35: new relationship

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

35.

 

It was the last day of Onew’s entrance exams. Jonghyun was nervous and feeling jittery inside, which meant that the big day had arrived. Standing in front of the closed café, he did not dare to step inside. Not only he was going to breakup with Onew, he was going to resign his position in this café. He felt sad and reluctant to leave his wonderful and favourite job in the world but he couldn’t help it. He needed a clean break with Onew.

Back home in the morning, Minho assured that everything would be fine and offered to accompany Jonghyun to the café to talk things out. The blonde thought it would be a bad idea to have Minho’s presence around as he could agitate Onew. He wouldn’t want things to fall out with the older boy.

Jonghyun reassured, “I’m fine, you can fetch me at 2pm. I think Onew’s exams would be done by noon and he would come to café by 1pm. That left us 1 hour to talk.”

Minho smiled as he caressed Jonghyun’s cheeks softly, “I trust you alright, you will do a good job.”

Jonghyun went to hug the man in front of him tightly; the taller man placed his chin on the roof of Jonghyun’s head, loving their height difference. “Thank you Minho.”

“What are future boyfriends for?” and they both started laughing.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jonghyun stared at the clock in the café. It was already 1pm and Onew was not at sight.

“You have been staring at the clock for awhile? Do you have something on later?” Taemin asked casually while wiping the freshly washed coffee cups.

Jonghyun was surprised by Taemin’s sudden question and spilled the freshly made latte he just made all over the countertop. “!”

“Wow Jonghyun, you really have something on later? Oh heard Chief is coming here after his exams. Are you two going for a date?” Taemin eyed at the shorter boy intently.

Jonghyun took a washcloth and was busy wiping the spill on table. “No…”

“No? You want to breakup with Onew hyung right?”

Jonghyun froze in his spot. Taemin smirked as he walked to the spot beside the platinum blond boy and gave him a hard pat on his shoulder. “So I’m right?”

Jonghyun felt a lump in his throat, as much as he wanted to speak, he couldn’t let any words out. He could only stare at Taemin with his big and wide eyes. How did Taemin read my mind and intention?

“I know you have reconciled with Choi Minho. Aren’t you a badass for having another boyfriend besides your current Onew hyung?” Taemin smiled lightly but was full of sarcasm.

“I-I’m not bad…” Jonghyun was so scared and was close to tears at Taemin’s horrible tone. “T-There is no love between O-Onew and I…”

“And this gives you a chance to cheat?” Taemin snarled as he inched closer to the shorter man. “Who are you to play with my cousin’s feelings like this? Because of you he made an ugly tattoo on his back, you idiot!”

Jonghyun was frightened by the strong tone that he broke into tears. He knew he was a bad guy for playing with Onew’s feelings like that but this was a big mistake he made when he was heartbroken many months ago. It was too late to say anything. He admitted, he had used Onew and because of his love he could come this far with a good job and pretty appearance.

“Stop it Taemin.”

Jonghyun and Taemin stared at the voice of the owner. Onew.

“Chief, you are back.” Taemin mumbled and went back to clean his cups.

“Puppy-ah, I’ve done my exams. I think I can go to any top 3 universities in Seoul!” Onew chirped, he looked like he was having a good mood.

“T-That’s good.” Jonghyun stuttered, wiping his tears away.

“Yeah, let’s go out and celebrate?” Onew looks at Jonghyun with an anticipating expression.

Jonghyun took a deep breath and mustered up his courage to say, “N-No… I have som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter