CHAPTER 16 – TaeNy’s Dinner and YulSic’s Thoughts

Happy Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Purple-coloured lines are English dialog*

6.00 pm

TIFFANY’S HOUSE

       Tiffany is preparing for the dinner at TaeYeon’s house. She has been changing her clothing for about 4 times by now. She wants to be perfect for the dinner, since it is really ‘special’ to her.

“Ugh~ What really is I’m gonna wear?” Tiffany said in frustration as she looks at all the clothes she takes out from her closet. “TaeYeon gonna be here soon,” she said again. Tiffany then went to her closet to search again, but then she heard her mother calls her, “Fany-ah~”

“Ne, umma~” Tiffany answers and then went to get her mother in the kitchen. “What were you doing in your room for almost 1 hour now?” Mrs. Hwang, who is preparing a dinner for the family, asks as soon as her daughter came. “I-I was—“ Before Tiffany could continue, her mother asks her again, “What do you want for dinner tonight, dear?”

“Umma, I’m n-not having d-dinner at home tonight. My friend invites me to his house for a dinner,” Tiffany said as she blush just thinking about TaeYeon. Mrs. Hwang turns to look at her daughter as she hears the word ‘his’. A grin can be seen on her lovely face, “Who is he, dear?” It makes Tiffany to blush more.

“U-uh.. He is.. Emm..” Tiffany then ran to her room without finishing her sentence. Her mother giggled watching her daughter like this. “I’ll tell you after the dinner tonight!” Tiffany shouted from her room. Tiffany starts to pick from her closet again. But then she suddenly stops at one of her clothes.

“Hmm.. This is PERFECT!” Tiffany said happily.

-----------

6.20 pm

TAEYEON’S MANSION

       “Umma, what are you cooking for tonight?” TaeYeon asks his mom. “It’s a surprise~” Mrs. Kim simply answers. TaeYeon smiles and change the topic, “Umma, how do I look?” He said as he makes a few manly poses. Mrs. Kim gives her son a double thumbs-up to describe how handsome and neat her son is. TaeYeon is wearing a casual yet nice outfit.

“You are going to pick Tiffany up?” Mrs. Kim asks her son. “Of course!” TaeYeon answers with a wide smile. “She is my PRINCESS and all~” He muttered under his breath but can be heard by his mother. Mrs. Kim giggled, “Arasseo, arasseo.. She is your princess alright~”

       TaeYeon eyes widen, surprised that his mother heard what he said earlier. It makes him blushed. “Y-ye.. I guess, I’ll be going now,” TaeYeon said to her mother. “Okay then.. Remember, drive safe,” Mrs. Kim gets to say before TaeYeon disappeared from her sight.

“Wow~ Umma is really awesome! How can she hear I said that?” TaeYeon whispers to himself while walking towards the front door. “Hyung, where are you going?” A cute voice suddenly asks which makes TaeYeon to stop walking. He turns around to see his cute little brother is looking up to him.

“Hmm... Hyung is going out to get a ‘friend’, HaYeon-ah,” TaeYeon said as he crouches down so that he’ll be the same level as his brother. The front door then suddenly opens, making both of the brothers to look at the door at the same time. It’s Mr. Kim. He just got back from work.

“APPA~!” HaYeon shouted happily and runs to Mr. Kim while TaeYeon just smiles and bows to his father, who is now lifting up his brother.

“Oh! What are you two doing here? And where are you going to go, Tae?” Mr. Kim said as he looks at his older son all dress-up nicely. “Hyung said he is going to get a friend,” HaYeon interferes before TaeYeon could say anything. “Ahh~ Right! I think her name was Tiff-Tiffany, isn’t it..” Mr. Kim said. “Ne! Tiffany it is~ Okay then, I’m going!” TaeYeon said excitedly and left, leaving Mr. Kim smiling and HaYeon puzzled by his hyung actions.

----------

         TaeYeon stopped by at a gift shop to buy something for Tiffany. After a time choosing, he finally picked a beautiful pink scarf. He also bought a bouquet of red roses to go along with it. TaeYeon is getting even excited. He gets into his awesome blue sport car and starts to drive again.

----------

TIFFANY’S HOUSE

“Mom, how do I look?” Tiffany asks her mother as she approaches her. She is wearing a nice pink blouse and white skinny jeans.

“You’re looking fine as ever, Tiff~” Mrs. Hwang replied as she examined her daughter.

       Tiffany just finished preparing herself and is now waiting for TaeYeon to pick her up. Yet she feels nervous and excited in the same time.

DING! DONG!

       The bell of the house rang. Tiffany ran to the door quickly and opens the door. There’s TaeYeon smiling, standing in front of her.

“Hi there, Fany-ah! You look GREAT! Ready to go?” TaeYeon asks politely. Still, his smile doesn’t fade. Wow~ who is this angel right in front of me? He thought.

“Yeah, come on! You’re looking great too, TaeYeon-ah~” Tiffany said and flash him with her eye-smile. It makes TaeYeon’s heart to skip a beat. That eye-smile never fails to make me feel like this, TaeYeon thought.

       Tiffany suddenly hears a whisper saying, “He’s looking good, Tiff...” making her to jump a bit. “Mom! You freak me out~” Tiffany said as she knew that was coming her mother. Her mother just giggled to that. TaeYeon chuckled and bows to her mother, “Annyeonghaseyo ummanim,” TaeYeon do understand English a little, as well as his buddies.

“Okay then mom. We need to go now~ Love you!” Tiffany said quickly and then drags the confused TaeYeon to his car. “Have fun!” Mrs. Hwang said to them. “Err.. Fany-ah.. Why did –“ TaeYeon is then cut off by Tiffany, “Come on let’s go! Your family might be waiting right now.” TaeYeon nods a little but still puzzled and then went to open the door for Tiffany. He gets in then and they drive off.

----------

       It is silent in TaeYeon’s car. They somehow feel awkward because of situation there in right now – Just the two of them, in one car and its night time. It’s the first time to happen between them.

“Oh right! Fany-ah, here is something for you. I almost forgot...” TaeYeon said, breaking the silence. He just remembered about the things he bought for her earlier. He gives it to Tiffany.

“Gomawo, TaeYeon-ah~” Tiffany said in a happy tone as she saw the pink stuffs TaeYeon giving to her. “Sure~” TaeYeon simply replies with a smile on his face.

----------

7.15 pm

TAEYEON’S MANSION

       They’ve reach safely to TaeYeon’s mansion. Tiffany is in awe to see how huge and beautiful TaeYeon’s mansion is. “Is this where you live?” Tiffany asks, but her eyes glued to the mansion. TaeYeon chuckled. I think she doesn’t even know what’s she is saying right now. He thought.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter