6: caught you

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 6

 

Jonghyun woke up upon the ringing sound from his alarm clock. He sat up on the mattress lazily and yawned cutely. He rubbed his eyes slowly and looked around the room.

Where is Minho? He was not beside him when he was awake.

Usually, Jonghyun was the one who wake up earlier than Minho. Frequently, Jonghyun was the one who woke Minho up. But this time Minho was not on his mattress. He stood up quickly and walked out of their shared bedroom. He went to the toilet to see if Minho was there but still, there was no sign of him.

Where did Minho go?

He rushed out of their bedroom and ran to the dining room. He only saw his parents there. Again, Minho was not there.

“Good morning appa and umma!” Jonghyun greeted as cheerfully as he could when he approached his parents in the dining area. He did not want to show his disappointment of not seeing Minho early in the morning. 

“Good morning, son,” Jonghyun’s appa ruffled his hair.

“Good morning, Jonghyunnie!” Minho’s umma greeted back and served Jonghyun his breakfast.

“Umma, where is Minho?” Jonghyun probed softly as he bounced onto a dining chair.

“Ah Minho? He just went out after his breakfast.”

“Why did he go out so early? We have to go to school later…” Jonghyun almost winced.

“Minho has headed to school. He said he has some important project to do with his friends. He told me to send you to school later. Eat up and we are leaving in fifteen minutes’ time.”

Jonghyun nodded slowly after taking a bite of his bread. At least Minho told his mom to drive him to school, if not Jonghyun would definitely lose his way outside. Still, Minho broke his promise, he thought. You promised not to leave me alone, did you remember?

 

****************************

 

Upon reaching the school, Jonghyun stayed at the cafeteria since he was half an hour earlier for his class to start. He still remembered the incident last week where Onew tried to…well he dared not think about it. Anyway, it was just a stupid prank. He got bullied for many years, and he was used to it. Even he got bullied later on, he just took it in his stride.

“Jonghyun puppy!” someone called out.

Jonghyun froze. He did not dare to move an inch because…the voice sounded so much like Onew’s. He heard footsteps getting louder and louder and he already could sense Onew was coming towards his direction. Jonghyun stood up and attempted to walk away but two strong hands forced him to sit down.

“O-Onew…?” Jonghyun whispered, barely audible to the other man’s ears. He was shivering with fear.

 “Don’t be scared, puppy. I am not going to do anything. Just sit down,” Onew said softly as he sat next to Jonghyun.

“I..I’m not a puppy…” Jonghyun reminded. “I am a human.”

“You look like a puppy,” Onew smiled and pinched Jonghyun’s cheeks. Jonghyun pouted in response.

“Aigoo…you are so adorable, no wonder I fell head over heels for you.”

Jonghyun was speechless. What happened to Onew? Why was Onew talking to him nicely all this while? And what is head over heels?

“I know you think I am a bad guy but I want to repent my mistakes. I am sorry for that day, will you forgive me?” Onew sounded so sincere.

Jonghyun hesitated for a second and nodded. He was the type of guy who forgives and forgets easily and trust people a lot, regardless of bad or good guys. He believes that bad guys deserve a chance to amend their mistakes.

“That’s good, puppy! Let’s be friends?”

Jonghyun broke into an eye-smile and exclaimed, “Yes! Don't bully me anymore!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter