Decision...

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Both of them were silent inside Minho’s car. It was raining heavy outside. Even the heaven were tearing up. Minho took her hands and kissed her palms “ All I am asking right now is for you to believe me, to trust me and let me handle my father” said Minho. “Oppa, it’s too easy for you to say since you’re not in my situation. I believe you, I trust you but your father? “ said Shin Hye.

“I cannot trust him also, so I don’t blame you. But don’t ever lose your confidence in me. You have to be strong. I will be strong for the two of us” said Minho.

“Oppa, I lost my family, I lost our company and now, I am on the verge of losing you. I don’t think I can bear it anymore” said Shin Hye, now tears are falling from her eyes.

“You will never lose me. Hold on to my promise” said Minho. And he leaned towards her and cupped her face. “ Days will be more difficult than it is now, Shin Hye. We only have each other. So be strong” and kissed her lips. Shin Hye closed her eyes, and her tears continue to fall. Minho wipe them and embrace her. On his mind, he hated himself. He was too helpless. She was in deep pain and misery.

Minho brought Shin Hye home. It was still early but he wants Shin Hye to rest. “ You better rest. I will see you at the office tomorrow” said Minho. She was standing near were his car was parked. He held her hand and pulled her close, not wanting to let her go. “I will call you as soon as I got home” said Minho. She nodded and watched him get inside his car and drove away.

She was about to enter their house when her phone rang. “Ms. Park, this is Lawyer Song. Do you have time? I will be coming over. I found something and I thought you ought to know” said their lawyer. “I am at home Lawyer Song. I am free. Please come over” said Shin Hye.

In less than an hour, Lawyer Song arrived and they went to her dad’s library to discuss his latest discovery. “Ms. Park,  I received the autopsy report of your dad. From the autopsy, your dad had a cardiac arrest. According to the doctors, your dad had heart problem before, and something must have triggered for him to have heart attack. I checked with Telco all the numbers you’re dad called on the day he died. Prior calling you, he called Chairman Lee. Their conversation was almost an hour. Did you notice something different when he called you? After calling Chairman Lee, he called you” said Lawyer Song. “I notice something different. As if he was having some difficulty. During our conversation, there were intervals as if he was catching his breath” said Shin Hye.

“I also asked them to provide the message sent and received by your dad. They were able to check the Icloud and here’s what I got. His conversation with Chairman Lee :

Chairman Lee : I cannot help you anymore. My father helped you enough

Chairman Park : We need to proceed with the merging even for the sake of my daughter

Chairman Lee : He is your daughter, not mine. I couldn’t care less what will happen to her

Chairman Park : How about my shares? I sold you my shares with the intention that you will help me extend the terms of my loan and acquire new one?

Chairman Lee : Now, you asked help from the wrong person. All this time, I am waiting for this to happen. To see your downfall

Chairman Park : Just don’t involve my daughter. Leave her alone.

Chairman Lee : I wore my mask for the longest time. I made a fool out of you. I don’t have any exceptions. Your family will suffer. I have suffered long enough. Even in fathers death bed, I was there but he asked for you.

Chairman Park : Because you’re father knew all along that you will be like this.

Chairman Lee : No matter what you say, This is the moment I have been waiting for. I will get everything my father gave to you… and I wont spare your daughter

“This is the last conversation logged in your fathers account.  Due to stress from the PGC foreclosure, the potential bankruptcy and thinking of how you will be affected,  you’re father died because of these. And all was orchestrated by Chairman Lee” said Lawyer Song. “We cannot file any charges because everything was signed by Chairman Park”

“Technically , what do I have now Lawyer Song?” she asked.

“Except for this house and a property in Busan, you’re left with nothing Shin Hye. But I am warning you, the banks will be coming after you. They might even get your properties “ said Lawyer Song.

Shin hye laughed “ So basically, I am penniless? Is this a dream Lawyer Song? If it’s a dream, I don’t want to wake up. I want to end all these miseries “ said Shin Hye.

“ Ms. Park, you need to be strong. You are Chairman Park’s daughter. He trained you well. Use whatever he taught you. Remember, its ok to be the under dog now. Let him celebrate and when he’s complacent already, then you can now pounce on him” said Lawyer Song

Shin Hye looked at Lawyer Song “Thank you for being with me and for being loyal to me and to my father” said Shin hye. “I become a Lawyer because of Chairman Park. He was my second father. I will be here to protect you as much as I can “he said.

“But I am poor now. I don’t have money. I cannot pay you” said Shin Hye. “You don’t need to pay me. Just take everything Chairman Lee took from you and that’s enough payment. You have to use your head Ms. Park and not your heart. I know you love his son but now, you need to sort out your priorities. This is your duty as Park Shin Hye, the rightful heiress to the Park Group of Companies” said Lawyer Song.

Shin Hye was inside her room. She was contemplating everything her lawyer said. Use your head. Be the under dog now. Get back what truly belongs to you.

She dialled Chairman Lee’s number. “This is Park Shin Hye. I wish to talk to you tomorrow. Just the two of us” said Shin Hye.

 The following da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter