14: second lie

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

14.

 

“Chief, listen. Don’t bring Jonghyun to your house.”

“Whatever.”

“CHIEF!”

Onew snorted in response. He sat on the sofa to flip the pages of his textbook while a lollipop in his mouth. Seriously, why should he listen to someone who his younger than him? And he could not be the chief for nothing right?

“Have you forgotten? Your aunt is coming to stay in this house for a couple of months.”

Onew jerked and stood up, causing his textbook to fly to a corner. “Damn, I almost forgot! Why must she me this time!”

Taemin picked up the textbook and placed it nicely on the coffee table. “She did not you. Don’t badmouth my mummy.”

“Yeah yeah, she’s the craziest and most horrifying aunt I ever had. If I happened to do something naughty to my puppy on my bed, I bet she would suddenly rush in and beat me up.” Onew shivered by the thought of it.

 “Who ask you to be gay? My mummy hates gays like you. Oh, better don’t let her catch you topless. She would question you the entire day about your gayness overload tattoo,” Taemin pointed and mocked as he saw the tattoo of Onew’s.

“F*** MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Onew could still vividly remember that there was a time he was watching some naughty films with his laptop with his bedroom locked. However just as the film reached the , Onew was so excited that he did not hear the room was unlocked.

“WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

Onew jerked and slammed his laptop shut. It was too late, his aunt had seen everything. The next thing he knew, he was on the bed, bruises all over. Yeah he was caned and that time he was already 15. It was embarrassing, yes, but it was a traumatizing experience he ever got. He was so damn afraid of his aunt.

He could never bring Jonghyun to his house when his aunt comes and stays. NEVER.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun stared at Onew after digesting what he had just said. They were not going Onew’s house after all. If he knew this would happen, he would not lie to Minho…

“Puppy-ah, I know you are disappointed, but I have no choice. I will book a music room in school to practice and I will send you home every night,” Onew sighed as he patted Jonghyun’s fringe.

“Okay…” Jonghyun pouted and looked down. Yeah, he was really disappointed. He thought he could play in Onew’s house while doing their project. This is because he never ever had a chance to. He was always bullied and nobody wanted him for teamwork.

“Puppy, don’t be sad…” Onew pinched the bridge of Jonghyun’s nose and pulled him to his embrace. Jonghyun shook his head and they hugged for few minutes before letting each other go.

“C’mon, go back to class…” Onew smiled and he accompanied Jonghyun to his classroom.

“Stupid Jjong,” Key cussed as he saw what happened just now.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun was waiting at the music room that Onew had booked earlier for their duet preparation. There was a big piano and some string instruments at one side of the room. Another side was a whole stretch of full length mirror that was plastered on the wall, like a dance room.

Jonghyun was staring at his reflection intently, observing his face. He felt that he looked pretty good. He couldn’t say he was handsome because Minho was far more handsome than him, he thought. However the puppy thought that his pretty face would match Minho’s handsome face. He drew a heart on the mirror with his fingertips, slightly squealing at his masterpiece.

I <3 Choi Minho.

How he wished he could meet Minho ASAP but he Minho was busy with his soccer practice. And he was going to be busy with the duet. How he wished time could pass quickly so he could meet Minho in bed.  

“Hey puppy!” Onew came in finally and caught Jonghyun staring at the mirror. He strolled behind Jonghyun and stared at their reflection.

“Do we look like lovers?”

Jonghyun frowned slightly but he did not want to show any displeasure on his face because that was rude. He just shook his head and walked to the large piano.

“Sorry pup, I’m just kidding…” Onew sounded disappointed, which he really was. Why Jonghyun could not see his blinding love for him?

He opened his bag and took out the lyric sheets for Jonghyun to practice his singing. Jonghyun just stared at the lyric sheets and bit his lower lip nervously. He read and read, trying to memorize the lyrics.

Onew just smiled and sat at the piano, putting the scores in front of him and start to do his warm up.

“Puppy, are you ready to sing?”

“No…” Jonghyun answered nervously, “I have forgotten how to start…”

“No problem, Puppy. I will play the song once first.”

The music started to play and Jonghyun was in the daze mode. All he could see was Onew’s nimble fingers playing on the piano keys like magic. He felt like playing the piano too. No, scratch that. He was staring at Onew. At this time, he felt Onew was so good-looking when he was serious (not cheeky as usual) in playing the instrument. He unconsciously smiled when Onew turned to smile at him. The brightest megawatt smile from Onew was so sweet and mesmerizing…

“Puppy? Puppy!”

The Puppy was out of his daze when Onew actually called him several times.

“Are you okay?”

Jonghyun nodd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter