One Kiss

Song For You

A/N: This chapter comes to you after a lot of technical difficulties with my computer, so I'm so relieved I was able to get it up! My computer seriously wouldn't open the file this morning, but after messing with the settings and offering up some hardcore prayers to the rising gods of the east and vowing eternal devotion of DB5K and Yunjae, I finally got it to work. I hope you enjoy it!

 

 

ONE KISS

 

 

Jaejoong woke to Yunho's hands shaking his shoulders. “You slept through the alarm,” he said. “Are you good to get up and go to work?”

 

 

“Work?” Jaejoong echoed. Ah, the market. Real life. He rose to his feet groggily. He'd slept for hours, and it felt like he could still go for a few more. His body felt heavy, but he'd luckily avoided a sunburn or any major insect bites. If he woke himself up properly, he'd be fine for a day of work. Other than the whole part about him and Yunho never having a moment to finish their conversation, everything else was fine.

 

 

 

The market was as hot as ever, and it was hard to believe that only a day ago they had relaxed in the cool waters of the lake. He tried to draw the memory up again, but all he could think of us was clinging to Yunho's broad and wet back as they swam together. They'd brought their spritzers along with them again, but nothing could bring back the sweet feeling of coolness surrounding them, only broken by the warmth of each other's bodies.

 

 

“You look a million miles away,” Yunho joked. “Are you thinking of being back in the pension, too?”

 

 

“It's tempting...”

 

 

“Very. But there are good things about being back, too.” Yunho grabbed his spritzer and sprayed himself on the back of the neck. “I hope you don't mind, but I stayed up last night and worked on the melody of your song. I was worried it might wake you up.”

 

 

“I was out like a light,” Jaejoong laughed. “Unless...”

 

 

“Unless?”

 

 

“Were there violins?”

 

 

“Lots of violins.”

 

 

“In that case, I think it seeped into my dreams a little bit. It was beautiful, from what I heard.”

 

 

Yunho grinned. “I was hoping you would think so. It had to be perfect, to go along with your song. This is the one. It has to be the one you audition with.”

 

 

“Don't I get to decide that?”

 

 

Yunho took Jaejoong's hands in his and held them tightly. “Please,” he said, using his best begging voice. “Please pick it it. When those words and that melody come together, it will be beautiful. You put your heart into those lyrics, and I put my heart into the music, so when they're together, it'll be like...”

 

 

Our hearts are becoming one, Jaejoong finished for him in his head. He wanted to know what that felt like, too. They were coming so close, but there was still a line they weren't crossing yet. He couldn't take that first step, but maybe his song could.

 

 

“Once we finish the song, we'll have to worry about dancing,” Jaejoong pointed out. “I can copy off the idols on TV sometimes, but I don't know the basics very well.”

 

 

“We can worry about that later,” Yunho said quickly. “You can get training for that at the agency, you just need to be able to show you don't have two left feet or anything. If they're going to pick you, it's going to be based on your voice.”

 

 

“Or because my sister is dating the producer.”

 

 

“They don't know that. Besides-” Yunho tugged Jaejoong's hands, nudging him forward, “-they'd have to be idiots not to see the beauty in your songs. And that's not because of anyone else. It's because of you.”

 

 

And because of you, he thought. You were the one who gave me back my heart.

 

 

“You guys are on shift right now, aren't you?” The two of them glanced to the front of the stall where Yoochun was standing, looking terribly amused. “I mean, if you insist on flirting in an open market in broad daylight, that's none of my business, but it may raise a few eyebrows for some of your customers.”

 

 

“And why are you interrupting?” Yunho asked, still holding onto Jaejoong's hands. “We're having an important chat, and it's not like anyone's out now, anyways. They all came to the stall earlier, when it was cooler.”

 

 

“The ahjummas at the other stall are gossiping.” Yoochun batted his eyelashes and adopted a woman's voice. “Ah, there's nothing like skinship between best friends. It's so absolutely heartwarming.”

 

 

“Let them,” Yunho said. “What do you want?”

 

 

“I was going to stop and grab some popsicles, and I wondered if either of you wanted one. I forgot that you could be sweet enough on your own.”

 

 

“I'll pass,” Jaejoong said. His whole misunderstanding with Minhee had started off over popsicles, so he thought it was best to avoid them for now.

 

 

Apparently Yunho remembered, too. “I'll pass as well. Now go away.”

 

 

“I feel like I should stick around to protect Jaejoong hyung from you.”

 

 

“If you don't go, Jaejoongie will have to protect you from me.”

 

 

“Fine, fine. Just don't do anything too embarrassing in front of the ahjummas.” Yoochun waved goodbye, smiling at Jaejoong as he turned away. See?, he seemed to be saying. Who was right all along?

 

 

“We had to put up with him all weekend,” Yunho said, giving Jaejoong's hands one last squeeze before dropping them. “So let's not be interrupted again, okay?”

 

 

Jaejoong nodded, his heart thudding nervously. “Okay,” he whispered. If I can't let myself be happy now, then when?, he repeated to himself. If we're coming to this point, I have to face him head on. I have to be brave.

 

 

“Don't look so troubled,” Yunho said, reaching out to gently biff Jaejoong on his chin. “It'll make me sad, too.”

 

 

Jaejoong shook hishead and smiled up at him. “When work ends, don't go anywhere else,” he heard himself saying. “Let's go back and work on my song first.”

 

 

Yunho nodded. “That's what I want, too. I've been waiting for it since last night.”

 

 

Me too, Jaejoong thought. Even in my dreams, I was waiting to give my song to you.

 

 

0o0

 

 

Yunho sat at his desk, and Jaejoong stood in front of the microphone. Yunho's recording program was open on his computer, and Jaejoong was ready with the words, but they didn't start immediately. It was nervous moment. Everything was changing right before their eyes, and they both knew they were going to tip the scales. It wasn't something they could step into lightly without hurting each other in the process.

 

 

“I remember your first day here,” Yunho said softly, raising his eyes to Jaejoong. “Like it was yesterday. I think it killed you a little the first time you let me look at your notebook.”

 

 

“It did,” Jaejoong said, smiling at the memory. “It was the first time I'd ever let anyone else see what was inside.”

 

 

“And now I've seen almost all of your songs. I feel like I've been able to get to know the most important part of you because of that.”

 

 

“You did.”

 

 

“Not just yet,” Yunho said, smiling. “You still have something more to show me. What was it you said? That when I heard this song, I won't have to worry about holding you back anymore and would stop misunderstanding you?”

 

 

Jaejoong nodded wordlessly.

 

 

“I misunderstood about Minhee. But I don't want to misunderstand about me. So by all means,” he said, starting the back up track, “make me understand.”

 

 

The violins that had haunted his dreams the night before filled his ears, pulling up the words just as they had in his sleep. Yunho held his video recorder in his hands, but he wasn't looking at Jaejoong's face on the screen, but instead at Jaejoong's eyes staring directly back at him.

 

 

Born free, sadly, but one kiss, one heart

With a slowed breath, we share one kiss

I feel it with my eyes closed in this complicated feeling

I'll try to show you a better world

 

 

Jaejoong kept on holding his eyes, even though it was painful, both the love in his heart and the journey he had taken in coming to this moment. Beautiful and painful, this complicated feeling that he thought would never have an exit for someone like him. Will you be able to accept that you were the one who made it both better and harder?, he asked Yunho with his eyes. Can you give me a better world, too?

 

 

Why didn't come my way?

Isn't it too late?

Inside my silence, my away

At the narrowed crossroads, you put wings on me

You showed me the way to go to heaven

 

 

Jaejoong's voice strained as he hit the notes, raw with the emotions he needed Yunho to feel from him. He felt a little less hopeless than he had when he'd written the words, but he wanted Yunho to understand. It wasn't easy. It wouldn't be easier. It was never going to be simple, this feeling, but it would be even worse if never allowed himself to have it.

 

 

Because I was born as me, I couldn't know

About this common kiss, this rough heart

My dear, you taught me the exit to the hidden memories

 

 

Yunho stared back at him, not blinking, soaking up everything. That was why Jaejoong loved him, he realized. In spite of all the fears he'd had, Yunho had never once turned away from his heart or mocked him for it. From the very beginning, he'd been able to look into Jaejoong's songs and see the heart behind him. For the life of him, Jaejoong couldn't understand any more how he had ever thought Yunho was betraying that heart for the sake of someone else. Yunho had never for a second betrayed him; it was Jaejoong who had doubted and who had needed to learn to trust.

 

 

I am... feeling... one kiss...one heart

I am... feeling... one kiss...one heart

 

 

The last words, the last violin notes died in the air surrounding him. Jaejoong held his breath. Yunho didn't shut his video camera off or shut down the recording on the computer. The corners of his eyes were damp; he wasn't crying, but there was moisture lingering just at the edges. Jaejoong had seen him with many different emotions, but never like this. He understands. He finally understands the song completely.

 

 

It felt like hours before Yunho finally set down the video camera and shut off the recording on his computer. He stood up and grabbed Jaejoong's hand. “Come with me,” he said. His voice sounded different, sharper and more intense. Goosebumps raised on Jaejoong's arm when they touched. He didn't know what was on Yunho's mind, but he trusted that what had happened between them was real, and there was no reason to be afraid anymore.

 

 

Yunho led him downstairs and outside to his rusty pick up truck. Jaejoong got inside with him. Yunho didn't flip on the radio as he usually did, which was fine. Jaejoong's song was still ringing in both of their heads, and replacing it so quickly would dispel a little bit of the magic.

 

 

They were only in the car for a few minutes before Yunho pulled off on a side road that was unused and over run with grass. Jaejoong recognized it right away, especially when he hopped out of the truck and his feet landed on the hot concrete. It was still scorching, but since it was later in the day by now, it wasn't as unbearable as it had been in his memories.

 

 

“Do you remember?” Yunho asked, walking to the back of the truck.

 

 

“Of course I do,” Jaejoong said. “This is where we met.”

 

 

“Met doesn't seem like the right word for it. You took one look at me and passed out.”

 

 

“I remembered your voice calling out to me. I thought it would be the last thing I would ever hear.”

 

 

“A good thing that it wasn't.” Yunho climbed into truck bed and pulled up the tarp he left covering the floor. “It wasn't entirely a coincidence that I met you there. It's not like I hang around abandoned roads in the middle of nowhere to rescue people passing out from heatstroke.” Squeezed up in the very back of the truck underneath the tarp was a cheap boom box, which Yunho hauled up into his arms. “I spend most evenings here, after work. On that day, I had the afternoon off and was here a little bit early.”

 

 

His secret disappearances. Jaejoong watched as Yunho set up the battery operated boom box on the road. “Did you practice singing here?” Jaejoong asked.

 

 

Yunho shook his head. “Just watch.”

 

 

He flipped on the boom box, and a familiar pop song came through the speakers. Yunho stood still for a few moments, and then suddenly he was in motion. Jaejoong knew the routine well, and had watched it several times on music shows when it had come out months ago, but Yunho's version was a thousand times better. Each of his movements were fluid and confident, but even more than that, everything he did looked as if it came as second nature to him. As if there were no gears in his head turning as he remembered each separate step, but only instinct kicking in and responding to the beat naturally. Jaejoong's breath was taken away. He'd never seen anyone move like this before, much less someone standing right before him on an empty road rather than someone on a stage. He remembered what Yunho had said the other day about practicing balance, which now seemed like a laughable understatement. Yunho had balance and grace and flexibility in spades, and most of all a natural understanding on the music he was dancing to.

