20: the performance

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

20.

 

The aroma of kimchi pancakes filled the entire music room. Onew lay out his old picnic mat on the parquet carefully, flattening the creases at the same time.  He sat on the mat, grinning to himself as he took a container out from the recycling bag and placed it in front of him.

“Kimchi pancakes, are you ready to win the heart of my Puppy? You better be, or I will not eat you up.” Onew chuckled to himself which made him looked like some insane man from the eyes of bystanders.

As soon as his sentence came to an end, the door was opened. Jonghyun came walking into the music room, looking at Onew with a skeptical look. Are they going to have a picnic?

“Come Puppy, I made some kimchi pancakes. Let’s eat.”

Jonghyun ran to the picnic mat and sat down gingerly, “Omo! My favourite!” He took the chopsticks from the older boy and started to dig in like a hungry pup.

“How is it?”

“Yummy!” Jonghyun shouted after he chewed and savoured his food. “I like it!”

Onew smiled, feeling so proud of himself. At least his puppy likes to eat his food. He ruffled Jonghyun’s soft hair and cooed, “Eat more if you like it.”

“Yeah! Your umma makes good food!”

“Nah,” Onew laughed dryly, “I made them myself.”

Jonghyun widened his big puppy eyes as he stared at Onew with an unbelievable look. Onew took the opportunity to peck on his lips, ignoring the oil from the food that was on his lips.

“W-What?”

“Yeah, don’t be shocked. I made them. I know how to cook and bake cakes.”

“Really!” Jonghyun almost squealed. Gosh, cakes? He almost salivated after hearing ‘cakes’. It was so cool to be able to know how to cook. An idea crept within his mind. How about making a chocolate cake for Minho?

Onew nodded with pride. I guess Puppy wanna worship me?

“Can you teach me how to bake a cake?”

“Yeah, in your house, after our recital this Wednesday.”

 

 

The day of the teacher’s day performance came. Every student was able to give their teachers carnations to express their gratitude and love for teachers in this teachers’ day. After a mini ceremony of giving flowers and having a meal with a class, all students and teachers headed to the hall to watch special performances.

Onew and Jonghyun were lined up as the third group to perform after a ballot with other teams. Jonghyun was feeling jittery in the inside but Onew was pretty relaxed. To Onew, this performance was a piece of cake. He knew he was born a star. To Jonghyun, it was a chance to show off his passion for singing to the public. It was his first time and it was inevitable to be nervous.

“Puppy, don’t be scared, just do whatever we normally do,” Onew smiled as he straightened his white suit that made him felt like white prince charming. Jonghyun in the other hand was not even bother of what he was wearing. A same piece of white suit but it seemed nothing special on him. Minho wore suits before, no matter it was white or black, he wore it dashingly… He knew he couldn’t be like Minho.

“Ok…” Jonghyun whispered as he stared at the mirror. Don’t be nervous, Kim Jonghyun! You can do it!

“Sit down and relax,” Onew came by and pushed him down on a chair. “The makeup artist will come and make your face prettier.”

Makeup. MAKEUP?

Jonghyun was astonished to hear that. He was having a phobia, phobia of putting makeup. He could not forget how miserable he had gotten himself to after a makeup and he almost got himself drown by Minho after that. That was a bad and unforgettable experience after all.

“I don’t want!” Jonghyun shouted.

“What?”

“I don’t want a makeup! Minho will hate me!”

Onew scoffed lightly, “Why would he? It’s not a crime.”

“He will drown me!” Jonghyun was really afraid in the inside and he did not want to anger his boyfriend.

Onew scoffed again, “Gah this Choi Minho, he drowned you before?”

“…”

“Gosh, I didn’t know he was such an evil guy. Fret not puppy, I will save you if he drown you.”

Jonghyun’s prot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter