Escaping (from lips)

Mission: Find The Queen

Lee Jieun's pov

I groaned as I felt myself waking up. I had a big, nasty headache coming on it's way anytime now. The small pounding in my head was just a warm-up, I knew it. 

Naturally, the first thing I did after gaining consciousness again, was to think why would my head hurt. There could be many factors causing it, but it only took less than a minute before everything came downing to me.

Great. Someone just had to knock me out again. I mean, what was with that? Why was I always the target of these things? Why was I the one receiving hateful blows or hitting my head? I had tons of experience being pinned against the wall and being thrown here and there as well. I did have to admit that most of these cases were actually caused by my mouth and poor sense of stability. But still. People, stop hitting me unconscious!

Sigh. Why did I just have to be such an unlucky gal?

Okay, I thought as I took a deep breath in. I tried to calm myself and use my brains before I'd find myself even deeper in this mess. It was finally the time for me to check what kind of trouble I had, once again, got myself into. 

My brains kindly suggested me an image of myself, all tied up in a dark basement floor without any food or water, and at the moment, I could only hope that wasn't the reality I had to face. I had no idea what was happening there or anywhere around me, but as long as I was oblivious to whatever nightmare-ish situation I was going to handle in the near future, I could sigh in relief that I was still alive.

So, I seemed to be taken as some sort of hostage. I wasn't dead for sure, as already mentioned, the headache was a comforting sign of that. On the other hand, I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. I had no idea what kind of barbarians those two could be.

Would they torture me? Would they starve me unless I was willing to do as they say? Did they keep me to themselves just to satisfy their sadistic minds? I didn't know. I knew absolutely nothing about them.

My eyes were still closed, so I was surrounded by a hopeful bliss of darkness. Maybe things weren't as bad as they sounded inside my head. Still, I was really afraid of opening them since I was too scared of what would I see if I did. They wouldn't kill me if I'd witness something I shouldn't have, right? 

I didn't exactly have the nerves to jump right out and just kick their asses in a situation like this, either. I was really tempted, though, and I would've probably done it if we would be talking about Suho. But that duo was way more powerful than him.

"Want some?" The funny voiced boy, Kwanghee if I recalled right, said suddenly.

"Thanks," the other one, Taemin, answered. I got nervous after hearing their voices so near me. We were sharing the same space, some kind of room I figured, and they were obviously waiting for me to wake up. Good thing I didn't open those eyes of mine.

I must've been brought back to their house, or then a secret chamber where they kept all their prisoners. It was silent, if you didn't count in their just held conversation. Did that mean I was the only prisoner still alive? Or did I really have some good basis to claim they weren't that bad? Maybe only my wishful thinking.

A bit reluctant to find out the truth in an unpleasant way, I tried to move my hands in order to see if they were free. I could, perhaps, even open some ropes if that was a must. Fortunately, I was shocked to notice that there was nothing holding them, though they were placed behind my back. Had the rope opened itself or did they just simply forget to finish tying me up?

I tried my legs as well, wondering if I was ready to run if necessary. As I had already assumed, they weren't tied down either. I was ready to go if I only got the chance. 

Seriously, was this even possible? A dream come true? Or was this a trap to see if I'd escape? If it wasn't, they really didn't seem to have any idea how to keep a prisoner. But it was the best this way anyway.

"When's that chick getting up? She's been out for a while now," Taemin said. My mouth twitched in annoyance while trying to convince them I hadn't woken up yet.

"You know what? She should be awake by now," Kwanghee said and put down something, like, a bowl on a table or something like that. How could I know, I didn't even know where I was.

"Really?" Taemin asked, voice filled with amusement.

"Yeah, I didn't hit her that hard," Kwanghee answered smugly. "Hey, maybe you should try to wake her up with a kiss."

"A kiss?!" Taemin shrieked and smacked the other. "What the hell is wrong with you, man? I don't go around kissing strangers."

Kwanghee sighed loudly and moved in his chair. "Are you kidding me right now? She's not that bad and you reeeaaally need to wake her up. Aren't you curious about her?"

"Curious? No. Murderous? Could be. She did hurt you after all." 

"Well, kill her with your kiss," Kwanghee suggested, annoyed. What? I was too absorbed in listening to their small, brotherly conversation that I almost forgot they were talking about me. They were talking about kissing me.

"And how'd I do that, genius? Put on some poison lipbalm? I could die with her!"

"Jeez, fine, I'll do it," Kwanghee said and rose from the chair. I froze after hearing the steps really come closer. He wasn't going to kiss me with some poisonous lipbalm on his lips, was he?

I could feel him standing beside me and I tried to relax myself to look like I was still sleeping away the headache that hadn't gotten any better. I felt his hands turning my body around so I'd face him. I tried my hardest not to show any signs of reluctance. He'd know if I did.

"Aww, man, are you really going to do that?" Taemin asked with a whiny, a bit high pitched voice this time. Who would've known that he could whine like a kid?

I held my breath as I waited for the answer that never came. Instead, I felt hands framing my face and Kwanghee's breath that hit my skin. Oh god. Oh god. What should I do? I took even breaths as the warmth came closer, hovering around my lips. 

"Gosh!" I exclaimed as I opened my eyes and saw his face very near mine. Too close, I must say. I pushed his head away and scrambled to my feet, wanting to get out of there.

"Oh, she's awake. Too bad for you, Kwanghee," Taemin snickered.

"Shut up." 

Heart pounding in my chest, I didn't waste time as I rushed to the door and bumped against it, literally. At least I got it open without having to fiddle with any locks, if there even were any.

"Where do you think you're going?" I heard the cute boy ask from my left. I shoved my hand against his chest and pushed him away fro me before even realizing he was there. He was shocked, but I had no time to congratulate myself over my fast reaction to his cool and very useful power.

I had to get away. I had to escape. I couldn't think of anything else since I was worried it could distract me.

"Hey! Come back here!" He shouted after me. I ignored him and entered the dark woods that surrounded the place I was kept in. 

Funny, wonder where that Kwanghee guy left, haven't heard anything from him yet. I had instantly assumed he was the louder one.  Then it hit me. It was oddly quiet for an escape attempt, wasn't it?

"Caught ya," A voice suddenly said above me. All I could see was a person leaping down from one of the dark trees, landing on top of me. 

Ouch. 

I felt hi weight on me, prevening me from escaping any further. He moved his head a bit away from mine, and I finally saw his face clearly. Well, hello there Mr. Possible . Didn't get to devour my lips, so he decided to finish the deal here and now?

I couldn't let that happen. I was too young to experience things like this, and I didn't even have powers to protect me. So, in the hope that someone was near, I let out a scream that his hand soon muffled. 

Annoyed by the person, I bit his hand and rolled so that I was on top of him. This was my chance to avoid this situation. Intuitively, my hand found his cheek and I slapped him.

Then hands found my forearms and kept me in a tight grip, making it impossible to move. I struggled to release myself, but it did seem hopeless from the very beginning. I could bet my life it was the certain teleporter I pushed away earlier.

"Yah, why do you always try to beat him up?" Taemin asked right beside my ear. Yay, I won, I got to live. Bets made inside one's head were counted, right?

"Let go off me!" I seethed and tried to wriggle myself out of his hands. 

"Nuh-uh, you're not going anywhere!" He declared.

Kwanghee sat up under me, and now I was really sitting in his lap. Awkward. "Do I need to hit her again? I mean, I wouldn't mind at all," he stated with a smirk.

"You dirty bastard!" I shouted and kicked him with my free legs. He groaned painfully and Taemin lifted me up in the air. I didn't know if it was even humanely possible for him to lift me over his shoulder like that, but then again, he did have the teleporting ability.

After the first shock had dissipated, I started throwing tantrums. "Let me go!" I shouted and started hitting his back with my fists. He walked a couple meters, me still hitting his back, and then stopped.

"Ah! You're hurting me! Stop!" He shouted, giving me a shove. He threatened to drop me down from his shoulder and I grabbed his shirt like my life depended on it.

Still, I wasn't giving up. "You deserve it!" I continued hitting him, putting even some more force in my hits.

"Stop! Stop! STOP!" I let out a shriek as he threw me to the ground and started rubbing his aching back. I rolled further away, just to get a few feet's distance. I had to run. Run far, far away.

"Taemin, she's escaping!" Kwanghee shouted. I got up to my feet but Kwanghee just ran to me and tackled me like the players in American football did. I groaned since this was the second time in ten minutes that he had put his whole weight on me. 

"Get off!"

"No!"

"I'll kick you if you don't!"

"And I will take it just to keep you down! Gosh, we should have bound you with some metal chains!"

"Yes, you should have! Now get off me, you ert!"

"ert? Who are you calling a ert?"

"You!"

"Why? What did I do?"

"You tried to kiss me! Who knows what else?"

"I told you Kwanghee, bad idea. She probably ran away thinking we'd kill her after abusing her or something," Taemin said after having watched us quarrel for awhile. "Now, let's drag her in, tie her up and have a little chat. How about it?"

"No, please," I answered with a tight smile. "I'm not up to a chain party." My personal opinion seemed to have no impact as they dragged me back inside, and I grimaced as they shoved me in the back of the room with harsh movements.

Although I very much disliked it, I was now officially a hostage.