 

 

When the song stopped, Jaejoong clapped for him so hard that his hands throbbed. Yunho looked somewhat abashed, but a little proud at the same time.

 

 

“Why the hell would you make a big point of hiding you can do that?” Jaejoong yelled, because he was legitimately mad that Yunho had made such a big secret of his talent. Jaejoong had hid plenty from him, but he'd been upfront at the beginning about his singing and songwriting, and it didn't make any sense for Yunho not to be willing to do the same.

 

 

“Because I'm not at the level I should be at yet,” Yunho said, biting his lips. “Every time I see another group on TV or watch another performance, it feels like I need to be better. It has to be just right.”

 

 

“What, are you trying to be the best dancer in the world? I don't see how it could get any better than that. You were flawless.”

 

 

“No, there were definitely mistakes. I was nervous because you were watching.”

 

 

“Do you really have so many worries about someone watching? You brought me out here yourself.”

 

 

“It's not that...” Yunho his lips, thinking. “This was pretty much the reason I got in so much trouble with my parents for skipping school. I just wanted to dance all the time, it was like an obsession. But it was also something I had to hide and couldn't tell other people about, or else I'd get in even more trouble. Even when I was dating Minhee... it was like I wasn't dating her at all. I just kept coming back here when I should have been with her because all I could think about was getting better. Even if it was just for myself and no one else ever saw.”

 

 

“Then why... why did you show me now?”

 

 

“I was originally going to wait until the end of the summer, like I promised. You would be taking that secret back with you, and I probably wouldn't ever see you again. But now...” He reached out and grabbed Jaejoong's arms. “But now... when I heard your song, I felt like you should hear mine, if you get what I mean. I want you to understand me, too.”

 

 

He swung Jaejoong around slowly in a dance of a very different kind from the one he just finished. They held each other's eyes as they spun around, Yunho sure footed and smooth and Jaejoong slightly more clumsy. He blamed it on the fact that both his mind and heart were running wild rather than any lack of grace on his part. Yunho was sapping away his control, and the two of them were hurtling towards a breaking point with every step they took.

 

 

“You'll be able to teach me how to dance, then,” Jaejoong said softly. It wasn't what he wanted to say, but it was what came out. What really needed to be said was so much more difficult to express, even though he knew it was time. It was past time.

 

 

Yunho pulled him closer, wrapping his arms around Jaejoong's back while still spinning him around, lifting his feet off the ground. “Is that all I'm good for, Boojae?” he asked, his voice a little bit sad. He slowed his pace abruptly, and as soon as his feet touched the ground again, Jaejoong stumbled into Yunho, knocking them both into the grass beside the road. Yunho had only just barely lost his footing, but he let himself fall back, pulling Jaejoong down with him so that they wound up landing in a heap on top of the tall grass.

 

 

Jaejoong winced at his rough landing on top of Yunho, but froze as soon as he realized just how close they were. Their noses were nearly touching, which also meant that their lips were just inches away from each other. Yunho was looking into his eyes, but his gaze slowly traveled down to Jaejoong's mouth. Jaejoong instinctively looked away, unable to control the madness growing to fever pitch in his heart, but Yunho placed a hand on his cheek and eased his gaze back to where it had been.

 

 

“Don't hide from me when you're in front of me, Jae,” Yunho said gently, running his thumb against Jaejoong's cheek. “I don't want you to think for a second that there's something you can't show to me.”

 

 

“Y..Yunho...”

 

 

“Jae...”

 

 

He wasn't sure if he moved first or Yunho, or if both of them moved at the same time, but suddenly their lips were closer together, just seconds away from touching. Yunho glanced up at him briefly to make sure this was okay, but Jaejoong didn't pull away. He couldn't. He closed his eyes and lowered his body a little more to meet Yunho where he was waiting.

 

 

It was a brief kiss, just a swift brushing of their partially closed lips, but just that small act in itself meant the world to Jaejoong. He had kissed people before, meaningless childish kisses that he had given away because he hadn't known any better, but this was his first kiss with someone he actually liked. No, he corrected himself. Someone I love. As fleeting as it was, Yunho's kiss held a million thoughts they had not yet spoken. A promise of a love that was not alone, and a heart that was reaching out to his.

 

 

He opened his eyes to see Yunho looking back at him with a thick and desirous gaze as if what they had just done hadn't been nowhere near enough. Jaejoong felt the same way, but his mind threw on the brakes he had previously been hovering over. “I-is this okay?” he heard himself saying, though his heart was begging, screaming at him to shut up and take what was given to him without question. “This kind of thing... there will be barely anyone on our side if we do this.”

 

 

Yunho nodded, still not losing the want in his eyes. “I know,” he said. “I know, but I love you. I thought so hard about this after the thing with Minhee. There was no way I would ever get that mad without a reason, and since I knew I wasn't in love with her, I wondered if it was you. And as soon as the thought crossed my mind, I knew I was right. From the beginning, I had been thinking of you. First your songs, and then you. I loved the heart in your words, but it wasn't until you wrote your last song, that I realized that your heart had to belong to me and nobody else. Just the thought of you being in love with Minhee and not me made me want to break something into pieces. I knew I shouldn't feel that way. I knew it wouldn't be easy, and that even if you felt the same way about me, we couldn't be together in the same way other couples can.” He reached out to run his fingers through Jaejoong's hair. “But I love you. So you tell me: if I can't do this, what am I supposed to do?”

 

 

“I don't know,” Jaejoong whispered, tears collecting in his eyes. “I really don't know.”

 

 

“Neither do I. So let's just keeping doing what we were doing.”

 

 

Yunho used the hand still entangled in Jaejoong's hair to ease him down again into another kiss. It was just a light press like the first, but when Jaejoong grabbed the collar of Yunho shirt to keep his balance on top of him, it seemed to draw away a little from his self-control. Yunho wrapped his arms tightly around Jaejoong's back, pulling him closer and deepening their contact. Yunho's lips closed in on the bottom of his mouth, easing it open, then teased the tip of his tongue against Jaejoong's teeth. Jaejoong gasped at the newness of the feeling, but it wasn't bad. In fact, it was beyond what he'd thought it would be from the limited scope of his imagination. Now that he'd heard Yunho's words, he wanted every single little piece of him as a way of confirming that this was real this time, and not just his mind conjuring up fantasies. He wanted to feel all the things he'd never been able to dream up for himself, the realness of Yunho's touch, the beautiful heat invading him, the sweetness of being wanted by the person he loved.

 

 

Yunho pulled away, and before Jaejoong knew what was happening, he'd rolled their bodies over so Jaejoong was the one on the ground and Yunho the one on top with him. Yunho ran a thumb along the edge of Jaejoong's moist lips. “What about you?” he asked. “Did you mean what you said last night? That you've been thinking of me longer than I've thought of you?”

 

 

Jaejoong nodded.

 

 

“For how long?”

 

 

“I don't know,” he admitted. “It was just that the more time I spent with you, the more I knew. No one had ever showed me that kind of kindness before. How could I not fall in love with you?”

 

 

“So should I be worried about anyone else who's ever kind to you?”

 

 

“No, no,” Jaejoong said, shaking his head quickly. “It has to be you.”

 

 

“Why does it?”

 

 

“Because you were the one I fell in love with, and not anyone else.”

 

 

Yunho grinned, leaning down to give Jaejoong another peck. “Good. That's good. If you say that, how could I not do my best to protect you no matter how hard it gets? I'll make sure nothing and no one ever pulls you away from me.”

 

 

He reached down to where Jaejoong's hands were resting on the grass and wound their fingers together before slowly kissing him. Jaejoong shivered, even though it was still hot out. Yunho was almost too good in how delicately he moved, and although Jaejoong was a bundle of nerves over his own inexperience, Yunho led him well, making him feel good all over. As tempted as he was to worry about how Yunho had learned so masterfully, he put it out of his mind. Yunho had said he loved him, and that was something he had never felt for anyone else. That was answer enough.

 

 

Yunho's mouth moved over to caress his cheek, then dropped down to the flushed skin of his neck. Just as Jaejoong felt his mind on the verge of collapsing into the pure bliss of everything that was happening, he heard a buzzing by his ear. He released one of Yunho's hands to swat it, and drew away with a dead mosquito on his palm.

 

 

“Ah, maybe we shouldn't be doing this out here,” Yunho said regretfully. He rolled off Jaejoong and extended his hand to help him up. “I told you, we're not allowed to be interrupted today. Let's go back.”

 

 

“Will Auntie Minjung be home?”

 

 

Yunho shook his head. “Just us.”

 

 

Though the trip back was short, it was agonizing for both of them. Yunho kept glancing at Jaejoong out of the corner of his eyes, clearly wanting to touch him, but the truck handled so poorly that he needed to keep both hands on the wheel. For his part, Jaejoong was practically shaking with both excitement and nervous energy. He had what he'd been waiting for, but his grasp on it still felt so tentative, like it could disappear at any moment. Every moment he spent without Yunho holding him felt empty, as if he had also lost a part of himself.

 

 

Yunho mercifully sped a little and got them back home in minutes. The two of them jumped out of the truck, and Yuhno grabbed Jaejoong's hand and practically dragged him back up the bedroom. All of Yunho things received an unceremonious push off the bed before they collapsed there, instantly entwining lips and bodies as if they didn't have a moment to lose. The short break they'd had before only served to make them more heated. Jaejoong's hands roamed across Yunho's chest, while Yunho's fingers trailed against his waist, making him laugh a little into each of their kisses since the spot was ticklish. His laughter died down a little as Yunho hitched up his shirt a little, exposing his stomach and sliding his palms across his bare skin. The room was hot and stuffy, and he could feel sweat beading on his skin. It was beginning to overwhelm him. It was like when he first saw Yunho and gave into his heat exhaustion, and this time he was fighting to retrain his senses, to enjoy every moment as it came to him.

 

 

Yunho's lips pulled away from his for a moment. “You haven't said it yet,” he said, sliding his tongue across his lips hungrily.

 

 

“I haven't said what?”

 

 

“That you love me. Do you?”

 

 

Jaejoong grinned widely. How could he even doubt that? “I do. I love you.”

 

 

This time, Yunho kissed him harder, pushing him into the mattress to the extent where he heard the springs starting to creak. His fingers tickled against the lower part of Jaejoong's abdomen, and he released an alarmed groan. Too close. He was a healthy teenage boy, so of course he'd thought about plenty of times, but always abstractedly, since being together with someone he liked had always seemed like a remote possibility. Now, all those thoughts came hurtling back at him, and he didn't know how to confront them. Would he be able to do it with Yunho? Of course he wanted to, but there was no way it wasn't going to hurt, and if he hadn't even mastered kissing yet, and wasn't sure he wanted to know just how pitiful he was at love making. And worse, what if the whole thing wound up grossing Yunho out? Kissing was one thing, but ...

 

 

Yunho sensed his alarm and drew away. “Don't worry,” he said soothingly. “I'm not going to... not now. God, I feel so crazy right now, I don't think I could without...” He shook his head. “I've only just got ahold of you, finally. I'm not going to scare you off now.”

 

 

“I'm not scared,” Jaejoong protested. “Just... not ready?”

 

 

“That's fine. I just want to hold you now.” He kissed Jaejoong, gently this time, then wrapped his arms around him. “If Changmin hadn't been with us in that room in the pension, I probably would have done this then.”

 

 

“You say that as if you didn't,” Jaejoong pointed out. “Not the kissing part, but this...”

 

 

Yunho glared at him mildly. “You said you slept through the night.”

 

 

Oh yeah, I did. “I lied.”

 

 

“Well, I don't regret doing it then, just that I can't remember most of it since I was asleep.” He took Jaejoong's hand and played with his fingers. “I was worried that you would hate it, though. Up until yesterday night... and even then, I thought you could have just been dreaming. But when I heard your song, I was sure.” He brushed his lips against Jaejoong's forehead. “I didn't mean to cause you any pain. Ever.”

 

 

“It didn't turn out so bad,” Jaejoong said softly. “So don't worry about it anymore.”

 

 

Yunho smiled, and looked about ready to kiss him properly again when his stomach grumbled loudly. The two of them glanced back at the digital clock. It was pretty late in the evening at this point, and they still hadn't eaten anything since lunch. Yunho rubbed his stomach, looking slightly annoyed. “When I said I didn't want anything to interrupt us, I forgot about this,” he groaned.

 

 

“I guess I should go cook something,” Jaejoong said, though he truthfully didn't want to leave Yunho's side for even a second.

 

 

“Just warm up cup noodles or whatever,” Yunho said. “I couldn't care less about food right now, honestly.”

 

 

“Changmin would call that blasphemy.”

 

 

“Changmin isn't here right now.”

 

 

Jaejoong only spent a handful of minutes downstairs warming up some noodles and digging through the fridge for drinks and leftover snacks. Auntie Minjung was going to be back at any moment, and their alone time was running short. Kissing each other when they were alone was one thing, but it would probably be more uncomfortable if they knew someone was in the other room. Although we were outside and out in the open awhile ago, Jaejoong reminded himself. But in a place that was only important to us...

 

 

Auntie Minjung came back only a few minutes after they had finished eating, so they calmed down their want of each other for the time being when they went back upstairs. Yunho uploaded the video he'd taken of Jaejoong singing One Kiss onto his computer, and they watched it together, Jaejoong seated partially on Yunho's lap. Listening to it back hadn't been as powerful as singing it in the first place, but Yunho deemed it the perfect performance for the audition tape, and that it didn't need any more work on it.

 

 

“We can focus on dance, if that's what you really want,” Yunho said, saving the video to his computer. “I've never taught anyone before, but I'll do what I can.”

 

 

“I'll do my best to learn well from you,” Jaejoong said. He just couldn't wait for the chance to see Yunho dancing again, sooner rather than later.

 

 

When bedtime rolled around, Jaejoong got his futon ready on the floor, but Yunho shook his head and pulled him onto the bed. “I want you with me,” he whispered into Jaejoong's ear. “Is that okay?”

 

 

“But Auntie Minjung...”

 

 

“Has she walked into this room at any point when we've been in here during this entire summer?”

 

 

“Point ta-”

 

 

Yunho sealed Jaejoong's lips beneath his own in a rather thorough goodnight kiss. Jaejoong had been a bit drowsy, but he felt himself waking up all over again at Yunho's touch. No good, we have to get up for work in the morning. If we do this now, sleeping is going to be difficult.

 

 

Jaejoong pulled away after awhile. “I'm going to sleep now,” he said, gently pushing Yunho away. “Goodnight.”

 

 

“Yeah, goodnight.”

 

 

But Jaejoong couldn't close his eyes, and his gazed strayed unwittingly back to Yunho's lips. Grinning, Yunho leaned in and kissed him again and again. Before he could stop himself, Jaejoong had wrapped his arm around his back, encouraging him.

 

 

After a few minutes, he pulled away again. “For real this time,” he said, his voice more raw than the last time. “I'm going to sleep.”

 

 

“Sure,” Yunho said, not even making a show of believing him as he kissed the skin of his neck. “Sweet dreams.”