Lawyer Song

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Minho left the following day. As much as he wants to stay, he needs to go back to Seoul. Shin Hye called Lawyer Song. “Hello, this is Shin Hye. Lawyer Song, I need  a place to stay. I cannot go back to my house” said Shin Hye. “ I already found a unit for you Ms. Park. It’s not grand but I know it will suit your lifestyle” said Lawyer Song. “ Thank you for considering that. But I am not the same Park Shin Hye. I have to adjust with my current life now” she said. “ No, I cannot allow that. By the way, all your bank accounts and credit card were frozen. You cannot use them. But I will give you money” he said. “No,Lawyer Song, you’ve done so many things for me. I cannot accept that” she said. “ It’s not my money. Chairman Park  entrusted to me a large amount of money under my name. I didn’t know why he did it back then, but now, I understand why he did. Though I won’t be able to transfer it under your name” he said. “It’s not much, but it’s enough until you were able to start up. You need to work with Minho as his consultant” said Lawyer Song. “Things will be tough Ms. Park but you have to be tougher and so is Minho” he added. “Lawyer Song, Can I ask you something?” she said. “Can you please stop calling me Ms. Park. Just call me Shin Hye” she said. Then there was a long silence. “Perhaps you can call me too Seung Jun “ Lawyer Song said. “I can call you Seung Jun sunbae” she said. Then he said, “Seung Jun is enough”. Shin hye said, “Ok Lawyer… I  mean Seung Jun, I will be going back to Seoul tomorrow. Thank you very much “ said Shin Hye. “I will fetch you from the airport” he said. “Ok, my flight is at 10am” said Shin Hye and put her phone down.

Shin Hye looked at herself in the mirror. “You will be going back to Seoul tomorrow… you’re a tough person. You’re like your father. You can make it” and then went the her closet and start to pack her clothes.

She sent a text message to Minho. “Oppa, I decided to go back tomorrow to Seoul. No need to fly here in Busan over the weekend”

Then her phone rang. It was Minho “ Well, that seems more ok. What time is your flight? I will just fetch you tomorrow at the airport “ he said. “Oppa, Seung Jun will fetch me” she said. “Who is Seung Jun?” he asked, his voice too irritated. “Lawyer Song” said Shin Hye. “So your now with first name basis with Lawyer Song?” he asked. “Oppa, don’t misunderstood. He has been helping me a lot. But that’s all” said Shin Hye. She heard him uttered a deep breath. “Ok, if that’s what you want then I wont fetch you anymore. If you want to meet with me, just call me. I’m not sure if you made arrangement with Seung Jun as well” his voice sarcastic. “ Oppa, I love you. I’ll pretend I didn’t hear that or else I will be hurt” and then she ended their conversation.

Minho looked at his phone. She ended their conversation just like that. He knows she didn’t like it. He dialled Lawyer Song’s number.

The following day, Shin Hye was bound to Seoul already. She texted Lawyer Song prior boarding, though he didn’t reply. He must be driving she said.

The moment the plane touched down Seoul, Shin Hye opened her phone. Still no text from him.  She disembarked from the plane and went to get her luggage. She tried to call Lawyer Song but his phone was off.

Shin Hye went out of the arrival area and just stood in one corner. Did he forgot that he will pick her up? She looked around and no signs of him. She was about to take a cab when someone took her luggage from behind. She was surprised since he grab her luggage. When she looked around, Minho was there. He was wearing long sleeves shirt and jeans and sunglasses. Shin Hye was puzzled why he was there and Lawyer Song was not there. “Oppa, what are you doing here?” she asked. He didn’t answer and removed his sunglasses and looked at her “ I am sorry for acting that way yesterday. But it’s plain and simple. I am jealous. End of argument” and then he pulled her close and gave her a tight embrace. “I missed you” and claim her lips. Not far from them, Lawyer Song was looking at the couple from his car. There was pain in his heart. Is he falling for her?. Minho called him and said not to pick up Shin Hye from the airport. Lawyer Song complied with a heavy heart and gave the address of Shin Hye’s apartment to him. He saw them left the airport. Soon their car is nowhere visible from where he is parked.

“Where are we going?” she asked. They were in full stop since it’s red light.

“To your new house” said Minho. “I called Lawyer Song last night and told him that I should be the one to fetch you. He doesn’t have any right to do so” he added. Shin Hye looked at him and smacked him on his arms “You didn’t threaten him right?” she asked. “NO, I didn’t. I just told him not to look at you as a woman but as a client. I told him you are mine and … “ and before he can continue what he is about to say, Shin Hye quickly kissed him on his lips. “You’re jealousy is killing me” said Shin Hye and laughed at him. “ But my love is keeping you alive” said Minho and took her hand and kissed her palm.

They arrived in a condominium just few kilometres away from PGC. They were parked in the basement. He didn’t turn off the engine yet and just look at her. He traced her face with his fingers, then his thumb resting on her lips. “ If I will do it my way, I would love to keep you in Busan. But it can’t be helped. I love you Shin Hye, but reality check, things will be tougher now “ said Minho.

“As long as you will not leave me and your love will not waver, I can weather the storm” and leaned over Minho , their face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter