Fair Chance

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Appa, what is this, I cant understand” said Shin Hye. “Later my dear, lets not discuss it here” said her dad. Shin Hye was sitting opposite Min ho. She cant believe that he lied and his dad was an accomplice. In her mind, did they think that she’s laughable? Minho was just staring at her. He can see that her cheeks were red. Knowing her temper, she was probably raging mad but still trying to show composure. After all, more than the engagement, this is business. The merging of Park Group of Companies and Lee Group of Companies.

Chairman Lee said “ Now that these two met, we need to finalize the date of the engagement. It should be the day before the announcement of the merging”. Then Chairman Park said “ I agree with you but let’s leave it to them. More than the merging, I want our children to feel that this is not all about business”. And then Shin Hye leaned over his dad and whispered “ You surprise me. I thought you were just selling your daughter” she said sarcastically making Chairman Park’s expression change as if hurt. Minho saw it and then he in. “I guess I agree with my dad. The longer we delay the engagement, the more opportunity is lost” and then he looked at Shin Hye who was staring in disbelief in what he just said.

Shin Hye was hurt with what he just said. So I was the commodity begin sold here. She said to herself. Then Minho kept on staring at her, as if loving her discomfort. Since they were sitting opposite each other, Shin Hye extend her foot and kick Minho’s leg and he cried “ Yah! “ and then their parents looked at him “What happened?” they asked. “Nothing, I think Ms. Park didn’t do it on purpose. She accidentally kicked my legs” and then Mrs. Lee laughed and said “ I really love this two. They are so cute. Bickering like this” and then Minho said “ You settle the date. I just want to be with my fiancée alone. We’ll just head to the pool area” .

Minho held Shin Hye’s arm and she excused herself. Once outside the function room. Shin Hye was silent. Instead of going to the pool, she was heading to the lobby, as if about to go out already “Where do you think you’re going?” he asked. “I am leaving” she said. “Oh, no you don’t . We have to talk” and then he dragged her into the pool area. “We have nothing to talk about. Let me go” said Shin Hye. “We have many things to talk about and I know you have many questions. If you ask, I’ll answer them” said Minho. Shin Hye looked at him. Then she sat on the chair beside her. She remembered the last time they saw each other. When he kissed her, his parting words were “When we see each other again..”

On Minho’s mind, “Why is she too silent? This is not the Shin Hye I know” and then she looked up at him and he can see that her expression was too hurt, in pain. “ Geun Suk left me for money. He took the big sum of money from my dad. Whatever his reasons then, I didn’t care. I stopped caring because it hurts. People will only use me because I have money. My father would always say that he loves me and his decision will always be the best for me. How can he know that when he didn’t know me at all. When I met you, I thought I saw something in you. I saw someone who is not easily get intimidated by me. I saw someone whom I can lean on. Someone to protect me and someone whom I can trust.  It was too fast, it was barely days but I can feel that this person is different. I want to know this person more. I was hurt when I said hurtful and awful things to that person. I even went to the market where we had our soju because I am missing that person. And I don’t want him to be mad at me” and now Shin Hye’s tears were falling from her eyes. “But seeing how you and my dad planned to deceive me is something I cannot forgive. You planned this all along right? “ asked Shin Hye “I am not proud, yes , I planted this all along. But my intention was to get to know you more. Not as the CEO Shin Hye but the real Shin Hye. I know your reputation. How ruthless you are. But I am curious what made you changed. I knew you since you were 16. We didn’t met personally but I liked you since then. My dad wants also to check how do we go about the merging. He wants to know how PGC operates. The people, their culture and I volunteered myself to do that. Because of you. I want to know you” said Minho.

Minho kneeled in front of Shin Hye and embraced her “ When we parted, I also felt miserable but I am excited with our engagement” said Minho. Then Shin Hye break free from their embrace. “ I think you got it all wrong. The person I like and the person whom I think I’m starting to like is not you, Lee Min ho but the person I met few days ago Jeon Jin ho” said Shin Hye. “Are you crazy? I am Jeon Jin ho.” Said Minho.

Shin Hye stood up “When you introduced yourself to me, it was Jeon Jin Ho. Whether what you did for the past few days were all pretences, I wouldn’t know. You wore his mask” and then when she was about to leave, she said not turning to Minho “We’ll proceed with the engagement as planned. After all, I am more after with the merging. I am putting back the mask Jin ho has unravel. And now, be prepared because the next time we meet, you will see the worst of me” said Shin Hye an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter