The Gift

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, thank you for patiently waiting for my updates. Thank you to all who subscribed, who upvotes and who kept on posting comments. You really inspire me to write more fanfics. Rest assured that despite my work schedule, I will still find time to write. After all, this is my stress reliever.Reading all your encouraging words, comments and feedbacks are my daily dose of vitamins. Thank you so much. This is the last Chapter and I do hope you will enjoy this one. God Bless us all. 

=================================================================================================================

Shin Hye stirred from her sleep when she felt Minho was kissing her. She smiled and opened her eyes and wrapped her arms around him. “Happy Anniversary” she said. Minho was staring at her. His eyes so gentle. “Happy Anniversary” and continued to kiss her.

Minho put himself on top of her as he continue to kiss her, slowly removing her clothes. “ I can’t believe it’s already our first year anniversary” he said in between his kiss. Shin Hye closed her eyes as he continues to plant soft kisses along her jawline, her neck and down to hollows of her cleavage.”My wife smells so good” he said.

She managed to look at the clock on their bedside table an it’s past 12 midnight. “You didn’t sleep?” she barely had the audacity to ask, too weak because of the sensation her husband was inflicting. “I was waiting for this moment. And yes, I didn’t sleep” and she just realized that he was able to manage to remove his own clothing as well.

He started to kiss her all over her body, making Shin Hye cry out his name. When kissing and touching weren’t enough, Minho was once again on top of her and claim her fullness. Shin Hye embraced him real tight. “I love you so much Honey” she whispered and Minho kissed her forehead before resting his head on her belly “ I love you more”. 

Both of them fell asleep. Minho’s hand wrapped around her, her head cushioned on his arms. His legs entwined with hers.

She woke up when a smell of freshly brewed coffee dominated the scent of their room. She opened her eyes and Minho was carrying a tray. “Breakfast in bed” he said. “Honey, supposedly, I should be the one to do that” she said. “Supposedly! But I want to serve my queen today” he said.

He placed the tray on the side table to pulled her up on her feet. She was only wrapped in bedsheet.He pulled her in his arms and said “ My wife is too fetching but I know you’re hungry. You have to eat. We have a long day ahead of us” he said.

“Long day? You will not go to office today?” she asked.”Well, i have an important schedule today” he said and he cupped her face “ I am celebrating the one year marital bliss with you and I will drop everything just for us to celebrate this day” and then he kissed her passionately, making Shin Hye clamped her arms at the back of his neck. “ Now that perks up my day, My lovely Wife” and then he let her go and took her robe and hand it to her. “Come on, enough of this, you little tease” said Minho.

He opened the bedroom terrace and place the tray outside so they can have their proper breakfast. Minho prepared pancake, sausage, fresh fruits, juice and coffee. He pulled her on his lap. “Honey, there are 3 vacant chairs that I can use” said Shin Hye.

“But I want you this close to me and I want to feed you” he said

He was slicing the pancake, sausage and he was literally feeding Shin Hye. “ I think I ought to serve you like this everyday. I know you’re lonely here in LA. You left your work in Seoul. You left your relatives and your friends just to be with me” said Minho. “ I said before that you are now my life. There was never a time that I was lonely. With you by my side, how can it be lonely. Happiness is an understatement. It was Contentment, it was bliss. Being with you is heaven here on earth” and then she turned herself to him and kissed her and buried her face on his neck.

After breakfast, they received calls from Friends and from Minho’s parents. They were congratulating them. Shin Hye was in the shower when Minho’s mom called. “ It’s your one year anniversary son, I am so happy for you and Shin Hye” she said. “Thank you Omma. Shin Hye is in the shower. I’ll tell her you called” he said. “ So what are you two waiting for? Where’s my grandchildren. It’s been a year already. Don’t you want to have babies?” she asked. “Omma, I would  be the happiest person if  that time come. You know how much I love kids. If the right time comes, and I know it will. “ said Minho.

Shin Hye heard it. She stared at herself in the mirror. Is there something wrong with me. Her heart aches because she can’t give him yet their baby. One time, both of them thought she was pregnant since she was one week delayed but after that, her period came. She didn’t realize that she has been standing for quite a while already, staring blankly at herself, tears fall down from her eyes.

“Honey, why are you crying?” he asked.

She immediately wiped it and said “the lather when into my eyes and I cant help but cry” but Minho didn’t buy it.

He stood in front of her and cupped her face “What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” he asked. 

“ We’ve been married for a year and we don’t have baby yet” and then Minho pulled her close to him. “So what? We have each other. I don’t deny the fact that I want us to have a baby but we’ve been married only for a year. Let’s enjoy each other first. If were meant to become parents, then let’s be thankful but if not, then let’s just continue to cherish each

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter