech can go second. He is fast and he can move freely. His cousin, that Kim Jongin can go afterwards, with his useful teleportation ability. Then, two of the Faery Prince at the same time. And then you." He pointed to Hana. "I assume you haven't known your ability yet?"

 

Hana shook her head. How would she know in such short period of time?

 

"Good, then that Fallen can go with you," Junhong looked over to Sehun.

 

Jaejoong hissed at him, almost possessively shielding Hana away from Sehun.

 

"Fine, bloodsucker, maybe the other Fallen can accompany her," Junhong threw his hands up in defense. Jaejoong eased up a bit, though he didn't stop glaring.

 

"I will go with her," Yongguk volunteered, sending a cheeky grin to Hana. "It's obvious that Luhan doesn't want to be involved with her in anyway after the last confrontation with the ghouls. And besides... I want to see how well she can fight against the Forsakens."

 

Kyungsoo laughed, "For once, I actually agree with you. Yeah, let the girl fight and have a taste of our world. But be very careful, you'll make the entire vampire clan your enemy if anything happens to her."

 

"Wise words, Prince Kyungsoo," Jaejoong grinned at him.

 

"I will note that very well in my head," Yongguk replied, looking like he couldn't careless. "But you know how I forget the people around me when my sword tastes blood." He looked at his sword lovingly, and Hana shivered at the words. "I don't know, everyone just looks like enemy to me at that moment."

 

"We can always change," Jaejoong insisted, but Kris waved him back, "We have no time, Jaejoong. Just leave it be. Yongguk wouldn't be that careless as to hurt your precious mate. And I think she will handle just fine."

 

Hana nodded in determination. Finally someone understood her.

 

"Fine," Jaejoong grumbled in dissatisfaction and watched as the Portal in Kris' hands became bigger and bigger. Hana didn't fail to catch the warning look he shot Yongguk before he advanced to the front with Junhong.

 

The two didn't look comfortable next to each other, but they bear it well. The insults weren't heard at all, because both of them knew this was a serious time. "We'll go according to the order I said earlier then?"

 

With nods if approval from everyone, Junhong was the first to jump in. His dark jeans was the last to be seen as he was consumed by the electric blue wind. Jaejoong glanced at Hana one last time, before tightening his sword and went in without a doubt. Kai, and the Faery Princes were next. All three looked nervous and maybe a little doubtful, but they went in nevertheless, ready for anything.

 

"It's our turn," Yongguk casually remarked, and pushed her to the front.

 

Hana could feel the strong wind blowing in her face, ready to be in. She suddenly paled down at the last moment, afraid of what might come and greet them in the other world.

 

"Don't back away in the last moment, or you'll be called a coward forever," Yongguk whispered to her quietly. She glared at him and shook her head. She wouldn't back down, or rather, she couldn't. So many people put their trusts in her and she couldn't let them down. She had a responsibility to fulfill.

 

"Lastly, Princess," Yongguk mockingly whispered, grabbing her hand and ready to jump in, "You're on your own from here onwards."

 

Hana's eyes widened.

 

She screamed so hard when Yongguk pulled her into the Portal.

 

The last thing on her mind was to never trust a Fallen ever again.

 

Ever again.