3: the past

Simple-Minded
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 3

 

"Minho?" Jonghyun asked worriedly, fearing that Minho would not promise him not to leave him alone. He put his arms over Minho's neck and did his ageyo, "Don't leave me alone, okay?"

Minho almost shuddered when he saw his hyung was so close to him and saying those lines from soap opera and dramas. But he must admit, he just looked into the shorter man’s eyes and felt amazed again.

They were so brown, so shiny and so mesmerising.

Minho felt that he was addicted and drowned into those brown big eyes. He felt as if he was in paradise, his body began to feel light. He felt as if he was a feather, floating and floating in mid-air, feeling so light.

“Minho!” the high pitched voice pulled Minho back to reality. Minho shook his head hard, to get rid of those weird feelings. What the hell was I thinking about? Why am I drowning into my hyung’s loveable eyes? Was I jealous or envy of his eyes? But I felt that my eyes were 100 times better than his! My eyes could produce flames and electricity!

Jonghyun let go of Minho and the tears returned back into Jonghyun's eyes once again. He felt upset that Minho wanted to abandon him, because Minho just shook his head to his question.

“Why are you tearing up again?” Minho looked at him intently and frowned.

“You want to abandon me!”

“Since when? I said I want you to stay by my side!” Minho retorted.

“You shook your head when I asked you not to leave me alone!”

Minho was speechless. He simply stared at the older man. Jonghyun sniffed lightly and turned away from Minho. Silence means consent; Minho must have wanted to leave him, that was why Minho had said nothing, he thought.

“Hyung that was not what you think! I…I promise not to leave you!” Minho quickly shouted. He felt Jonghyun was so sensitive, but still he was trying not to hurt Jonghyun in anyway. Jonghyun was a really good hyung since he was young. He just couldn't really get it on why Jonghyun having more and more insecurities as time passed.

Jonghyun stopped in his tracks, and turned around with an attractive eye smile. Minho almost felt that he got electrocuted; why the hell Jonghyun’s smile made he felt so weird. Jonghyun’s smile was so…so…beautiful. Not that usually Jonghyun's smile was ugly, but it was especially beautiful here. 

Jonghyun then ran towards Minho with his pinky finger lifted up, “Pinky promise?”

“Yeah.” Minho smiled and locked his finger with Jonghyun’s.

 

 

“You don’t have to bring me to class…” Jonghyun said softly as they were walking on the corridors, wanting to head for their classes.

“Yah, I’m being so kind here, why are you rejecting my kindness?” Minho sounded unhappy. 

“Sorry, you have your class to go; you don’t have to bring me to class. It’s getting late…” Jonghyun insisted.

Minho just held Jonghyun’s hand tighter, “It’s your fault. You got bullied, and you threw tantrums at me. If not of those, I would not miss a period of my Physics class!”

Jonghyun pouted and looked away, not wanting to look at Minho. “Yah, guilty?” Minho teased.

“No,” Jonghyun smiled cheekily, “I’m not at fault, so why should I feel guilty? You are the one who let me down!”

Minho frowned and stopped walking. Jonghyun tried to walk off by himself but Minho did not let go of his hyung’s hand. “What are you doing? Let go! I’m late!”

“Let’s walk together, don’t let go of my hand.” Minho simply said with his usual low voice and continued walking. He stared at Minho, who was leading him.

Jonghyun felt his face somewhat heated up due to his dongsaeng’s words. He blushed slightly and nodded.

“Why are your cheeks red? Are you sick?” Minho stopped at placed his hand on Jonghyun’s forehead. “Huh, it’s not hot.”

“I…I’m fine. We better hurry up, since we are already late.”

 

 

Jonghyun and Minho reached home after school. They shared the same bedroom as the apartment they were staying was quite small.

“Minho! Why are you packing your clothes in your bag? Are you leaving me?” Jonghyun asked frantically and stopped Minho from putting clothes in his bag.

“Yah! Today is Friday. I supposed to go to my dad’s house!” Minho sounded annoyed. Jonghyun must had forgotten again.

“Oops, sorry!” Jonghyun smiled awkwardly. “Can’t you just don’t go there for once? I don’t like to be alone for two nights every week…”

“No! I will miss my appa.” Minho said firmly and zipped his bag.

“But-”

“No buts. You are lucky to see your appa every day. As for me, I have to make a trip to Incheon every Friday to stay with him. I already do this for so many years, I’m used to it and you are used to it. So you have no reason to stop me.”

Jonghyun nodded his head with reluctance, “Okay…” Minho could see Jonghyun pouting lips again.

“Yah, don’t be sad. I will be back by Sunday to throw you on your bed!” Minho smirked.

“Eh, don’t do that!!” Jonghyun widened his eyes with shock.

“You wish!”

 

Minho took a taxi to Incheon. During his journey, he could help but thought about what had happened few years back.

 

“I have no woman outside! Why don’t you just believe me?”

“How can I believe you? I don’t trust you anymore, ever since you first cheated on me!”

“I told you I didn’t! I was technically framed!”

The quarrels went on and on. The six year old Minho hid in his room, nearly bursting into tears

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter