The Mask they have to wear

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye heard someone knocking at her door. Minho was in bed sleeping. She looked at her watch, it’s 10am. She looked at herself in the mirror prior checking at the window who could be knocking at her doorstep. It was Lawyer Song.

Shin Hye opened the door and welcome him. She was happy to see him. Lawyer Song was 8 years her senior. He is 35 years old. “It’s good to see you Lawyer Song. Minho is here and he said you two are contemplating a plan against his dad. I don’t know what I did to deserve all your help but I am really thankful for staying by my side and being loyal to my father” said Shin Hye. Then she led him to the living room.

“I am just repaying the good deeds done by Chairman Park and this is the most convenient way to pay him back. Ms Park, I bumped into Mr. Kim last time and I told him our current situation. He is very willing to help you. We will meet with them next week” he said.

“But Lawyer Song, can’t we handle it ourselves? Minho will help us. Isn’t it enough?” Asked Shin Hye. “We need more help as much as we can. We should take Chairman Lee seriously. He was ruthless” he said.

Shin Hye let out a deep sigh. She remembered how her dad suffered because of Chairman Lee. This brought tears to her eyes. Lawyer Song approached her and held her shoulder. “Ms. Park, with them in our Ally, we can turn things around. Lee Min ho, Mr. Kim and You, you can defeat Chairman Lee” and Shin Hye looked at him and said “Thank You, Lawyer Song” and Shin Hye smiled at him.

Lawyer Song was looking at Shin Hye. Seeing her smile at him, this is the first time she smiled at him this close. He can’t explain it but his heart fluttered. “Did I miss something” said Lee Min ho as he cleared his throat before joining them in the living room and looking rather pissed. Shin Hye looked at him and she knows he is not on his brightest mood. Lawyer Song immediately put down his hands and move a little farther from Shin Hye. Minho went to her side and put his arms on her shoulder. A way to tell Lawyer Song that Shin Hye belongs to him. A sign of  his possessiveness.

“Oppa, according to Lawyer Song, Mr. Kim will help us” she said. Minho looked at Lawyer Song and said “ Do we need him? I know my father. I can handle him” he assured them. “Yes, but we need more allies. We need to increase our connection. Mr. Kim has share in PGC. If your dad will give you his shares, we need to ensure majority of shares will benefit Shin Hye” said Lawyer Song.

“I understand. So do we need to meet with him?” he asked. “No, you cannot meet with him. You need to gain your father’s trust. You need to cut all connections with Shin Hye for the meantime. Follow what he wants” said Lawyer Song.

“That’s impossible. Do you want me to get crazy?” he said. “I can think of other plans but not cutting connections with her” he said. “You wont agree with him, right?” asking Shin Hye. “Oppa, I think Lawyer Song has a point” said Shin Hye.

“I think I have to leave. You two decide on this. Call me if you have already decided” said Lawyer Song.

Then Lawyer Song turned to Shin Hye “We’ll think of something. Don’t worry too much. I am here” and then Shin Hye led him to the door and left. She closed the door behind her. Minho was sitting on the couch looking at her.

“ I thought I like him but right now, I am positive , I don’t” said Minho. “Why?” she asked. “I sense something different. The way he look at you, the way I caught him touching you” he said. “Yah, Oppa. Are you saying that…” she said, then he interrupted her “ Yes, he likes you and I can sense it” he said. “He is just our family lawyer” she said. “ I know men Shin hye, I told you so many times. And now, if Mr. Kim will help, chances are that Geun Suk will appear as well. And he wants me to cut connections with you?” he said.

Shin Hye sat on his lap and said “ First, it’s your problem because you chose a pretty girl friend. Second, I can’t help it if men can’t keep their hands to themselves where I am concerned “ and she continue to laugh and then she added “ and lastly, no matter how they admire me or like me, my heart only belongs to one person. And that person is you, my one and only love, Min Ho Oppa” and she moved her face closer to him , few inches separating them “ I am so deeply and madly in love with you” she said as she kissed him on his lips.

Minho said to Shin Hye while preparing their lunch “Shin Hye, we need to be apart for the meantime. I don’t know how we can start but after giving it a thought, Lawyer Song is correct. We cannot take my dad less serious. I know that he will not stop unless he see us apart and I want him to believe that way” said Minho.

“Oppa, I will have to quit as your personal consultant” she said. “No, you wont have to quit. I have to show to my dad how I will fall out of love for you. This is not easy Shin Hye, for me an

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter