Tantrums

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lee Family was waiting for Chung Family. They were one of Korea’s richest family engage in Car Manufacturing. When they arrived, Chairman & Mrs Lee together with Minho stood up and greeted them. Chairman Chung introduced his daughter to Lee Family. " This is my daughter  Chung Yu-Jin. She’s my youngest"  She bowed to Mr & Mrs Lee and smiled shyly at Minho.

During the discussion, Minho was silent. He caught Yu Jin stealing glances at him. Chairman Lee said “We need to schedule the engagement as soon as possible”  Minho stifled a laugh. He leaned closer to his father and said “Famous last words. That was the same line you said to Chairman Park” and then he look at Chairman Chung. “It’s been a pleasure meeting you and your daughter but I need to rush. I have a date with my girl friend” said Minho , emphasizing the word "girlfriend" and left the room.

He needs to be like this or else his dad wont believe him.

Shin Hye cooked ramen for her dinner. She turned off the stove and when she was about to put it in a container, she heard her door bell ring. When she checked the monitor, she smiled. It was Minho. She opened the door and Minho was surprised to see her looking so simple. She was wearing a white Shirt, short and her hair in a messy bun and  was wearing her eye glasses.

Minho pulled her close and embrace her. His face buried on the hollows of her neck. “Hmm, you smell good.” And started to trail soft kisses on her neck, up to her lips. “Oppa, let me close the door first” said Shin Hye. “I’m sorry” said Minho. And then he went to sit on the couch. “Oppa, did you have dinner” she asked. “No, I went out  to meet my future fiancée and ended up leaving the hotel” said Minho. “So you met your fiancée. How does she look like?” asked Shin Hye. He could sense jealousy in her voice and he is loving it. “Well, she was about your age and height. Pretty and seems to be nice” said Minho. Then Shin Hye said “So why did you left?” her back turned to Minho. She was near the window. She opened the door and went outside the terrace. Minho followed her and said “Because I want to be with my girlfriend. And now I am happy because I am sensing some jealousy” he said. “Why would I be jealous” said Shin Hye. “You’re not jealous?” he asked. “No I am not” said Shin Hye. “Well if that’s the case, I should have just stayed there. Since it seems ok with my girlfriend” said Minho. “Well, if you want to go back, then go” said Shin Hye and she went inside the room and closed the door behind her.

Minho was smiling. He knows she is really jealous. He went to the kitchen to check on what she’s about to eat. When he saw it was just ramen, he sighed. He put the ramen inside the trash bin. This girl is always making me worry. He went outside of her unit. He will buy their food.

Shin Hye went out of the room when she felt that there’s no movement outside. She was so pissed with herself for throwing tantrums with Minho. It would have been too easy if she just admitted that she is jealous. He left. She went to the kitchen and found that the ramen she cooked was missing. She looked inside the fridge and it’s not there. She wondered if Minho ate it. She shrugged her shoulders, went to her room , changed into jeans,  took her wallet and phone and went outside her unit. She decided to go out. She took a cab and went to the Market area where she & Minho literally had their first unofficial date.

Minho went back Shin Hye’s unit. He was pressing the door bell but she didn’t open. He tried calling her but her phone was just ringing. He entered the pass code and went inside. “Shin Hye, are you sleep. I brought some food” he said. He went to the room and she is gone. She is nowhere inside the room. He went out and asked the front desk if they notice the owner of room 301 going out of the building. They said that she went out.

He tried calling her phone but it’s off. “Where could this girl go?” he asked  himself.

Shin Hye ordered a bottle of soju and grilled pork. This is the first time she went to this place after her father died. So many things have happened. But she felt that these things will only test her. She poured herself a glass of soju. She wondered where Minho is. “Did he return to his soon to be fiancée?” she asked herself, then poured another shot of soju.

She had another bottle of soju then opted to go back to her unit. She was walking along the streets when rain started to fall. She run to the nearest waiting shed. She was  all wet and trembling in cold. Her phone was already battery empty. She can’t call Minho, of all time that she needs him.

She sat on the bench and wondered when will the rain stopped. She learned her head on the post, while patiently waiting for the rain to stop. She closed her eyes. She will not sleep. She’ll just close her eyes. But she didnt realized that she drifted off to sleep already. She stirred from sleep. She didn’t know how long her eyes were closed and how long she drifted off to sleep. Must be the effect of soju. The rain has stopped but she noticed that there was a coat covering her. She straightened up and felt someone is staring at her. When she lifted her head, Minho was intensely staring at her. “Are you stupid?” he asked. “Didn’t you know the danger you put yourself into? “ he cursed under his breath when he saw she was trembling. “Come on, let me take you home” said Minho and led her inside his car. He took a shirt and asked her to change her top. “ You remove your top and change into this or else you’ll end up sick. He went out of the car and let her changed her shirt. Even though its heavily tinted, Shin Hye felt awkward but she did as she’s told.

Minho join

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter