29: the quarrels

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29.

 

“Please get a room.” Taemin rolled his eyes dramatically. “Please stop.”

“We can’t,” Onew smirked widely, “We are lovers and it’s normal to show Public Display Affection.” He held onto Jonghyun’s waist tighter.

“Well, you guys better get going. The café is opening soon, don’t you guys have to work?” Taemin sounded annoyed.

“I have college entrance exams soon, I have to go to school for extra lessons. See you at home later?” Onew said and before he left, he kissed Jonghyun’s cheek.

“Bye!” Jonghyun beamed as he saw his boyfriend walking out of the gym. He didn’t notice that Taemin was staring at him.

“You know what? You better treat Onew hyung well. Don’t regard him as your Minho’s replacement because it is unfair for Onew.”

Jonghyun’s face fell instantly. “What?”

“Do you really love Onew?” Taemin asked incredulously, raising his left brow.

“I…” Jonghyun hesitated. Do I? I…

“It’s okay. I know your answer.” Taemin huffed and walked out of the gym.

I don’t know anymore… Do I love Onew? Or am I interested because he’s so into me?

 

*******

Jonghyun reported to café that was opened by Taemin’s Umma 2 hours later. He didn’t expect to learn to be a barista at all. Just 3 months ago, he decided to quit his high school and move out to live with Onew. He remembered that his appa almost wanted to disown him for not continuing his studies and living with another high school kid. Not that he cares, as nothing matters anymore then. At that time he wanted a new change, a new start.

He did not regret his decision.

He felt the thrill of being rebellious. He was really thankful for Minho, because he had changed him.

After taking many weeks of barista course, Jonghyun felt like this was one of the things he could do well. Studies were never his forte but he was glad that he could at least make coffee. Taemin always compliment his good coffee making skills, which made Jonghyun feel good. The days with Minho made him felt inferior, as Minho was almost perfect. Seemed like without him, he never feel any inferiority.

More often than not, he could feel glances from both males and females patrons in the café every day. Some patrons would compliment on his looks, some patrons would leave their numbers behind. He heard all these for the first time and felt surprised because he never felt that he is good looking. Compared to Minho, he is not that handsome and tall. Gradually, more and more compliments had boosted Jonghyun’s confidence. He would do things to make females or even males to go crazy. He would smile (or more like smirking) at them, stick his tongue out as he brewed the coffee and wink at his usual customers. Onew didn’t like it though. He felt that Jonghyun would be snatched away anytime. He would make a time to remind Jonghyun not to flirt with the customers, not to accept numbers or gifts from anyone. Jonghyun did not heed him of course, as he wanted to be rebellious. And this was always the reason why they fight or quarrel.

 

*******

 

Few days later…

“Puppy, do you have to wear such a low V top?” Onew stopped Jonghyun from getting out of their shared bedroom. “Change into another one!”

“No!” Jonghyun exclaimed. “I want to wear this today!” He tried to push Onew, who was blocking the exit.

“Are you there to seduce people or make coffee?” Onew shouted as Jonghyun’s attitude blew his top. Where had the old, innocent Puppy gone? The current Puppy likes to flaunt his bod

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter