Against All Odds

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye kept on pushing Minho but the more he tighten his embrace. She stopped from struggling and kept on saying “ I hate you, Oppa. I hate you for making me miserable, for making me worry this much” and Shin Hye continued to cry. She kept on repeating same words. And Minho was just silent. Gently her back. Allowing her to cry.  When her emotions subside, Minho cupped her face and said “Can we talk?”

Shin Hye looked at him and said “ I don’t want to talk to you”. She pushed Minho and went back to the reception to get her coat and bag. Minho was just following behind her since he doesn’t want to create a scene. Shin Hye approached Geun Suk and Yu jin and congratulated them. Geun Suk saw Minho and said “When did you arrived? “ Minho congratulated the two and said “ Just this morning. I am happy for you and Yu Jin” and then Shin Hye said “Geun Suk Oppa, Yu Jin, I have to go now. You know I am so happy for you and then she embraced Geun Suk and said “take care of her” and then she walked away from them. Minho said to Geun Suk “ I have so much explaining to do. I need to pursue her” and then Geun Suk said “She’s just playing hard to get” and he laughed.

Minho ran after Shin Hye who was walking towards the parking lot. He blocked her way, preventing her to move further. “Will you stop that” said Shin Hye and pushed him again. Minho uttered a deep sigh and then blocked her way again.

“Will you let me explain?” said Minho. “ No...” said Shin Hye. “Let’s just talk” he said. “No, there’s nothing to talk about. I don’t want to talk to you” said Shin Hye. Minho laughed which made Shin Hye more furious. “Did you just laughed?” she asked. “Because you don’t want to talk and yet you .were answering all my questions” and then Shin Hye looked sharply at him.

“What happened?” she asked. “Can we talk somewhere else?” asked Minho. Shin Hye sighed and then she said “ We can talk in my house” and then she took the keys from her bag and then he took it from Her and opened the door for her.

Inside the car, both were silent. Shin Hye looked at the window. She closed her eyes. Deep inside her, she was happy to see him. But she wants to teach him a lesson. She will not let him  walk away just like that.

She didn’t realize that she slept inside the car. Minho pulled over and parked her car in the basement. Shin Hye was still staying in the same apartment as before. Minho removed her seatbelt and watching her while she sleeps. He missed her so much. He wants to pull her , kiss her and never let her go. He tucked her hair behind her ears and planted a kiss on her forehead. Shin Hye opened her eyes, their face too close “ I missed you Shin Hye” and then he pulled her for an embrace.

He stepped out of the car and opened her door and held her hand leading to the elevator. Shin Hye allowed him to hold her hand and when they reached her unit, Shin Hye key in her pass code and went inside, Minho following behind.

“Do you want coffee?” she asked.

“Yes, please” said Minho

She started preparing the coffee. Minho was watching her every move.

“Did you know that it’s a bad habit to stare at a lady?” she asked.

“I know, but I can’t help myself” he said.

She handed him the mug filled with coffee and led him at her living room.

“I am sorry” said Minho

“What happened?” she asked

“It was my personal decision. I want my family to be secured first. Emotionally, physically, financially and spiritually. Aboeji stared to manage our own Franchising business in LA. I have to bring back the Old Chairman Lee. His pride and his honour. Omoni , on the other hand got sick and I have to make sure to take care of her. I don’t want to drag you anymore.I know I have been selfish thinking about myself and my family only but I did that because when the moment I return to Seoul, I wont be leaving you again. The moment I came back, I will make up for all the lost time... One year has been so difficult for me but what drives me to hurdle it is because I am anticipating this day. The day when I will be reunited with you. I am not leaving, Park Shin Hye. Wether you like it or not, I am here to stay” and then Minho took her hand and added “ Will you ever forgive me, for putting you in such misery? Will I be hearing the words, I miss you and i love you from you again? I’ve been longing to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter