Fridays.. Part 1

Mission: Find The Queen

Lee Jieun's pov

6:05

I heard my alarm clock and I tried to reach it with my hand. Ugh.. I'm going to hate this day... After shutting the alarm, I literally rolled down from my bed and headed straight to my wall calendar. Yep.. It's Friday.. The official bully-Jieun-day.. You see, kingkas and queenkas are the ones that rule the school I go. Everybody hates that fact but hey, no can do, when one of them says 'Hey, look at that dork. Let's bully him/her!' then it means that you really do that.

It saves you (if you aren't the target of course) and you can study in peace. Unfortunately that one idiot kingka happened to target me. So ever since I started high school, every Friday is supposed to be hell to me but nah, it's just fun to see their endless efforts. There is this one 'secret' they don't know about me: I don't care.

Well, it isn't exactly a secret but a thing they do not know. The thing is, I have to act like I care even if I don't. I have to act as if I'm scared. If I wouldn't, my schools queenkas would seriously publish the official bully-Jieun-every-day week. Gosh, they are such attention seekers..

I sighed and dressed up, heading outside. Once I reached the park I go every morning, I started running as fast I could around it. It was refreshing as the wind hit my face and I started running even faster. You know, I'm quite fast too. I'm actually good at P.E but since you already know my situation, you might guess that in school, I'm the worst.

You could think of it this way to make it easy: I have double personalities, one for home and one for school, the stubborn girl and the bullied girl. Some of you might think this is stupid and yes, I admit it. This is stupid. Even though I do think this is stupid, it's better that I get beaten up at school than some other nerd that can't take the beating.

I ran around the park about three times and I thought I should quit already and head back home. Some of you might wonder where my parents are since I haven't mentioned them. Well, I'm an orphan, my mom died in a car crash when I was five and my dad had abandoned us when I was born. I don't weep over them, it's been 14 years from the accident already and I don't even know who my dad is.

I should propably head back now before anyone sees me, I thought and stomped up the stairs, heading to my studio apartment that contains one room, kitchen and a bathroom. I walked towards my kitchen and made two breads, poured some cereal and took an apple for breakfast. After all, I need energy to endure everything this day has to offer. After breakfast I made some yoga moves. Yes, y-o-g-a. It's a good way to stay fit and it seriously helpes me to stay comfortable in different objects (for example a freezer that I was pushed in last Friday)

After my yoga session I dressed in my school uniform and fake glasses (I have to admit.. I LIKE THEM, okay?) I watched my reflection and determination was seen in my eyes. Okay Jieun, you can do this! You are.. a loser, a nerd and a scaredy cat. You are a loser, a nerd and a scaredy cat. You are a loser, a nerd and a scaredy cat!  I felt how I slowly adapted in my role, how I started to feel insecure and strange enough, it is the only way for me to survive.

I glanced at the clock quickly. "Oh ! I'm going to be late!" I murmured to my reflection and started running towards my school. "I can do this.. I can do this.. I just have to be patient.." I reassured myself. Being calm, you know.. It really isn't my thing, I would prefer kicking annoying people (especially that jerk that chose me) but yeah.. I'd be kicked out of school and I can't afford it so.. Plus that jerk is the son of the headmaster, so no, no hope.

I could see how the school gates were being closed and I had no time to think any other useless things. I looked around and saw that no one was around, so I sped off with my speed and managed to slip in before the gates closed. I looked up the building and sighed but I had no choice than walk in, keeping my head down.

I reached my homeroom and this is where the 'hell' starts. I opened the door carefully, so it wouldn't be noticed, but the class saw it and it was suddenly dead silent. I stepped in front of the class and saw that Mr. Choi wasn't here yet. Damn.. Now I'm getting tripped over at least once!

Thank god (not that I care) I heard Mr. Choi arriving the glass and everybody sighed in dissapointment. Phew.. But I was relieved too fast and the next thing I know, is that wooden floor started nearing my face. I was tripped and no prince was there saving me, so I hit the ground with agreat thud. I got up slowly, I dusted my school uniform and dragged myself to the back row while hearing my classmates mocking laughs.

I sighed as I took out my history book and my writing utensils. I saw the evil glances I got from my classmates, but fortunately Mr. Choi coughed and the attention was back on him. He started writing on the wall and I decided to take notes diligently (I'm suposed to be a nerd but I'm not good at scool) as I tried to actually learn something. Well, history is just memorizing things so I guess I'll pass the test..

When the class was over and Mr. Choi left, I could see shadows above me. I looked at my class that had gathered around my desk and I took the insultive words as naturally as breathing air.

"You're a nerd that doesn't deserve our company."

"Yeah, I guess your mom must have done some favours to get you in."

Now that was the point I almost lost control. She should thank God that I didn't just murder her for mentioning my deceased mother. These situations are the worst ones. Mess with me, I don't care. Mock my father, I don't care. Mock my mother and the hell is loose.

Slowly my hands were ready to hit someone but I just counted Mississippies in my head. One Mississippi, two Mississippi... one hundred Mississippi... Finally they left me and I sighed in relief. Okay.. What do I have next? You got to be kidding me.. Art and Math? Goodbye world! (I'm not artistic and I at math) I walked to get some fresh air before the real struggling with school starts.

 

 

 

So.. How do you like? I'm really frustrated since I couldn't do a longer chapter because my ipad started to get pissed off.. (I guess) Do you get how it goes? Jieun is stubborn and violent girl at home but at school she is bullied or so do the bullies think, she's just taking the weight off from some other weaklings that could be bullied and it all started when this 'idiot' kingka decided to pick her to be the target. I know it's confusing and kinda stupid but bear with it~ Any guesses who that kingka might be? ;)