21: the end?

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21.

 

Since Minho had entrusted the task of ‘bringing Jonghyun back to his house’ to Kibum, the diva felt no choice but to do it for his best friend. Seeing Minho being so infuriated by Onew’s performance, he couldn’t agitate him further by saying ‘no’. He feared that Minho might lose control and would made his mind to go an overseas school. He strolled back to the hall and realized that performances were still going on. He had no mood to watch the performances, not that he really cared. He went to the backstage through a door and made his way to find Minho’s boyfriend.

The backstage area was small and it was not difficult to find Jonghyun due to limited waiting rooms, he thought. He went to every room to check out the familiar figure and he happened to see Jonghyun, who was sitting in front of a vanity table in the second room.

Kibum went to sit down beside Jonghyun, making the older man jumped. “What are you doing here?”

“Minho is busy. Let me bring you back first?” Kibum asked and he wondered why he bothered to ask since he has to bring him back no matter what. This was his responsibility, for now.

Jonghyun pouted and nodded anyway. He stared at his reflection on the mirror, kind of relieved that Minho would not see his makeup. He stood up and took his bag out of a locker and prepared to head out with Kibum.

“Puppy!” Onew came in to the waiting room before Jonghyun and Key could get out. He looked at Jonghyun with baffled looks. “Where are you going?”

“He is going home,” Kibum replied flatly before Jonghyun had a chance to. “Get out of our way.”

Onew glared at Kibum as if he was going to shoot daggers at him with his eyes. “I’m not talking to you.”

“Well, he is not talking to you either?” Kibum scoffed and he felt Jonghyun’s light grip on his arm. Kibum stared at the shorter man not so kindly before looking back at Onew. “Get lost.”

Onew shrugged, “Well I have something to discuss with Jonghyun, which is quite important. Can you wait outside instead?”

Kibum wanted to refuse Onew because heck, he was always up with no good. However, Jonghyun actually said ‘yes’. Kibum wanted to protest but Jonghyun pushed him out of the door and locked it.

“Puppy, let’s go your house to bake!”

Jonghyun nodded and grinned; the next second he pouted softly as if there was something troubling him.

“Don’t worry. Let Kibum send you home first. I will come to your house with ingredients so that we can bake cakes!” Onew knew what Jonghyun was thinking about since the shorter boy was pretty simple-minded. His thoughts would be easily guessed by anyone, especially him.

Jonghyun broke a grin again, “Okay! I want to make a chocolate cake!”

Onew ruffled Jonghyun’s soft hair with a smile. “See you at home then!"

Jonghyun unlocked the door and got out, only to see Key with folded arms and an annoyed look. “You do know that Onew is Minho’s enemy, don’t you? Why are you so close with Onew? He is quite scheming and you are no match for him. Please, stop nearing Onew.” Key spoke as calmly as possible, giving his valuable advice for this stupid hyung.

“Onew does not hate Minho…” Jonghyun mumbled softly but of course, the taller boy could hear it perfectly, making him rage. He stopped Jonghyun from walking to gape at him.

“Are you serious? Are you brainwashed by Lee Jinki?”

“No…”

Kibum sighed exasperatedly as he placed his palm on the shorter boy’s forehead. “Are you sick?”

“No…”

“Alright, please, listen to me. Don’t go so near with Onew, or you will regret forever.”

Jonghyun seemed not to understand what Key would possibly mean. Regret? What is regret?

 

 

Jonghyun changed out his uniform to something casual – a t-shirt and pair of sports shorts, sitting on a sofa, waiting for Onew. He knew Minho had something on so most likely he would be back a night, when the cake was already made.  He couldn’t imagine how happy Minho was after eating his cake, because he thought that Minho would be super overjoyed.

The doorbell rang and Jonghyun raced to open the door for Onew. Onew was holding bags of ingredients and he did not change out his uniform. Jonghyun helped to take one of the bags and brought it to the kitchen. Onew was ogling at Jonghyun’s milky legs as they were walking towards the kitchen, with Jonghyun right in front of him. Damn, why did Jonghyun wear shorts? That’s really y!

Jonghyun placed the bags onto the kitchen counter and started to unpack. Onew was still ogling at Jonghyun’s small frame and curves. He’s really hot. If I’m able to get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter