CHAPTER 28 – Your Safety is My Priority (Part 1)

Happy Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yul Seobang, please come and save me..

       Immediately after he left, Jessica starts to look for anything she could use to help her get out from that place. The grip of the handcuffs on her prevented her from making a big move to go anywhere. So she settled down, scanning the room thoroughly; looking for anything that the angels may have left for her. Fortunately, there is.

A home phone.

       It is sitting silently on a table near her. It looked old and seems broken. She’s not sure herself if it can be use or not, but she is determined to try it before jumping into conclusions. Being cautious she is, she checked the place first, just to be sure that Taecyeon is not coming back any sooner. She sighed in relief; thinking that Taecyeon is still far from soon to come back. And so, Jessica locks her target on the home phone which is located on the near table.

       She stretches for it using her right hand. Couldn’t reach. It was probably only 5cm away from the tips of her delicate fingers. She tried again; forcing her body to stretch just a little bit further. Still, it is not reachable for her. Jessica didn’t give up as she searched for a stick or anything that is able to pull the home phone to her reach. Luck was on her side again, she found a 9cm-long, barely rusted metal next to her left foot. She picks it up and begins pulling the home phone with it. Just when the device was about to hit the ground, her reflex was quick enough to catch it in her hand.

       Jessica pressed on the home phone, worried that it might be broken and useless. As she pressed a number, it beeped; the phone can be her savior. She immediately makes a call, dialing Yul’s contact. She anxiously waits for the other line to answer.

“Annyeong~! This is Kwon Yul’s voicemail. Just send your message after this beep. BEEP! Kekeke”

       How excited she was when her call was answered, but it disappointed her as it was just the voicemail. The voicemail of her lover, Kwon Yuri. However, his dorky voicemail succeeded in making her giggle and smile again. She tries calling one more time.

       Once more, she was greeted by his voicemail. Not giving up, she tries again. And again, the dorky voicemail of the person she’s hoping to pick up the phone answered her call. She is in the verge of crying; thinking that she might not be coming back to her family and friends and her lover safe and sound. For the last time, she makes the call.

She waits, waits and waits. “Seobang..please..pick up.” She sounds so depressed.

That’s it. Yuri’s not picking up. He will surely n-

Yuri: Hello?

       Her eyes brim with happiness. “Y-Yuri-ah..”

Yuri: W-who are you?

“S-seobang..” Tears are forming in her beautiful pair of eyes.

Yuri: S-Sica?! Baby! Where are you?! Tell me now! I’ll come and get you!

“I-I don’t know where I am, seobang.. *sobs*”

       Hearing the sobs, Yuri slowed down.

“S-Sica-ah..baby.. W-why are you crying? Please don’t cry. Hush..”

“I..I’m s-scared, Yuri-ah. *sobs*”

       Yuri’s eyebrows wrinkled as she said that.

“Scared? Why? Is someone hurting you?” He asked, worried; it was pretty obvious in his voice.

       Jessica nods to the phone, although Yuri can’t see it. “*sobs a little louder*” The way she sobbed was enough to inform Yuri that his hunch was exactly correct.

“Please..come *sobs* and s-save me, *sobs* seobang..” Jessica covers to muffle her weeping. Yul bite his lips; thinking a way to save his princess.

“Hm, baby.. Can you look out to the window?”

       She calmed down a little, wiping her tears away as she heard him talk again. “H-hm? W-wait..”

“Okay.” Jessica stands up, dragging the handcuffs up the metal pole with her. She discovered 2 open windows, and 4 wood-blocked windows. “Th-the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter