Falling down

Mission: Find The Queen

Lee Jieun's pov

At least I didn't die. Sure my hands hurt like hell and I had some difficulties to pick up things. No big deal, right? I saved someone's life for Pete's sake! I feel like a freaking hero! Of course we still have an situation going on, but I got some time to breathe and collect some strenght. I'd sure love if that bleeding on my hands would also stop. Soon I'll have a blood loss (okay, maybe I'm a bit too dramatic) and if that wouldn't kill me, then those things would.

We all agreed to advance towards the commanding room, so we could hopefully find others. On our way, we sadly saw one dead man, one of those computer nerds I had played with. We started walking faster silently, without changing any words, like in a silent agreement. We feared for the others, wondered if they had also countered their fate, lost their lives.

We came closer to the commanding room and soon I heard the most horrifying sound I have ever heard, a sound that is too familiar to me. Every loud and heavy step I heard, gave me the creeps and it sounded coming towards the door we we're at. Not again..! I begged in my mind, but I have never been lucky. "Step back!" I whispered to others and pulled them backwards roughly.

They were confused fo awhile, but they were glad that I did so as they saw what opened the door. "Oh, it's the girl that came to search for her death again." He said, clearly highlighting the word 'again'. Sadly that was true, it was a close call last time we met. "Hi." I  simply stated, not caring if it sounded cruel or not. "Uhmm.. You have met before?" Key asked carefully. "Yeah and I almost died. He was so sure he'd kill me tough." I replied teasingly.

Why would I do that? No idea. You've seen my 'good' ideas today, haven't you? "Yes, I tried to kill her. This time I'll just make sure I'm able to do that." He said with his creepy voice. "How nice of you.." I muttered. "RUN!" I yelled and we tried to do that. Yeah... TRIED. It seems that even while gritting my teeth from the pain and running away, I was still running faster than Key or Yoseob. 

Unfortunately, being slow cost them being thrown away from it's way. It looked like it really hurt, and I couldn't just leave them there. I had tod to stop and face the demon of mine. I've had enough of these close to death situations, so I felt pissed, really pissed. I need a vacation... (and that's NOT going to happen unless I die. Damn, I'm wishing I'd die...)

I sighed and tried to look for any space to slide under it like I did with the other ones. I guess he had heard the news, no space left for me. Instead off sliding, I made an surprise spurt towards him. At the last moment I curved to the left, running towards the wall. I took some speed by placing my foot to the wall and ran past him. I did feel like an movie star for awhile, until something bugged me. Somehow it seemed so... Easy.

This felt like a boss fight in a game or something, and I was the desperate hero fighting against it. I heard the eerie laugh once again as I slipped in the commanding room, getting him away from Key and Yoseob that I was worried about. He sure did follow me, seemingly having a really big grudge against me. Lucky me... Now I just had to face with the problems I had.

I'm trapped and there's no way out, unless I go through him. I'm weaker, I could not use my powers nor did I have any weapons. Lack of space, sure I could dodge and run for a long time, but I need sone space to do so. No plan, I had no idea how to fight against that thing, Angel was a completely different thing compared to that. Now that I thought about it, we we're extremely lucky to face Angel first. At least I had one day longer to live.

I backed away until I bumped onto something. I bet it was the control table, so I glanced back quickly. I saw my solution, a lever. I read the sticker above it, 'to shut motors' and I almost cheered out loud. Huh look at that, my plan might actually work. "Now you're going to die you little brat!" It said and walked closer to me. I hid the lever behind my back, not revealing it just yet. "No way I'm going to die alone. Let's do it together!" I said and exposed the lever. I saw it's almost shocked face and it made me feel good. I pulled it and was forced to drop down to lay on the floor immeadiately by the strong force of a dropping plane.

What have I done today? À la carte cereal soup, sitting, discovering powers, running, losing my powers, running, running, running and running again, almost getting sliced and now, killing everybody.

Oops...