34: the reconciliation

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

34.

 

Jonghyun woke up the next morning and realized that he was on the same bed as Minho. He tried to recall the change of events last night and he could only remember he was crying and crying like he used to do. He did realize that his broken relationship with Minho was partially his fault. If he did not get close to Onew… He blamed his old ignorant and naïve self so much. Could this relationship be back to normal? He was hurt by Minho before and he felt that the scars were still there, reminding him to hate Minho…

He felt that his legs were already tangled with Minho’s ones; a blush crept onto his pale face. He shifted himself carefully so that he could get out of bed without waking Minho up. Too bad that the younger man sensed some movements from the blonde and he was wide awake.

“Morning hyung~” Minho rubbed his eyes sheepishly. He smiled as he saw Jonghyun looking at him with an unreadable or more like a confused expression. He couldn’t help but to hug the boy in front of him.

“What are you doing?” Jonghyun tried to resist although he wasn’t intending to do so. Eventually he gave up and stayed in Minho’s embrace, enjoying the warm being emitted by the taller man.

“Hyung, can you be my boyfriend?” Minho whispered gently as he dived his face into Jonghyun’s soft and silky blonde hair.

Jonghyun sighed as he pushed Minho lightly. “I’m Onew’s…”

“You don’t love him, are you going to breakup with him?” Minho whispered back.

“…”

“Hyung, do you love me?”

Jonghyun sighed again. “I can’t think…”

Minho stared at Jonghyun sadly and he released the smaller man so he could get out of the bed swiftly. “It’s okay, I wish you all the best with Onew.” Gosh, this is so embarrassing! He felt so humiliated by the rejection from his hyung out of the sudden. Yeah, this relationship was long over when he decided to breakup and clearly Jonghyun had moved on. Great job, Minho. You do look like a helpless fool. He face-palmed as he walked towards the door.

“Wait!” Jonghyun shouted from behind.

Minho halted at his spot, not turning to face Jonghyun. “What?” Minho wanted to get out of this damn room and probably get into the bathroom to vent and cry.

Jonghyun leapt out of the bed without hesitation and went to back hug the taller man tightly. Minho widened his eyes as he felt the sudden contact and warmth from the older man. He could feel the Jonghyun’s cheek pressing right on his back. They stayed like this for a minute or so.

“Hyung?” Minho finally got out of his shock and blurted out.

“Minho… please don’t go. I still have feelings for you, but I can’t breakup with Onew. He will go mad.”

The taller man frowned slightly and turned to look at the smaller man. Jonghyun was looking down at his own toes, not daring to look at Minho. He wondered if Minho understood his plight. Onew was like a savior to him; he helped him when he experienced a terrible break up, he helped him to be a better J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter