Retreat For today, Fight back tomorrow

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry for the late update. Since I have time, I was able to update my fanfiction. But first welcome back to @pattituazon...The queen is back! Hope you will enjoy this one. So many twist and turns just like the title itself. But sometimes, we really have to retreat for a time, then come back strong for a bigger battle. Enjoy this one. I find this one exciting... Thank you for your support.

===================================================================================================================

Later that day, they went together to  PGC. On their way there, Minho was looking at Shin Hye. She was quiet. “Are you ok? “ he asked.”Yes I am ok. I’m just tired. You didn’t let me sleep” she answered but in her heart it was a lie. She’s afraid to go to PGC. To once again face the Chairman. Upon reaching PGC building, people were looking at them when they arrived together. He took hold of her hand and started to go inside the building heading to the elevator. There was a long queue and when the lift stop, She and Minho went inside. And before others can get i, Minho said “ Use the next one” and then they all stared at them while the lift closes. Shin Hye said “ Why did you do that?” and he said “ I know you’re uncomfortable enough. I don’t want to put you in same situation again” and pulled her to his side. Arah was there and went inside his room also  and started to prepare everything for  their tour in China. Arah  gave their ticket. “Ms. Park, I booked you on a separate room. You will stay in Shangrila room 1005 while Mr. Lee is opposite your room 1015” said Arah. “ I am loving your efficiency Arah” said Minho. And Shin Hye laughed “ I told you. She’s much better than you” and Arah laughed at her comment. “ Yah, Park Shin Hye, I’ll pretend that I didn’t hear that because Arah is here. I will deal with you later” and everyone kept on laughing when the door suddenly opened.

“ It seems everyone is in a good mood right now” said Chairman Lee. And then he turned to Minho. “I ought to tell you that Yu Jin and I will be coming over  to China as well. Our flight is on Thursday. Aside from the business meeting with Mr. Kim, I want you to get to know each other better” said Chairman Lee and then he said to Shin Hye “ I want you in my room” and then Minho said “ I’ll go with her” and he said “ Do you want her to put her in a more miserable situation?” he asked. Then Shin Hye said “ I will go Chairman. I’ll follow you to your room” and then Chairman Lee went out of the room. She turned to Minho “ It’s ok. I can handle it” and then he said to her “ Don’t mind whatever he will say to you. Don’t get hurt” and he pulled her and kissed her on her lips.

Shin Hye can’t hardly breathe. She’s nervous to face the Chairman alone but she knows she has to face him. After all, this is her battle.

When  she arrived at Chairman Lee’s office, she felt she was about to cry. This used to be her dad’s office. When she went inside, the room was changed already. No more traces that once, this was Chairman Park’s room. She controlled her emotion. Chairman Lee handed her a file.” Open it” and when she did, it was profile of all the employees closely associated with Chairman Park. There were about 15 of them. Still working in PGC.” What is this all about?” she asked. “ I checked all their profiles. Until now, there are still loyal to your dad. But I don’t care. But what I want you to know is how I will make their lives miserable. How they will suffer because you still cling on to my son. Your happiness will make the lives of these 15 people and their family miserable. Be happy while watching them suffer” and Shin Hye looked at Chairman Lee in disbelief. “What did my father do to you to make us suffer like this?” she asked. “ You even used the feelings of your son to get the revenge that you want. And now you’re using the lives of these innocent people. What more do you want from my family” said Shin Hye.

“Everything. Your father had nothing when I met him and now, that’s what I want. To see you and your family go back to where you started” Chairman Lee said

“ You think I am afraid of you? I am Chairman Park’s daughter. He taught me too well. Do you think I will heed with whatever you say?” said Shin hye.

“Well see about that Park Shin Hye. When you have decided to stop all these nonsense and you have come to your senses, then you can come to me. This will make your life less miserable. Your happiness vs. Their misery. And i haven’t even talked about Minho yet. I have many cards at my hand and I am using them well to my advantage. And now, you may leave” said Chairman Lee

Shin Hye immediately went to the rest room and went inside one of the cubicle. Her knees were shaking. And tears fall down on her cheeks. “ Appa, what should I do?” she asked herself. She composed herself and went out of the comfort room and head to their office. She went straight to her cubicle just right across Arah’s cubicle. “ Are you ok Ms. Park?” she asked. Shin Hye smiled and said “ I will be” and then continued with her work. “Arah, where’s CEO Lee?” she asked.” He has meeting with other developers today. He is in the conference room right now” and then Shin Hye said “ Please tell him that I need to go out for a while. I will be back after lunch. I will text him as well”

She was waiting for the elevator and when it opened Chung Yu Jin went out. She smiled at Shin Hye and she smiled back at her. “ Hello Ms. Park” she said and then she said “ Hello Ms. Chung” and before she can go inside the elevator she said “ Can we talk for a while?” said Yu Jin. Shin Hye said “ Can we do it outside the office? How about the cafe t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter