Back for Good

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was inside her office when she heard a soft knock on her door. When it opened, it was Lawyer Song. He was holding a folder and handed it over to Shin Hye.

“Chairman Lee signed everything. He transferred everything under your name. Majority of PGC shares was returned to you. By virtue of selling the stocks to you, and since I have the power of attorney, whatever he took from Chairman Park, he returned everything Ms.  Park”.

Shin Hye was quiet. Just staring at the documents handed over to her by Lawyer Song. She was on the verge of crying. This was unexpected.

“His lawyer and I met last week and we arranged everything. Chairman Lee must have come to his senses. After all the scandal, this is the best way to clean up his name. And one thing more, Ms. Park, I am resigning already as Legal Counsel of Park Family and Corporate Lawyer of PGC. I know I owe so many things to Chairman Park but I think I have served my purpose here. There was a time that I was blinded with so many things and I am ashamed of myself” said Lawyer Song

“Are you sure about it, Lawyer Song?” she asked. “Yes , Ms. Park. This is the best way. I don’t want to taint the memories of your father, how he helped me to where I am right now” and then he looked at her and added “ You’re a good person Ms. Park. Lee Minho is lucky to have you and your dad brought you too well”. Shin Hye smiled. “Thank you for helping me all along Lawyer Song.Whatever your reasons are in leaving PGC, I respect that. But I want you to know that you are always welcome to come back and work here”.

Lawyer Song left the room. As much as he wants to take Shin Hye from Minho, he cannot consummate his plans. He was indebted to Chairman Park. His memory alone is enough to withdraw whatever plans he have.

Shin Hye was looking at all the documents and wiped her tears. Her father must be smiling down from heaven. “Appa, we won. We succeeded , Appa” and then she tried to call Minho but he was not answering the phone.

The news spread easily and the board appointed Shin Hye as the CEO. Geun Suk is now the Chairman of PGC having the most number of shares, majority came from Mr. Kim.

Shin Hye went to Lee Mansion. It was unusually quiet. The maid asked her to wait for Minho in the library. This was her second time to visit his house and She was looking at some pictures and also some of their family’s  collection.

She was smiling upon seeing Minho’ s baby picture together with his parents. Then she saw an album full of her pictures. She can’t believe how he was able to collect all her pictures.

Without noticing that Minho came already, he cleared his throat and when she looked up, she saw him, standing near the door, his arms widely spread, awaiting for her, to give him an embrace.

“ I missed you, Oppa. How have you been? It’s been more than a week since we last saw each other” and Shin Hye continued to embraced him.

“ I missed you more but Oppa have been so very busy. I wasn’t the finest day for us but we are coping” said Minho.

Shin Hye looked up at Minho and saw traces that he was having a hard time. “Are you, ok , Oppa” said Shin Hye.” We are in the verge of losing our business. It’s the price we have to pay” said Minho.

“How’s your dad?” she asked.

“He is coping I guess but he seldom goes out of his room. Seldom talks to us. Even to my mom” said Minho and she felt sadness in his voice.

“Oppa, I know you’re having a hard time. Sorry for dragging you into this” said Shin Hye.

“It’s not your fault nor mine. We are just victims her. Victims of circumstances but we’ve been through a lot. We’ll manage to overcome this” said Minho

And then, they heard some noise outside. Chairman Lee was shouting and crashing and throwing whatever he can.

Minho immediately went to his dad’s room. His mom was outside knocking. Minho took the keys and opened the door. He saw his father. He was still devastated and Minho can’t help but feel the pain of his dad. “ I am still a disappointment after all these years”. Minho hugged his dad “Aboeji, you still have us. We will not leave you. Omma is still here, I am here” and then Minho called his mom. Shin Hye was crying seeing how miserable Chairman Lee was. She went down as she doesn’t want to further witness their family’s or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter