Job Interview

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She was on her way to the office. She barely slept since she finished her presentation for the board of Directors for Park Group of Companies quite late as well. She closed her eyes for a while. She needs to catch up on sleep even just for a few minutes. Park Shin Hye’s driver was glancing at her from time to time. “ Agassi is very pretty but very scary. However, when she’s sleeping like that, she looks like an angel” her driver said to himself.  He was so engrossed with looking at her, when he didn’t notice the red light. He immediately stepped on the break causing Shin Hye to stir from sleeping since her head bumped into the seat in front of her. She looked at her driver angrily. Her driver was now in panic, didn’t know what to do. “I am so sorry Agassi. I didn’t mean to do it. I am sorry. Please do not fire me. I have family Agassi” and then Shin Hye ignored him.

She dialled a number from her phone. “Meet me at the parkway of Park Building” then ended their conversation. She didn’t have the energy to be mad with this person let alone talk to him. She will not stoop down to his level to even talk to him.

As soon as they arrived in Park Building, her driver immediately went down the car and opened her door. He pleaded and kneeled down in front of her “Agassi, please don’t fire me. I need this job. I am so sorry. Agassi, please” but Shin Hye casually told him “ You should have thought that when you suddenly stepped on the break” and then she signalled her bodyguard. “Agassi, please, I need this job. My daughter is sick” but Shin Hye didn’t heed on what he said.

Her bodyguard pushed him off the gutter.

As soon as Shin Hye entered the room, all the staff was greeting her, in a formal tone. “Good Morning Ms. Park “… bowing their head until she already passed by… She was walking haughtily. Not looking at anyone and just headed towards the elevator. As soon as she stood in front of the elevator to wait for the next lift, people are leaving one by one, so she can ride alone.

Every day, day in and day out, this is the scene inside the Park Building. Staffs are so afraid to even steal a glance at Shin Hye. People call her behind her back , devil, ruthless, evil  but she doesn’t care. They can call her anything. Gone were the days when she’s affected with whatever people say.

When the elevator opened, she immediately went inside. No one dared to ride with her. Shin Hye looked down while the door is closing until someone held the door, preventing it from closing. She looked up and saw a man, probably a little order than her. People outside the elevator were just staring at him. Eyes widened.  How did he do that? They know that Ms. Park will not like it. He smiled at Park Shin Hye who looked on the other side. The man said “Going up?” then people just turned their heads, pretending that they didn’t hear him. “This is weird. The line was long enough” he said to himself. He shrugged his shoulders and looked at the lady beside her. “Do you work here Ms. “ he asked. Shin Hye stared at him from head to toe. “Are you new here?” she asked. “Well, technically it’s my final interview today. I am applying as personal assistant to the CEO. I haven’t met her yet. They say she was ruthless. A devil in disguise” and then he laughed. Shin Hye felt colours were rising on her cheeks and then she said “You better be prepared for the interview. What you heard was right. She is indeed a devil in disguise” then the elevator opened. It was her office floor already. She turned her head and gave him a final look before the elevator door closes.

Minho smiled to himself. He knows her too well. She is Park Shin Hye. CEO of Park Group of Companies. He is now headed to the Chairman’s Office. “I’ll see you soon, Park Shin Hye”.

He reached the top floor. Mr. Parks secretary held him for a while to inform the Chairman that he has a visitor. When he asked, he just said “Tell him, I’m from Lee Group of Companies” and then she let him in. “Aboeji, it’s good to see you” said Minho. “Minho, how are you? You’ve grown into a fine man. How’s your father” Mr. Park asked. “He’s good. He’s in Europe now together with my mother. Business with pleasure , I guess” said Minho. “So are we proceeding as planned?” Mr. Park asked him. “Yes, Aboeji. My father and I agreed on this. Since this will be part of our strategy for the merging, I need to disguise myself inside the company. He wants me to have a clear picture of what’s happening inside PGC. And also, I want to know my fiancée a lot better. Not as Lee Minho the CEO of LGC but as Lee Minho, her soon to be secretary. I think 3 months is enough” said Minho, then he added “My secretary has prepared all the requirement and then he handed it over to Chairman Park. “Very well, I will endorse this to my daughter. It will just be a formality of course so she will not doubt. She has been out of control lately and I myself was having a hard time reprimanding her. She didn’t listen to me anymore”. Then Minho said “Trust me Aboeji. This will work” then they went out of the room. He handed Minho’s file to his secretary. “Bring

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter