25: Broken Hearts

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25.

 

The news of Minho transferring to an overseas school was kept low-profile in school. Most of them did not know that the famous smartass Choi Minho was leaving tomorrow. However, only the ace students from Minho’s class knew.

“Let’s give our well-wishes to Minho, wishing him all the best in his future endeavors!” Mrs Jung cheered as she ushered Minho to come in front of the class. The whole class applauded and Minho was bowing to the class out of courtesy. Kibum could see that Minho was unhappy. At the same time, he was worried about how Jonghyun’s reaction when he heard that his beloved Minho was leaving.

Minho walked back to his seat with a glum face which earned an elbow from Kibum.

“Yah, have you find a way to tell Jonghyun?”

“If I have a way, I will not look like this now.”

Kibum sighed. Silence was the best remedy for both of them.

 

******************************

 

Minho had no chance to break the news. Not at all. Just like a normal day, Minho and Jonghyun went home together after school for dinner. Jonghyun seemed to be tired and turned in right after dinner, not giving any chance for Minho to tell him anything. 

“Hyung, I’m leaving you, do you know that?” Minho could only stare at the sleeping boy who was oblivious to the situation. He finally told his boyfriend the news, but it was under such circumstances. He felt that he was just a coward, not brave enough to wake the sleeping boy up. All the while he was waiting for this day to talk to him about his departure but his courage had left him for good.

He shook his head. He wasn’t ready for tomorrow’s episode. He pulled out his luggage and started to pack. May tomorrow never comes…

 

******************************

 

“Minho-ah, come and have your breakfast!” Minho’s mom called out from the living room. It was already 8am in the morning and Minho’s flight was on 12noon. They had to prepare to get out at 9am take a long car ride to the airport.

Minho stared at Jonghyun’s sleeping face. He hoped that Jonghyun could just wake up to have their last breakfast together. He couldn’t bear to wake him up because he was feared of his pleading eyes. He pecked on his smooth forehead and left the room.

“Umma…”

“Come and have your dinner. Is everything packed?”

“Yeah…” Minho took a seat at the dining table. “Appa said he would go with me and help me settle down. I will be buying most of my necessities and clothes there.”

“Are you sure? Let me pack some more clothes for you. What if it’s really cold when you reach there? I-”

“Jaekyung, your son is really bright and sensible, you don’t have to worry.” Uncle Kim took Minho’s umma hand. “Where’s Jonghyun? Is he still sleeping? Wake him up for breakfast and we will set off in an hour’s time.”

Minho bit his bottom lip. Would Jonghyun, who was kept in the dark, accept his leave?

“I go and wake him up,” his umma offered and went off, leaving Minho and his uncle alone.

Jonghyun’s appa looked at Minho intently which made Minho a tad bit of uncomfortable. “Minho-ah, does Jonghyun knows that you are leaving?”

Minho shook his head. Uncle Kim sighed. “I can tell that he is dependent on you. You two have been close since young, closer than real blood brothers. Fret not, ignore him if he asks u to stay. Your future is more crucial. He will understand in future.”

“…”

Uncle Kim took a sip of his coffee and gave a small smile. Minho nodded in understand but…he wouldn’t want to face such situation. His heart would want to stay if Jonghyun tells him…

“Promise me, Minho. You have a bright future ahead and Jonghyun has his own path to go. You shouldn’t give up such a good opportunity; not everyone is as lucky as you.”

“I…”

“Promise me.”

Minho bit his lower lip. Why was Uncle Kim so persistent to make him leave? Nevertheless, he couldn’t defy an elder. He took a deep breath and muttered, “O-Okay.”

Uncle Kim gave a wide smile. “You’re really a sensible boy.” Minho could only smiled back bitterly.

“Appa!” Jonghyun skipped into the living room as he saw his father having his breakfast from afar. He came to the dining room with a huge smile on his face and realized Minho was also at the dining table. “Oh Minho, you are so early today! Do you want to go to the park with me later?”

Before Minho could reply, Uncle Kim spoke first, “Jonghyun, Minho is unable to go with you. Eat your breakfast and get ready.”

“Appa, today is Saturday!” Jonghyun frowned. He didn’t want to go to school on a weekend. Not at all.

“You will know later. I will be bringing our family for a big feast alright? I’ve been so busy with the noodle stall that I neglect you. We will have our fun later.” Uncle Kim smiled and glanced at the silent Minho.

“Yay!” Jonghyun cheered, not knowing that Minho’s face was glum than ever.

 

******************************

 

About one hour later, Minho hauled his luggage into Uncle Kim’s car. He had packed simply because he did not want to bring so much stuff and he could just buy in America. Also, probably Jonghyun could still think that he would be coming back…

“Minho, are you going to your Appa’s house today?” Jonghyun enquired as he pulled Minho’s arm. “Aren’t you going for our family outing?”

“…” Minho did not know how to reply. He had to say something about him leaving, if not Jonghyu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter