Your Love is All I Need

Song For You

A/N: Author-nim is in a fantastic mood thanks to the B1A4 concert slaying her life. I hope you are all having lovely weekends <3 I'm planning on releasing the blog I was talking about tomorrow or Tuesday (a Yunjae analysis ^_^) so please check it out if you have a moment~~~ Enjoy!

 

 

YOUR LOVE IS ALL I NEED

Saehee tossed down a copy of Dispath in front of them when they arrived at the C&M building the next morning. “I don't know how you managed to get all of that on Sung Dami,” she said breathlessly, “but I love you. All of you. You guys and Soorin and Minjunnie and Hyunsoo nim, all of you for doing this. He told me that he thought she was stalking him, but I didn't know it was this bad.”

 

Jaejoong glanced at the front page. Dispatch hadn't gotten to the scene quick enough to take a picture of her being taken in, so they'd used stills from the footage of his and Yoochun's accident on stage for the cover instead. “C&M ENTERTAINMENT AND HAN MINJUN FILE CHARGES AGAINST TOP ACTRESS SUNG DAMI FOLLOWING DBSK STAGE SNAFU AND REPEATED CASES OF STALKING” the bolded text screamed. Jaejoong flipped open to the story and began to read aloud.

 

Hundreds of idols of fans were shocked yesterday when an attendee with a high beam flashlight attempted to sabotage idol group Dong Bang Shin Ki's performance of popular new single “Rising Sun” at a pre-recording of M! Countdown last evening. But what first appeared to be a malicious act perpetrated by an anti-fan exploded into an unexpected scandal surrounding top actress Sung Dami when C&M Entertainment filed charges against her not only for arranging the incident, but for continually stalking their artists, as well as Starkiss Saehee's top actor boyfriend, Han Minjun.

 

Sung Dami, famed for her award-winning performance in “Winter Lily,” has allegedly been engaging in sasaeng behavior ever since working with Han Minjun on film “Spirited” three and a half years ago. Dami, who helped the then unknown Minjun secure his role, evidently hired friends to follow him and keep tabs on the details of his private life for up to six months. CCTV footage retrieved by Minjun showed Dami staking out his apartment a suspected total of ten times, though the footage is inconclusive in some instances. At the time, Minjun discussed with his agency the potential of pressing charges against her, but as her face was only provably clear in only one tape, he was advised to dismiss the case. Fans of Minjun speculated that there was something off about Sung Dami's interest in him, but their relations fell from the public's mind when Dispatch broke that he was seeing Saehee of Starkiss fame after they were spotted on a public date.

 

However, the issue has now been reopened with C&M Entertainment and Han Minjun's joint lawsuit against the actress. C&M CEO Sung Hyunsoo is reported to have various evidences indicating that not only has Dami stalked Han Minjun, but she has also targeted the four members of girl group Starkiss following the discovery of the relationship between Saehee and Minjun, as well as the five members of labelmates Dong Bang Shin Ki. At press time, Dispatch is unclear of Dami's motives in targeting DBSK, but allegedly much of the evidence given to authorities focuses on them rather than Starkiss.

 

Sung Dami has also been linked to DBSK's onstage M! Countdown mishap yesterday when the perpetrator confessed that Sung Dami had requested her to “cause an accident” for DBSK lead singer Kim Jaejoong in exchange for helping her kickstart an acting career. Jaejoong was not seriously injured in the incident, but he and DBSK member Park Yoochun did suffer minor injuries as a result of their vision loss from the high beam interference. Mnet has also confirmed that several nearby fans were taken in for medical attention after complaining of seeing spots following the incident.

 

Sung Dami was taken in for questioning by police late last night, and the investigation into the charges filed against her is ongoing. Dami personally contacted Dispatch with contradictory claims that she had evidence of both a relationship between Kim Jaejoong and Starkiss vocalist Park Soorin and Jaejoong and DBSK lead dancer Jung Yunho, both of which have been the subject of fan speculation over the past few months. Dispatch contacted Sung Hyunsoo for a statement about these claims:

 

“Fans are already well aware that Jaejoong ah's closest friends are Soorin and Yunho, so it would come as no surprise to me if someone stalking them was able to find evidence of them being together frequently,” Hyunsoo said, dismissing Dami's statement. “However, any evidence would continue to point only to the truth: that very strong friendships exist between the three.”

 

Sung Dami's camera was confiscated at the scene, but no report has been made about the nature of the photos on her SD card.

 

Stay tuned to the Dispatch website for more details on this developing story.

 

“I guess we weren't able to keep Soorin noona out of the papers completely,” Changmin sighed. “But this sure doesn't look good for Dami's credibility.”

 

“You should see what they're saying online,” Saehee said. “The good news is that Minjun's fanbase has forgiven me since they've found someone they hate even more. The better news is that your fanbase is already pulling out their torches and pitchforks over this. They're furious about what she did. And that single of yours? The pre-orders were selling like crazy before the news broke, but now the physical sales of your album are through the roof. Someone started a 'Support C&M' campaign online, so everybody's buying Rising Sun for solidarity.”

 

Junsu peeked out the window. “The building's surrounded by press. Looks like we're going to have to camp out here for awhile.”

 

Yoochun shrugged. “We were probably going to, anyways. Hyunsoo nim has to coach us on how to handle the situation, and since our album was only released this morning, most of our promotions start tomorrow.”

 

Soorin, who had somehow slipped out of the break room without anyone noticing, snatched the Dispatch from Jaejoong's hands and skimmed it. Her expression tightened little by little as she read the words. “This evidence she says she had about me... that was true, wasn't it,” she said, pointing to the bottom of the article.

 

“It's taken care of,” Jaejoong said quickly.

 

“What pictures did she have. Was it at the bookstore or the hospital.” Soorin's hands were shaking, and she lost the questioning inflection she had been improving over the past year. “Does she know about my father and mother.”

 

“No, she doesn't. She assumed we were on a date and didn't investigate further. Everything's safe, noona. You don't have to worry.”

 

She took a deep breath, her expression relaxing. “You knew that she had those pictures?”

 

“She was trying to blackmail us over several things. That was one.”

 

“But we made sure those pictures were destroyed before she could do anything with them,” Changmin said. “So there's nothing to worry about, noona.”

 

Her eyes widened. “Wait. You all tried to protect me? Not just Jaejoong ah?”

 

“Friends look after each other, right?” Yoochun reminded her.

 

Tears welled up in Soorin's eyes, and she threw herself at the closest member, which wound up being Changmin. “Thank you,” she sniffled. “Thank you so much. I'll repay you. All of you.”

 

Changmin looked panicked for a moment, but eventually patted her on the back awkwardly. The five of them smiled at each other, and Saehee shook her head in amusement.

 

“You've got really good friends, sunshine,” she said, gently prying Soorin off of Changmin. “Now let's both you and I be more careful about who we get caught going out with. I mean, if Gaeun unni can get away with dating someone for around six years, you'd think we'd be able to do better.”

 

“I'm not dating Jaejoong ah.”

 

“And yet you've still gotten caught twice 'not dating.' When you start going out for real, you're going to get figured out in the first ten seconds, I swear.” Saehee chuckled. “Anyways, let's go rescue Gaeun unni and Brie ah from the break room. We have some chatting to do with Hyunsoo nim on how publicly handle this 'scandal'.”

 

They spent most of the day discussing how to handle their roles in the case with Hyunsoo nim and drafting their statements for both the police and the press. Hyunsoo nim insisted that they were to limit their public discussions of the lawsuit to their official statements and to not offer any further information to anyone who asked during their interviews. “DBSK in particular, you will be in the middle of promotions when all of this is going on, and you need this to be about Rising Sun and not anything else.” He looked back and forth between Soorin, Jaejoong, and Yunho. “The police have contacted me about Dami's camera. None of the pictures are incriminating towards any of you, so you may promote without fear of further scandal. Be on your guard, though. I doubt that will keep her from making accusations, though I bet there are more people out there who will question her mental state than pay any mind to what she has to say.”

 

During a break, Jaejoong pulled out his phone and began scanning the milder forums for a clearer idea of how people were reacting. One thread in particular caught his eyes. Can someone please explain to me why this girl would dare to hurt the DBSK oppas?, the OP had written. I'm not justifying it, but her stalking Starkiss makes a little bit more sense. We all know she would go psycho on Saehee uni for dating Minjun oppa, but what did Jaejoong oppa have to do with it? I got chills when I read about her asking someone to cause an accident for him!

 

I know someone who knew an extra from their “Rising Sun” video, someone else wrote back. Apparently, Dami was all over Yunho during the shooting, so I think she was after DBSK for that reason. But Jaejoong oppa in particular? Maybe she knows about Yunjae and saw him as a threat?

 

Hul... so Yunjae is even known to low lifes like her? I hope Jaejoong oppa was the one to turn her in. Or Yoochun oppa, who she hurt.

 

As if Yunho oppa would ever choose someone like her... someone who would hurt his beloved members, his beloved Jae...

 

That evidence she said she had on Yunjae... I wonder if it was real?

 

Either she was lying or Hyunsoo appa had it destroyed. He wouldn't have risked letting something like that leak.

 

If it's true, wouldn't that mean she was telling the truth about having evidence against Soorin unni and Jaejoong oppa, too?

 

Kekekeke, you think Jaejoong oppa is such a player that there would be evidence of him dating two people? Either she was lying about both, or misinterpreted one or the other. I mean, if she was stalking him, she would probably know if he was seeing someone, right?

 

I hope it's Yunho oppa...

 

Me too... Soorin unni feels more like she'd be someone who oppa would go to with complaints when Yunho oppa is being troublesome T_T

 

HA! I bet this is proof that Yunjae is real. Too bad if Dami knows, because no one will believe her. That's what you get for being a lying .

 

I hope they lock her in prison and throw away the key.

 

Jaejoong shut off his phone, biting his lips. Really, how much did they know about him and Yunho? Was this really okay? Was he right in hoping that having this support would protect them in its own way?

 

“Jae,” Yunho said, startling him out of his thoughts. “We're going back to the dorm for now. Security is escorting us out. Ready?”

 

Jaejoong glanced around. “Where are the other three?”

 

Yunho grinned. “The friend who brought Dami to the karaoke party felt guilty about the situation, so he sent me some tickets for box seats for the soccer game this evening. I handed them off to Junsu, and he took everyone off with him.”

 

“Is that okay to do right now? The press is after an interview with us!”

 

“They have private seats, are taking Yongsoo hyung with them, and are wearing their face masks and beanies. Unless they do something absolutely stupid, they'll be fine.”

 

“And why weren't we invited?”

 

“Because you're going home to be punished.”

 

“Punished?” Realization suddenly dawned on Jaejoong. “Thoroughly punished, I hope.”

 

“Or maybe the better way to punish someone like you would be to do nothing at all?”

 

“And where would be the fun in that?”

 

It was mob scene outside of the company, but security quickly ushered them into their van, and their driver wove his way through the throng of reporters wanting a comment on Dami. Jaejoong watched them pass through the tinted glass. Even if they asked, there was only so much they would ever know about the situation. He still carried the worst of the burden in his own heart, but knowing Yunho would be there to help him made the residual pain lessen. He wasn't alone. He hadn't been for years now; the thought still felt novel, but it was the truth all the same.

 

Their driver stopped in front of their dorm and saw them safely inside. It was unusually quiet, and the thought of them being alone with nothing to come and hinder them made Jaejoong shiver. “How long do these games usually last?” he asked, going through the room, shutting all the curtains tightly.

 

“Long enough.” Yunho placed a hand against his waist and rubbed it gently. Jaejoong dropped the curtains in his hands and turned around to face him. Yunho simply looked at him for awhile, then reached his hands out to press against his face. They were warm. Jaejoong had been without them for long enough to appreciate that now more than ever. These were the hands that pulled him off the grounds years ago, that had held him tightly, that had promised not to let go. He closed his eyes and leaned into his touch. He couldn't afford to lose something so precious as this. It took a special kind of strength to protect something so strange and formless, but he was sure now that he had that strength somewhere in him. As selfish as it was, this person was his and his alone.

 

Yunho leaned in and kissed him, pulling him closer by the waist. When they'd come home the night before, Jaejoong had done the same thing, pulling him into their music studio and locking the door, but there had been limits on their time, then. There hadn't been enough time to release all of their want and frustration, only a moment to take from each other what they hadn't been giving before the others came around, pounding on the door and demanding to know what had happened with Dami. It had satisfied him only a little, just a small portion of all he wanted to feel now that they'd reconciled and protected each other, but he knew that the life they were living now didn't have that perfect freedom. They had to take what moments they could and know that getting too greedy could destroy them. But everything about this moment felt free. Yunho's lips fitting against his as if they'd never been lost, the hand against his waist slowly guiding him to bed.

 

It was a little weird staying in the mood with the other members' beds right there, still wrinkled from the night before and strewn with their clothes, but Jaejoong quickly put that out of his mind when Yunho leaned his forehead against his. “Jae?”

 

“Mm?”

 

“I'm not mad about you trying to help Soorin noona. I saw that look on her face this morning when she thought Dami had uncovered information about her family. That kindness inside of you... it really is so beautiful.” He ran his hand against Jaejoong's face. “You understand why that could make me envious sometimes, though? That other people have that kindness as much as me?”

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

“Good. But all the same, it makes me happy to see you treating the people around you so earnestly, because I know how much that reflects back on your heart. So you ought to know that this punishment is not for you staying silent to protect noona and the rest of us. This is for you trying to punish yourself without letting me the chance to heal your heart for so long. All right?” He pressed his lips against Jaejoong's carefully, then pulled away so soon that Jaejoong instinctively whined. Yunho laughed lightly and ran his thumb against Jaejoong's lips. “And it's not a proper punishment if I do every little thing for you. Aren't you the one who owes me an apology?”

 

Jaejoong his lips, glancing up to meet Yunho's eyes. “If this is a punishment, I should be bad more often.”

 

“I'll only accept lewd kinds of badness from now on, so don't get any ideas.”

 

This time Jaejoong joined their lips together, moving so he was straddling Yunho. It had been so long since they'd done this, but his body knew who he was with and instantly filled with desire. How could we be this way with anyone else but each other?, he wondered, sliding his fingers down Yunho's chest to the hem of his shirt. It has to be him for me. If it's the same for him, I have to understand how blessed I am and never worry about anyone destroying that again.

 

“Hey, Yun ah,” he said, hovering over Yunho's lips and whispering into them.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“We're famous, did you know?”

 

“Uh... yes... I was there when we debuted, remember?”

 

“No, I mean us.” He pecked Yunho's lips. “The Yunjae couple.”

 

“Ah, didn't Junsu mention something about that?”

 

“It's true. People are supporting us.”

 

“That doesn't actually help us with people like Dami, does it?”

 

“Maybe not now.” Jaejoong linked their fingers together. “But people who know and still love us has been able to take us this far. Maybe our fans will be able to take us even further. I want to believe that. I want to believe that one day, whether it's ten years from now or thirty, I absolutely will not have to hide from anybody who it is I love.”

 

“I hope so, too,” Yunho whispered back. “So everyone knows this beautiful person is mine.”
 

“So everyone knows that the beautiful me is yours.”

 

Yunho sighed, tapping him on the shoulder in mock annoyance. “Yah, for someone who is supposed to be punished, you're being rather self-centered. You better get to work putting that cute little mouth of yours to better uses.”

 

“Yes, master,” Jaejoong said teasingly, inching his hands towards Yunho's belt.

 

“And Jae?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“You really are so beautiful. Since I met you, I really haven't looked twice at anybody else. Loving someone as much as I love you... really, how would I be able to do that in one lifetime?”

 

Jaejoong smiled. “I know,” he said. “You don't have to say it anymore if you don't want to. I know.”

 

“Why would I stop saying something that makes you smile like that?”

 

“Hmm...” His smile turned into a wicked grin. “Maybe because I'll make it so you can't talk at all?”

 

0o0

 

The soccer game went into overtime, so they wound up doing much more than they should have considering the fact that the rest of their promotions kicked off the next day. Jaejoong spent some quality time with his heat pack, but was still a little bit slow on their dance performances the next day, which he hoped the audience would chalk up to his injuries from the M! Countdown performance, though anyone who'd been there knew it was his hands and wrists he'd bruised and not his legs. The fact that Yoochun was worse off than him with his taped up knees made him fairly confident no one had noticed to begin with.

 

Their post-scandal interviews were surprisingly easy to navigate. Only tabloids were brazen enough to ask them to address the issue directly; the others only brought it up vaguely by asking if Jaejoong and Yoochun were recovering well. Their album had hit number one by a massive margin, so they were instead questioned about that, which they were all more than happy to talk about.

 

The rest of their time was devoted to prepping for their concert, which had already sold out, much to their amazement considering the size of the venue. With their stage and set-list finalized, they got to play around with moving around the set and using the special mechanisms C&M had secured for them. Jaejoong still couldn't imagine the venue filled up all the way, but the mere thought of the room being covered in screaming fans with red lightsticks took his breath away.

 

“And then we're going to Japan after this,” Yunho sighed, looking out over the invisible crowds. “What if we get to perform at a Dome one day? They're, like, twice the size of this.”

 

“We should worry about actually having Japanese fans first,” Changmin pointed out.

 

Urusei. You ranked higher than the rest of us on the proficiency test, so if anyone's able to win them over, it's you.”

 

“How did you manage that, anyways?” Jaejoong asked. “I thought I would beat you because I'd learned so much to be able to write Japanese songs.”

 

“There's a lot of good food in Japan,” Changmin said. “I wanted to make sure everyone knew what I was saying when I wanted to eat.”

 

“Good,” Yunho rejoined, smacking him on the back. “The fact that you're the best means that you can give extra tutoring to Junsu. I'm pretty sure he hasn't learned anything other than telling stupid jokes since we increased our lessons.”

 

“Hey!” Junsu yelled. “We'll need those jokes onstage when you're busy being your unfunny self!”

 

“Guys!” Yongsoo snapped, clearing his throat. “As happy as I am to see you all in good moods again, try to focus.”

 

The five of them just laughed. It felt so liberating that Jaejoong wanted to reach out and hug them all for standing beside him as well as they had.

 

“Is it really okay to be leaving the country with all of this still going on?” Yoochun asked, lowering his voice. They'd all filed their statements, but Dami's legal team hadn't responded yet about a plea deal or a declaration that they were taking it to court. Dami had already been dropped from her agency, current drama, and endorsement deals when Dispatch leaked a portion of the hundreds of photos she'd taken of them, but they still didn't know how far it was going to go.

 

“I think it's pretty obvious that she's guilty,” Yunho said. “I mean, they can try to factor whatever mental health issues she probably has into it, but there's no way she's going to be able to come back to the industry. Anyways, we're not pressing charges individually. C&M is taking care of it, and can represent us if need be.”

 

“I was hoping we could at least be involved a little,” Junsu admitted. “What if it wound up being cool, like Vampire Prosecutor?”

 

Everyone rolled their eyes, and finally took Yongsoo's advice to get back to their places on stage, all except Junsu who yelled at them for taking him lightly. The audience section really did stretch out so far. Jaejoong closed his eyes, imagining an ocean of red swaying in front of him, strangers joined together in their name. It felt too surreal. Just weeks ago, he thought himself on the verge of losing everything, but everything that had been at risk had helped to save him instead. He felt the stronger for it now. Dami had picked at his weaknesses, pinpointing the exact things that had made him insecure when he was younger, but she had not broken him in the end. The places she'd clawed at now felt tougher, and it would take much, much more to threaten him now.

 

He opened his eyes again. There was no one there now, but he knew they were coming, to stand beside him and all five of them. He wanted to see them so badly, to let them know that no matter who tried to bring them down, there would always be a DBSK for them to put their faith in even when things looked at their bleakest. They had gotten through this and would get through much more, as long as they were together.

 

 

 

 

The feeling of love 
I wasn't sure of it at first, so I didn't trust it 
Because we're together 
Deep in my heart 
Pain silently melts away 
Now I'll wipe away the tears and pour in happiness
When I hold you in my arms 

Your love is all I need 
We're not alone, it might be early but 
I will let you know 
Baby, I'm not afraid of what will come tomorrow 
If we're together
Always believe me