Uh-oh

Mission: Find The Queen

Lee Jieun's pov

In the end, I found myself standing in the slowly increasing rain, watching as the still a bit damaged space ship took off with everyone I knew, leaving me here in an unknown land full of danger by myself. I let out a sigh and gave a tiny, pathetic wave to those lucky bastards, who didn't need to stay here and get slaughtered by whatever lived here.

I knew I was only doing this for a good purpose since everyone else got to leave safely, the group 1 got to rest and Jaejoong wasn't sent here to suffer with his phobia. But I couldn't help but to curse my kindness once in awhile, I wasn't always like this after all. I did have to admit, I was missing having all those weird scenes with my teammates already.

Speaking of my teammates, I wonder if they were truly unharmed in the fight we had with those bonies. Everyone assured me they were fine by putting up a strong front since I was seemingly injured with my hands, but were they really okay? I selfishly let that slip out of my mind earlier with the excuse of being hurt.

How shocked must've Yoseob been when he saw the end of his life before I stopped the sword? How hard must've it been for the other guys to continuously fight off those creatures with their new, still quite uncontrollable powers? I knew I had to run like hell to avoid getting squished to the floor, but they had to do the hardest job. After all, Suho, Jaejoong and Myungsoo helped me and Key escape alongside with rest of the Fluffies.

It must've been cool, I concluded and took a moment to gaze at my bandaged arms. Fortunately, they weren't hurting that much anymore. And I was glad it was the only share of the real action I had, if dropping the plane wasn't counted. At least everyone else got over that, but it kept me swelling in the puddle of guilt.

Mostly because it survived the crash. It would've killed me if it weren't for G.O's, Sunggyu's and Zico's team combo. Only thing I could do was to freeze from fear. Gosh, I was so pathetic. How could the guys care for me? Maybe the crushing hug they gave me right before they left was really a way to silently get rid off me, breaking my bones and blocking my breathing possibilities.

Nah, I was scratching too deep in this depression-like feeling. Better stop it while I could and that moment was right now. So what if I actually brought us all in danger? It was a way to let everyone keep their lives, including mine. I was great, I was Lee Jieun for heavens sake. This wasn't who I was, I didn't care who thought ill of me. I'd only prove them wrong anyway. Yeah, that was who I was.

My self praise was left short, however, as a loud boom went off nearby. I flinched since it definitely wasn't a good sign. Suddenly all the black birds from the black trees took off simultaneously after hearing another boom, giving me the creeps. I could clearly hear someone coming closer since the ruckus was getting louder and louder, as if the thing or person coming wanted me to hear its arrival.

But I took it as a good warning and immediately darted to the woods without hesitating. Run, my brains kept yelling at me. Again I found myself in a similar situation like before; I was yet again running away fro my dear life, furthering myself from the immediate danger. But then a thought hit me. What was expected of me anyway? I had no powers nor was I good enough to defeat anyone with my home training. I was a normal human that lacked things.

And this was how I survived. It was only reasonable to run away and so I did, free from the bad feelings.

I stepped on the breaks after I realized it was quiet around me all of a sudden. It was way too quiet. Spinning my head around, I tried to search for something that could endanger my existence. I saw nothing, but I got a good look of my surroundings. Black, mostly black. There was no other color in the forest, so my white tee was totally giving me away.

There was few trees around me that I could possibly try climbing, but I didn't have a change to think as I heard steps coming closer. It seemed like the hidden enemy wasn't as big as it had sounded, but maybe a human. But according to my listening abilities, there was more than one person approaching. Was this the duo Eunji was talking about?

I dove behind a thick, black bush right before I heard talking. Scared of being exposed by my clothing, I dirtied my hands with the ground's surface and smudged it on my shirt. After deciding it could be enough, though I couldn't exactly see how well my back was covered, I put some on my face and adventured inside the bush for some better cover.

"Ya, you think they're over here? I sense something tricky." A voice, a bit funny sounding to my mind, said.

"Can't you feel the forest? Can't you see the fog rising up the ground, telling we have an intruder?" A more pleasant voice to my ears said.

Only then I saw that indeed, there was some fog surrounding us. How could've I missed that? I knew it was a mistake to not to surveil the surroundings at all times. I was reckless and I wondered if it cost me my life. But it could be that it also gave me a better chance to survive, though the sudden white blinded me quite well in this darkness.

"Well, didn't you see that ship lifting up a moment ago?" The high-pitched, slightly annoying voice shrieked again, a bit closer this time.

"Kwanghee, shut up. I can feel something." The other man said and I froze. He wasn't meaning me, right? I almost let out a scream after I heard a bird making some noise right next to me. I took a deep breath while trying hard to calm my rapidly beating heart.

I relaxed a bit after the man called Kwanghee started laughing.

"You sensed a bird? Way to go Taemin."

"Shut up, like you didn't make mistakes before, too."

"I did..." Kwnaghee started, "but at least I'm able to see that young lady in the bush." He told. I gulped and looked forward to even see a bit of them. I failed miserably, but I knew I was exposed. Anyone brave enough to claim I was lazy? I had ran for a whole day, now I just clearly had to keep up with the tradition. With that, I started my new spurt.

"Ah, that chick? She doesn't seem like those we chased earlier, but..." I could hear a voice say far behind me after I had taken off.

"Let's catch her."

"Yeah."

I heard the sound of their foot again, coming right after me. I tried to raise my speed as much as I could at the moment, but I didn't seem to be able to shake them off. They were too fast and they knew their grounds. They had a good home field advantage.

I was slowly getting tired. First of all, it was hard to see where I was going through the thickening fog. Secondly, it was starting to get hard to breathe after going on few kilometers with a high speed. It could've only been the result of not getting that much rest, only if I didn't feel something strange being involved. The guys talked about feeling the forest and I felt it strong; it was trying to suffocate me. Was this for real? Was I hallucinating or was I condemned to a mental asulym?

"Boo." A voice said right before a boy manifested before me. I was bewildered as I could swear there was nothing in my way just a moment ago, but suddenly there was. I ended up bumping straight to his chest, nice. I groaned as I bounced to the ground, snapping some branches on the way. My head was empty though I knew I had to run away quickly. Or fight.

As I readied myself to kick the one chasing me, I lifted my head to meet his face. And oh boy, you could say I was totally surprised. I was staring right at a young boy, maybe around my age, with a chestnut colored hair, who was staring curiously back at me with a content smile on his lips. He was... Beautiful. I literally wasn't able to stop gaping at him. Sadly, he seemed to notice it as well.

"Kwanghee, why is she staring at me like that?" He asked as the other boy that finally caught us.

"Maybe she's awestruck by your appearance?" He suggested. "Hey, what about me?" He asked as he pointed to his face.

I blinked couple times, trying to get the grasp of the situation I was having. He was asking about looks? Well, I'm sorry fella, but your friend was more of a sight that kept me mesmerized. It was like the latter one's face brought me back to my senses.

That Kwanghee boy that was right before me seemed like a good, unprepared target to start my getaway, so I used my leg to swipe his legs off the ground before getting up and continuing the run. I heard the other, still unharmed boy gasp as he took off after me again.

Once again, before I could even properly realize it, he manifested right in front of me. It seemed like my reflexes were this time more prepared than I was, and soon my leg actually hit the boy's face.

I felt sorry for him, but I couldn't fret over it as I needed to be alarmed of his new attack. It didn't take long to realize this must've been his power. Teleportation. It for me since there was no way to get away from someone with that skill, but I kept trying in hope of a miracle.

"You won't go anywhere!" I heard the better looking guy shout. And it seemed he was right as I once again ran against something.

But it wasn't him, nope. I just fell for some reason, totally unaware what did I hit since there was ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in front of me. Irritated by the force of this forest, perhaps it really was its doing, I turned around and faced the two guys that kept chasing me no matter what.

"Can't you just leave me be?" I asked to stall time. The trip here happened really fast, so my friends could be picking me up any moment now. I just needed to... survive.

"Why would we? You are a stranger in our land." Kwanghee piped up.

"Yeah. Besides, you just made a grave mistake after you kicked Kwanghee." The boy, Taemin I suddenly recalled from their earlier discussions, said. His face was serious, the smile long gone as he seemed genuinely upset that his friend was hurt.

"Oh, yeah? What are you going to do about it?" I asked as I crossed my arms. Sure, act all mighty. That would surely help, right?

"Well... This." Taemin answered as he disappeared. Slightly afraid of where he'd show up, I tried to listen for any sounds that didn't belong there. I was again too late as he locked my hands from behind and Kwanghee came towards me. He raised his hands that suddenly held on a thick, black branch, and hit my head with it.

The ground that greeted me with open arms was the last thing I saw before I lost my consciousness.

 

A/N: Okay, so... I read all the comments I have received to this story. And because I felt so thankful because you all have supported me through the weird and confusing journey with this story, I wanted to show my gratitude by updating after a long time. I thought I should edit the story before doing so, but your lovely comments made me change my mind. I love you guys, I really do! pov