The Proposal

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Though she met them before, she doesn’t understand herself why she is so nervous meeting his parents. She was choosing what clothes to wear. Minho was there already according to her maid but there she was still sitting at the side of the bed, undecided what to wear. Chairman Park was still in Japan. “Agassi, he is here already. You should be getting dressed already” said her maid. “Ahjumma, I don’t know what to wear” she said. “Agassi, anything you wear will look good on you and besides, this is a dinner only. You must dressed comfortably” said her maid. “Its’ not that easy ahjumma” and then Shin Hye just chose a red dress and put on her shoes and took her purse. She know that Minho will be irritated already. She was coming down from the stairs when Minho saw her “Finally. What took you so long. I’ve been here for almost an hour” he said. “Sorry, but I cant seem to find the right clothes to wear” said Shin Hye. Minho took her hand and said “Anything you wear will look good on you” and she smiled “ I know but I just want to make a good impression” said Shin Hye.

Their cook went out of the kitchen and asked where to put the box filled with cupcakes. Minho took it “Did your cook made this” he asked. Then it was the cook who answered “ No Sir, it was baked by Agassi” and then he left. Shin Hye laughed with his expression “Yah, I learned baking at a young age. That is my hobby. Later, when you taste it, you be the judge” and then she looked at her watch “Let’s go. It’s almost 7pm”.

Inside the car, Shin Hye asked “Oppa, do they like me because I am the daughter of Chairman Lee or they like me for being me?”. Minho smiled “At first, everything was just about the pre-arranged marriage. But since you were 16, I kept on telling my mom how one day, I am going to marry you and I have been showing her your pictures sent by Chairman Lee, they grow fond of you. My mom loves you. She doesn’t have a daughter and she feels you are her daughter already. So don’t worry. They love you” said Minho.

When they arrived in Lee Mansion, their house was quite bigger than theirs. There’s an infinity pool “Your house is so lovely and I love your pool “ said Shin Hye. Minho took her hand and said “Thank you for that. We can try the pool if you want”. Shin Hye smiled. “Maybe some other time” said Shin Hye.

Mrs. Lee was waiting for them and as soon as they entered the house she hugged Shin Hye. “My dear, it was a nice surprise when Minho said you will visit. Hope you do this often. But since you will be engage already, You can stay here of course” said Mrs. Lee.

“Omma, you’re scaring my fiancée. By the way, she baked this for you” said Minho. “Is it true , My dear” she asked. Shin Hye smiled shyly and said “Yes, Omoni. Hope you will like it” and then Chairman Lee came out from the library. “Shin Hye, so nice of you to come. How’s my Friend? Why he’s not here?” he asked. “Aboeji, my Appa is in Japan right now and due to come back by end of the week” said Shin Hye.

“Enough of questioning Appa, Omma. I’ll just tour around Shin Hye while food is being prepared” and then Minho held her hand. “This is my office” said Minho and they went inside. It was typical office with mini library as well. There was a small couch, computer and she was surprised to find her picture “Yah, why do you have this picture” said Shin Hye. “Not just that one, but there were others as well” and Shin Hye laughed but her heart flutter. Shin hye wrapped her arms around his waist. “My fiancée is touched” and he kissed her forehead. “Come on, I am starving. The food must be ok” said Minho.

The food was great and so was the company. Shin Hye thought. The Lee family was very warm and Mrs Lee was very attentive to her needs. She suddenly missed her mom. Minho must have been observing her. He leaned over and whispered “Are you ok?” he asked. “I am. I just suddenly missed my mom” she said.

After their dinner, they had coffee in the pool side. The pool was so inviting. “Shin hye, your cupcake was so delicious. Hope you can visit me next time so you can teach me how to bake” said Mrs. Lee. “Sure , Omoni. But that would be after the engagement party already. I will be attending the Business Conference in Jeju next week then I am bound to China week after next” said Shin Hye.

“Jeju? I am also attending the Business Conference” said Minho. “Really?, that’s great” said Shin Hye.

“Why are you going to China?” asked Chairman Lee. “ I closed the contract with Kim Industries and by next month, the construction will start. I need to revisit the sit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter