Bargain

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye’s head was aching. She has very low tolerance when it comes to alcohol. She heard a soft knock on her door. Her personal maid was there to attend to her needs. “What happened last night?” Shin Hye asked. “Agassi, someone brought you home last night. I didn’t know his name. It’s the first time I saw him. But it seems Chairman Park knows him” said her maid. Shin Hye remembered now what happened last night. And the memory of meeting Geun Suk again. She told herself that it will not happen again. She needs to be tough. She will not be fooled again.

She was wearing a black dress, fitted to her body, revealing her curves. The length above her knee. Then she put on her sunglasses and headed to her car. While driving, she remembered Jin Ho and what he did for her. She somehow smiled but she can’t be swayed just like that. But he really helped her a lot last night.

When Shin Hye arrived at the Park Building, same scenario as before. She has been noticing it. Am I really that evil? She asked herself. Then while walking, she didn’t see someone coming. He was smiling at her and welcomed her . “ Good Morning Ms. Park. I arrived earlier since I need to brief you on your schedule. And starting today, I will always wait for you here at the lobby. Don’t you find it odd that people can’t even look at you and even ride an elevator with you?” Jin Ho asked. Then Shin Hye looked at him sharply then Jin ho said “You’re doing it again Ms. Park. You know it wont work on me. You may intimidate them, but not me. I plan to do my job well “ and gave her a smile. Shin Hye was just looking at him. For the first time in her life, she was speechless. She was about to say something but she decided not to. Her head is aching and she doesn’t want to argue with him. They were waiting for the elevator when Jin Ho said “ Why do people doesn’t want to ride along with you in the elevator? Was it them or You? The problem with you is you’re so snob”  then he smiled and said “ Sorry, I guess I am talking too much”.

When the lift open, Shin Hye went inside and also Jin Ho. The queue was long already and Jin ho said “Come on, there’ s room for another 20 more person. You’ll all be late” and then they all looked at Shin Hye as if waiting for her to agree . She smiled sarcastically. And Then all the people rushed inside. Shin Hye was now in the corner but before people bumped her, Jin ho blocked them by shielding his body. He was too close, their faces few inches away. Jin Ho was staring at her. This is the first time that he was this close to Shin Hye. He knows that she is very beautiful but looking at her this close, his heart was beating too fast

Shin Hye’s eye met Jin ho’s. They were looking at each other and she felt her cheeks burning. This is not good. She thought. She looked on the other side. Jin Ho smiled. He knows he’s on the right track.

As soon as the people stepped out of the elevator, Jin Ho was able to move away from her. Then he said “ This must be the reason why you don’t want others to ride with you. No worries, I will always be there to protect you, Ms. Park “.

Shin Hye was silent. Then when the elevator stopped on her floor, she stepped out, Jin ho following from behind. She went straight to her office. After few minutes, Jin ho went inside. Shin Hye said “ Let me remind you that this is my office. I am the CEO. You’re just my secretary. Don’t dare assume were close. You need to knock before entering my room or just use the intercom. Can you run through my schedule for the day until end of the week”.

Jin ho was looking at her. She’s back to being the fierce Shin Hye and he hates it. From what he got from her previous secretary, he told her the schedule for the day and until Saturday. Upon reading it, he realized that she was really working herself to death. Meetings after meetings. Business trip here and there. Flying to and from China. “Ms. Park, can I ask you something?” said Jin ho. She was writing something when she said ‘What is it?” and then Jin ho replied “Don’t you have any restful bone in you body? Don’t you feel tired with your schedule? I am only reading this and I feel tired already”

“This is the reason why you’re not qualified to be my secretary. I don’t want my staff to be whiners, to complain about work. The fact that you decided

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter