Defences...

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In her room, Shin hye was in bed already. She was staring at the ceiling when there was a soft knock on her door. It was her personal maid. “Agassi, do you want anything? Do you want me prepare your bath now?” she said. Shin Hye looked at her and said “Ahjumma, am I a bad person?” Shin Hye asked. “No Agassi, you are not bad. I have been taking care of you since your Mom died and I know that Agasssi is a good person” and then Shin Hye looked at her maid. “Is it possible to like someone even you barely know him?” she asked. “Of course Agassi, that is love at first sight” and then Shin Hye said “ I met someone Ahjumma. I don’t know. I’m confused. I just met him yesterday but I don’t know” . Then her maid said “ Agassi, it’s ok to like someone but take some time to know him better. I know what difficulty Agassi has gone through. You have to protect your heart Agassi” and then Shin Hye said “Thank you Ahjumma. I’m ok now. You can leave”. Shin Hye smiled. It will not hurt to get to know him a little better. Shin hye was getting ready for bed when her celphone beeped. There was a message.

Sender :  I know it will not be easy. I know you wont forgive me easily. I still love you Shin hye. Hope you give me a chance – Geun Suk

Shin Hye was staring at his message. And she just deleted it.

Geun Suk was waiting for her reply and when she didn’t he said to himself “ She haven’t forgiven me yet” .

Shin Hye woke up early the following day. Her personal maid was surprised to see her dressed up already. “Agassi, why didn’t you tell me that you have an early schedule today” she said. “It’s ok Ahjumma. I can take care of myself already. You took care of me for the longest time” said Shin Hye and she took her maid’s hand “Ahjumma, I know I have been difficult the past years. Thank you for not giving up on me” said Shin Hye.

Shin Hye was on her way to the office. When she felt something is wrong with her car. She pulled over and went out. It was flat tire. Shin Hye didn’t know what to do. She tried to call her dad’s driver but it was out of reach. Then she thought of Jin ho. When she tried to call him, he was not picking up. She just decided to text him. “Mr. Jeon, please fetch. Just had a flat tire. About  3km away from my house” and then she went back inside and waited for him. Her phone rang and it was Mr. Kim “Good Morning Ms. Park, I would like to confirm our dinner meeting later. Lets still meet at  Hyatt since were staying there” and then Shin Hye “Sure, Mr. Kim” and then he said “ Are you in the office? Geun Suk will be dropping by since I asked him to bring the signed proposal” and then Shin Hye said “ I am on way to the office but I just had a flat tire. I am waiting for my secretary to fetch me” and then he asked “Where are you? I’ll send my driver to help you” . “No worries, Mr Kim. I am ok” said Shin Hye. “No, let me know your location and he’ll be there in no time” said Mr. Kim. Shin Hye gave her location. She was looking at her phone and still no answer from Jin ho. She tried to call it but no response.

Few minutes more, someone parked behind her car. She didn’t know who it was when the driver stepped out, she was surprised to find it was Geun Suk and not Mr. Kim's driver. He tapped on her window and when she opened it, he flash a smile and said “ I am here to save the damsel in distress. Now where are your tools?” Shin Hye was surprised to see him. He opened her compartment and take out the spare tire and tools. He removed his coat and folded his polo and started to change her tire. Shin Hye said “Can I help you?” and then Geun Suk said “ You being here beside me is enough help” Shin hye stared at him. In less than 30 minutes, he was able to change her tire. He was putting everything back to her compartment and then she offered him wipes to clean his hands. Shin Hye said “ you have dirt on your face” and then Geun Suk said “Here?” pointing to his left cheeks, and then shin hye said,” No, the other side” and then Geun Suk said “here?”, and then Shin Hye smiled “Come on, I’ll just wipe it out” and she took the wipes and started to clean the dirt in his face. Geun Suk was staring at her while she’s doing it. He said “ I missed you so much. So much, it hurts”. They must be standing like that for a long time when they heard a voice behind th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter