Song For You

Song For You

SONG FOR YOU

Jaejoong woke up to the bed shifting next to him and cracked open an eye. Yunho-- a very handsome and Yunho-- was settling back down into bed with a mug of coffee in one hand and a copy of the newspaper opened up to the entertainment section in the other. There was a very lovely shot of Gaeun in her wedding dress on the front page, her eyes as bright and palpably ecstatic as they had seen them the day before. Jaejoong rubbed his eyes and sat up a little to get a better look, but instantly regretted the abrupt movement and its effect on his pounding head.

 

“Careful,” Yunho said, smiling. “I tried the exact same thing.”

 

Jaejoong collapsed back on the bed, massaging his forehead. “What did I say about drinking coffee in bed?” he grumbled.

 

“I'm hungover, Boojae. This coffee and I need each other.”

 

“We have a kitchen.”

 

“But the kitchen doesn't have you.” He set the coffee down on the end table and reached down to Jaejoong's hair. “How are you holding up? You had a lot more than me at the reception.”

 

“Did I? I don't remember.”

 

“I figured you wouldn't.”

 

“I didn't do anything embarrassing did I?”

 

“Not until we got home. Then... let's just say if you wanted to be a stripper after you retire from DBSK, you've already got the moves, baby.”

 

“Oh my god,” Jaejoong groaned. “I didn't attack you, did I?”

 

“You passed out before then, fortunately. Or maybe unfortunately. Not that I would dare impose on such a drunk idiot.” Yunho snickered. “I managed to get you in bed pretty well for a fellow drunk idiot, though. Makes me glad that we have our own apartment, now.”

 

Jaejoong was sure the other four members shared their relief. After scoring the best results of their career in Korea with Mirotic and Love in the Ice and then getting their first number one in Japan with Purple Line, they all had enough money on hand to start making bigger investments. Junsu was the one to suggest breaking up their dorm (“Maybe it would help your onstage if you were actually able to resolve it in the bedroom”), and though Jaejoong sometimes missed their old arrangements, there were definitely benefits to living together without anyone else. Case in point: gloriously Yunho on the bed, disobediently drinking coffee.

 

“It was a fun wedding, though,” Jaejoong said, yawning. “People from the country sure know how to party.”

 

“And you're no slouch yourself. Lucky that we have the day off.”

 

“Speak for yourself. I wanted to go to the studio today.”

 

“For what? I thought you were all done recording your solo album.”

 

Jaejoong nodded. After they'd wrapped up their promotions in Japan, they'd been granted a break from group promotions by Hyunsoo nim in order to pursue individual activities. It was half a reward for how well they'd been performing, and half to make an opening for increased B.P.M promotions, since they were well on their way to hitting it big with their second album. Junsu and Yunho had both scored roles in musicals, while Yoochun and Changmin had enrolled in special lessons-- Yoochun for acting, and Changmin for composing. Jaejoong had also been offered the chance to finally release a solo album, which he happily took-- he'd be sitting on songs like All Alone, Still in Love, and Only Love for years now, and it was about they had the chance to see the light of day.

 

“Yeah, I finished already. But I wanted to talk with Stan about other things.”

 

“Like what? Your incoming new niece or nephew?”

 

“Mmm, I talk about that enough with Dayoung noona.” He smiled. “I actually wanted to start thinking about our fifth album.”

 

Yunho groaned. “Come on, Jae, we have a break, and you're still worrying about that?”

 

“It's important,” Jaejoong said defensively. “We can't have a hot single and release absolute crap afterward.”

 

“Between you and Hi Stan, are you even capable of releasing absolute crap?”

 

“I don't know, and I'd rather not find out.” He sat up, wincing as his head once again protested. “Want to get me coffee?”

 

“You have legs.”

 

“I also have a boyfriend with legs.”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes, but got up anyways. Jaejoong watched the back view appreciatively as he headed to the kitchen, then propped himself up with a pillow to get his body used to the change in position. I should probably stop drinking so much, he thought. He didn't recover as quickly anymore, and the pain the next morning rarely made it worth it. Still, since Yunho forbade him from excessive drinking whenever he went out with friends (“You try and kiss everyone the moment you're drunk, so please stop doing it when I'm not around”), he took the opportunities he got. Sometimes he'd do it to get revenge on Yunho when they fought-- which wasn't often, but always stressful when it did happen-- and then call him demanding to be picked up, leaving Yunho to wonder just who in the bar he'd attacked. More often than not, Jaejoong didn't attack anyone, but would leave that to Yunho's imagination until he'd either 'punished' or made-up with him thoroughly enough for everything to feel okay again.

 

Those occasions were rare, though; they were more typically like they were this morning-- living together happily like they'd always been this way. Jaejoong cooking meals, Yunho misplacing the TV remote, the two of them decorating the living room seasonally and bringing home weird knick knacks from junk shops to fill in the empty spaces. Even Jaejoong's parents had been impressed when they visited for Jaejoong's birthday that year, claiming that the two of them had built a neater household than almost all of his sisters combined. Yunho's parents hadn't visited yet, but he'd gotten them to promise to come over for Chuseok, which had sent Jaejoong into a nervous tizzy over the menu, even though it was months away.

 

Yunho reemerged with a mug of coffee, which he handed off to Jaejoong. Jaejoong took a long sip, smacking his lips. It was good to have something in his system, at least, even if it wouldn't completely do away with his headache. Yunho eyed him. “You're drinking it in bed.”

 

“I'm the one who does the laundry. I'm allowed.”

 

“I see how it is.” He paused. “So, the fifth album. What are you thinking about it? And please don't say 'I'm thinking we should start recording it right now'.”

 

“I'm not. We're busy. And it would be nice if we could all do a little composing for it, so we should wait until our individual schedules clear up a little first. I'm just thinking that has to be really special.” He trailed his foot up Yunho's leg. “We'll have a greater role in writing it, so they should be our stories. Maybe of how this all started. How we became us.

 

“Isn't your solo album going to be like that?”

 

“That's just my perspective. Which was admittedly pretty bleak back then.”

 

“Hmmm.” Yunho leaned into him. “So, you want me to write a song for you, baby?”

 

Jaejoong glared at him haughtily. “You'd think I'd earned one by now, considering how many I've written for you.”

 

“Well now. You have magic in your fingertips, Boojae.” He took Jaejoong's hand and danced his fingers across the palm. “Everything you write speaks so beautifully. I wonder sometimes if I can do the same thing.”

 

Jaejoong laced their fingers together. “Do you want to?”

 

“Of course I do.”

 

“Then you can. I taught Soorin the same lesson, and look how she turned out.”

 

Yunho rolled his eyes. After her solo album and more lively variety appearances, Soorin had become the most searched member of Starkiss, and quite a few of those searches were still wondering if she and Jaejoong had a thing, though there was now a competing theory that there was actually a love triangle with them involving Changmin (or a love quadrilateral if Yunjae shippers threw Yunho in, which they did), and yet another theory that she had a secret romance with B.P.M's Jongwoo, who was also rumored to have a secret romance with another girl group rookie, which had nothing on Shinwon, who was shipped liberally with his groupmates and other male idols to the point where his pairing with Chansik made up only a small percentage of Shinwon shipping. It was all so mind boggling that Jaejoong could barely take any of it seriously, which in its own way was helpful-- the media was less interested in covering romance issues at C&M since the rumors were so scattered and untrustworthy, which meant that it was back to only the fans once again caring about the finer details of Yunho and Jaejoong's love lives. He was somewhat amazed that the majority of them hadn't figured out he and Yunho were shacking up, but if they did know, they certainly weren't broadcasting it.

 

“Anyways, I'd have to spend a lot of time on it,” Yunho mused. “Talking about everything you mean to me. How do you do it so often?”

 

“It's not as difficult as you think. You don't have to sum up everything. Just whatever it is you appreciate.” He looked Yunho up and down. “Like right now, I could definitely write an ode to that body of yours.”

 

“You know, you didn't used to be all bold like this,” Yunho snorted, inching his hands to Jaejoong's stomach. “I remember when we first started dating, you were all coy about being physical, like you could never believe it was actually happening. When did a ert start occupying your body?”

 

“If I wasn't like that before I met you, wouldn't that mean you're to blame for it?”

 

“Maybe. But I didn't ask for you to go around in open clothes all the time and show off. So many people have their eyes on you.”

 

“Yes, and you're the only one who has more than just his eyes on me.” He tugged Yunho's hand and pulled him closer, joining their lips in a long and coffee tasting kiss. He was somewhat amazed at the stamina that came to him out of nowhere, but it was simply a part of being with the person he loved. His affection was inexhaustible, and even the littlest things could coax it out of him. Yunho attempting to make dinner (failing, but at least trying), Yunho pulling out his guitar and singing Jaejoong's songs with him just like the old days, even Yunho simply bringing home a new piece of furniture because it reminded him of Jaejoong. It was such a happy way of living that it amazed him that it had taken him this long to find his way to it.

 

“You're smiling,” Yunho said, brushing his thumb along his lips. “Because of me, I hope.”

 

“Who else but you?” He wrapped his arms around Yunho's back. “I'm so happy. So happy that it was you I woke up to all those years ago.”

 

“That's the way it had to be. I was meant to find you.”

 

“Then you'd better take responsibility for that fate and stay with me forever.”

 

“I wouldn't dream of spending my life any other way, Boojae.”

 

Jaejoong closed his eyes and smiled to himself. I wouldn't either. This has been everything to me, and there's nothing I want more than to take on everything else that comes next loving you.

 

A/N: Thanks for supporting me this long, everyone :D I had a lot of fun writing this and reading everything you had to say! As I said in the last chapter, there will definitely be more Yunjae coming your way soon, and I also kind of want to do some one-shot spin-offs for Song For You, so let me know if you're interested. Once again, thanks for all the support!!!

 

 

 

 


Be right by your side like this
My life we will walk together
All the time, forever


The thoughts I have decided in my heart
I will convey to you right now without hesitation
Heaped upon the both of us the good time of love
For the sake of continuing in the future


White wings swimming in the wind
Sending it to your chest, song for you


I’ll never let you go
Hey, stay by my side
Let’s count each passing season
Right by your side like this
my life we will walk together
All the time, forever