Her Sacrifice

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Spoiler : Contrary to the title, this one is a good chapter ( for me ). Hope you will enjoy this. I don't know if I can make it up to Chapter 30.

=================================================================================================================

They want to keep everything private. Their engagement party happened in a private Villa where only few friends and close relatives are invited. It was simple dinner celebration. Shin Hye didn’t want anymore engagement party but it was Minho who insisted.

One of their guest is Mr. Kim who was looking really frail this time but he didn’t want to miss the event. He treated Shin hye just like his own daughter, the way he treated Geun Suk as his own son. He was using a wheel chair and asked Shin Hye and Geun Suk to tour him along the shore. Minho and Yu Jin let the three go to the shore, leaving them together with other guest.

“Shin Hye, I treated you just like the way I treated Geun Suk. Maybe the two  of you are my ideal kids which I was unlikely to have but I am glad to have met you. I am feeling weak everyday and I feel I am going anytime soon.

“You  will be hearing from my attorney. I transferred most of my business shares to Geun Suk and my properties to Shin Hye while the money, I gave to charity. I am glad to see that the two of you remained friends despite everything you went through” said Mr. Kim

“Shin Hye, you are one tough girl and I believe the only person who can tame you is Lee Min ho. He loves you truly. He defy his father just for you “ and then he looked at Geun Suk “ What you felt for Shin Hye was not love. You felt secured with her and if you continue to be with her, you will end up breaking each other more. Yu Jin was the one meant for you. She loves you and I know you love her just as much” and then he took both their hands, “ I will die a happy man” and then Shin Hye leaned over to embrace Mr. Kim. “Thank you for all your kindness Mr. Kim “ and then Geun Suk broke down :” You’re more than a mentor to me.You’re my Aboeji. Thank you for molding me and making me the man that I am today” and embraced Mr. Kim.

The sun was about to set, Geun Suk and Mr. Kim left Shin Hye sitting on the sand when Minho joined her. “Aren’t you cold? You should be with our guest. Why are you taking your husband for granted” and he pulled her closer to him.


“Oppa, Mr. Kim will leave anytime soon. We know and I feel sad. He was like a father to me. He left some of his properties to me. Did you know that once, he asked me to marry him so that he can transfer all his wealth to me so I can fight your dad? “ she said.

“You didn’t tell me that but Geun Suk did and that made me love you more. It was the easiest way out but you chose the hard way and that is to stay with me.” Said Minho.

“Everything is bearable when were together. I’d rather face hardships together with you, than pleasures but were apart” said Shin Hye.

Minho stood up and  extend his hand to  Shin Hye so she can stand up as well. He pulled her close and embrace her “Shin Hye, things are falling into place” said Minho.

“Oppa, after all this time, did you ever doubt , even for a moment that we will not be able to make it this far?” she asked.

“ I am a persistent man. I am always certain and I am always firm in what I want. More than 10 years ago, I knew then that we will end up like this. I know, because I will always find ways to pursue you. You may not like my ways but definitely, it worked” said Minho

“Yes, It worked , Oppa. You were despicable then. I hate you so much specially when don’t seemed to be intimidated with me, The Park Shin Hye” she said

“Well, you just don’t know how intimidated I am. Specially, when you look at me with those dreamy eyes. Did you know how excited I am the first time I saw you coming down from your car? I was in my car, for my interview schedule when I saw you looking really mad and scary” said Minho.

“Now, you know , you wouldn’t like it when I am mad” said Shin hye.

“I wouldn’t dream of it”  said Minho and cupped her face “ I love you so much and I can’t wait for the day you finally become Mrs. Lee Minho” and slowly claiming her lips for a kiss.

“When that day comes, I will be the happiest girl in town” said Shin Hye

Then someone called them “ Hey you love birds, we have an engagement party here” and both of them laughed.

The following day, it was all over the news “ Heiress to Park Group Of Companies to tie knot with Lee Group of Companies, Lee Min Ho ... if you woul d recall, the proposal of Lee Min ho to Park Shin Hye was all over the news almost 2 years ago but with turn of events, their engagement was called off and Lee Min Ho almost got engaged to Chung Yu Jin. Then YuJin broke their engagement and married Jang Guen Suk. Chairman Lee of Lee Group of Company got caught in a scandal thus everyone is now speculating that since Park Shin Hye was re-installed as CEO and major Share holder for PGC, Lee Min ho may be using her to gain control and once again gain dominance in the Korean Business Industry”...

Shin Hye didn’t finished reading the newspaper. “This is foul. How can they accuse Minho of all people. The press are so unfair.” She dialled his number but he is not answering. “Don’t do this to me Minho” said ShinHye.

She took the keys from her driver and went straight to  LGC. She went straight to his room and then his secretary said that he is still on a meeting and just asked Shin Hye to get inside his room to wait for him. It seems he read the news as well. She was frantic and afraid of what his reaction might be.

She called her lawyer to check on how the news can be controlled. And then they suggested that they just do some damage control.

Shin hye was still on the phone, her back behind the door when she didn’t noticed that it opened already and Minho saw her. He smiled. This is a pleasant surprise. He went to her side and hugged her from behind. Shin Hye looked up and gave him a warm smile. She ended their conversation and put the phone inside her coat. “This is a pleasant surprise, Ms. Park Shin Hye” and he kissed her.

“Are you ok?” she asked

“Now that you’re here, I am ok?” he said.

“Oppa, are you sure? Did you read the newspaper?” she asked

“Yes, and I don’t care. How about you? Do you believe them?” he asked her back

“No, not a single word” she said

“So lets not make a big f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter