22: wrong decision?

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22.

 

To: Kibum

Just handed in the application form. U dun have to come USA with me.

 

From: Kibum

OMG WTF DID U JUST TELL ME

 

From: Kibum

NOOOOOO U DIDN’T

 

To: Kibum

I did.

 

From: Kibum

Oh manz, we have to talk. Meet me NOW.

 

 

Minho sat at the park bench alone. It was already 6.30pm and the sun was going to set sooner or later. Occasionally, the cool evening wind blew and messed up his hair lightly but he did not bother. He felt cold, not because of the wind, it was because that his heart was dead. His heart turned cold because of Onew and Jonghyun.

He glanced around the park to see real couples taking photos around the park happily, chatting as they walked with their dog or kissing at some corner.

He sighed. He was jealous of every single happy couple out there. Really jealous. He was not a type of boy who got jealous of anyone. He was the almighty Choi Minho that everyone admired. However his love life was nothing to be boasted of.  His heart ached as he reminisced the days he had with Jonghyun as his boyfriend. They were happy but Onew was always there to spoil things. Jonghyun did not have the shame to stay a distance away from Onew. Yes, Jonghyun is really weak and vulnerable to anyone, even Onew. He likes the weak and vulnerable Jonghyun because he urges him to protect him no matter what. He also likes the simple-minded Jonghyun because he is innocent and pure. He wants to be protective of him so that Jonghyun will not be tainted by someone else. However he not sure if Jonghyun was an idiot for kissing Onew just because he was simple-minded. Everyone knows the love game – no kissing of other men behind your boyfriend’s back. Anyway Jonghyun was already tainted. He knew how to lie to him, how to stand up for Onew and how to kiss Onew back. His heart had already become cold.

“Choi, seriously.”

Minho looked up and patted the empty spot beside him. He did not want to remind Kibum that he was late. He saw the fresh makeup and clothes on Kibum and he knew that he had made effort to waste his time to look good just to see him. The moment Kibum sat down, he started to blabber. “Are you serious? You already made up your mine? There’s no room for regrets, you know that? You are so stupid; you just gave Jonghyun to that bastard! You lost to Onew!”

Minho stared at Kibum’s face, expressionless. He was not sure if he should talk but he did. “I’m leaving two weeks later. The new semester is going to start in my new school.”

“OH DAMN. TWO WEEKS? THAT’S SHORT.”

“I will not regret my decision. I need a change of environment and I don’t want to date anymore.” Minho looked down, staring at his hands. He clasped his hands tightly.

“Alright…how are you going to face Jonghyun for these two weeks? How are you going to tell him that you are leaving?” Kibum knew that once Minho made a decision, he would not change it.

“I will tell him the night before I leave.”

“WHAT?”

 

 

“Minho, you are back!” Jonghyun chirped as he ran towards Minho and hugged him tightly. “Are you hungry? I made-”

“No.” Minho replied coldly.  He pushed Jonghyun off slightly and went back to his room. Jonghyun bit his lower lip and gazed at Minho who just walked into their shared room. Was Minho angry at him? Was it because he had put on makeup on stage earlier on?

He ran into their shared bedroom to see Minho not wearing any shirt but just school pants, back facing him. He smiled cheekily as he hugged Minho from the back. “Sorry okay? I didn’t mean to put makeup during the performance. Everyone has to put on makeup on stage. Sorry, sorry, sorry…”

Minho sighed again for the umpteen times of the day as he shut his eyes tightly. He really wanted to see Jonghyun as a brother and not a boyfriend anymore. It was hard, facing Jonghyun and wanting to leave him. He could feel his eyes burning and starting to get damp. He didn’t want Jonghyun to see him like this. “Alright, I want to shower. Let go.”

Jonghyun pouted and let go. “I made something for you. Come to the kitchen after your shower.”

Minho heard the door closed behind him. He slumped on to his bed and let his tears fall.

 

 

Jonghyun cut the cake into pieces carefully. He kept a big piece for Minho and the rest he put them back into the fridge. Maybe he should let his appa and umma to try later when they were back.

He sat at the kitchen counter area, grinning to himself. He wondered if Minho would give compliments on his baking skills. Even Onew said that he has the talent in baking pastries. He heard footsteps in the living room and he decided to bring it to Minho instead. He took the plate of cake to the living room where Minho was sitting on the sofa.

“Try this! I bake this myself!” Jonghyun presented the cake to the taller man.

Minho eyed at the cake. He baked this? Of course not, he had baked this with Onew right in his face earlier on. “I’m not hungry.”

“Try a bite at least!” Jonghyun tried to shove the cake to Minho.

“I don’t want!” Minho felt anger within him that he shouted and pushed the plate away from Jonghyun’s hands. The plate toppled and fell onto the floor with a loud crash. The smaller man stared at Minho in horror because damn, his boyfriend had just shouted at him and broke the plate into pieces

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter