A Step Closer to Happiness

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chairman Lee and Chairman Chung proposed a toast. The engagement Party of Minho and Yu Jin happened. Minho was silent all throughout the event and so is Yu Jin.

Minho remembered the week before their engagement. Minho was with Shin Hye. They stayed in her house. They were laying in bed when he announced, “Our engagement party will happen next week. Yun Jin and I will take care of everything. All the preparations so we can manipulate everything. We’ll get a fake minister to officiate our wedding. During these times, I asked Mr. Kim to take care of you since you will be working for him” said Minho

Shin hye was silent. She looked up to him “Oppa, I am afraid of what might happen next” said Shin Hye. “I know, everything might back fire at us that’s why I wont stop. I’ll make sure to be ahead of my dad” said Minho” and he cupped Shin Hye’s face “ We need to stop seeing each other for the meantime. It will be difficult, but it’s part of the plan. I am not sure yet how I can survive but we need to do this” and planted a kiss on her forehead.

“ I guess I’ll just have to focus on my work with Kim Industries. I’ll go to PCG on Monday to formally hand in my resignation” said Shin Hye

Minho was silent this time. “Are you ok, Oppa” asked Shin Hye. “You working at Kim Industries and resigning from PGC. Then we’ll not be seeing each other for quite sometime... Just thinking about it, I’m going to be crazy. Stay away from Geun Suk” said Minho.

Shin Hye smiled “We’re back to that one again” and then she added “ I am yours , Oppa” and then pillowed her head on his chest. Shin Hye is afraid too. The future looks too gloomy for them. She bit her fingers so as to control her emotion. She said to herself “ Let me wake up from this nightmare” and then closed her eyes and soon she drifted off to sleep.

When she was soundly sleeping, Minho dialled his father’s number. “You win. I will follow whatever you say. Shin Hye will formalize her resignation. Yu Jin and I will be formally engage. You win aboeji. You win. But I hope you realize that you just lost a son. Because of this, you don’t have a son anymore. The moment you betrayed Chairman Lee, the moment you used me to get your revenge, and you used my love for this girl, you killed me. You killed me aboeji. You took the happiness out of me and you took my life away from me. For more than 10 years, I have been loving one and only girl. Of all people, you know it. In exchange for money, in exchange for the revenge you’ve been eyeing all these years, in exchange for your pride, and in exchange for the greediness for power,  you got everything at my expense. You win aboeji. I hope you will be happy in seeing my future with Yu Jin. Miserable. Just like you.” And then he put the phone down and ended their conversation.

Shin Hye heard everything and pretended to be sleeping but Minho knew she was awake. She was sobbing. This is the first time she heard Minho blurted out his emotions to his dad. She wiped her tears.”Stop pretending to be asleep” said Minho. And then Shin Hye shifted her position and sat on the bed and back hugged Minho “ I am sorry, Oppa” said Shin Hye. Minho turned so that he is facing Shin Hye. “ I never had any regrets fighting for you Shin Hye” and embraced her.

“Minho, Minho” Yu Jin tapped his shoulders “ they are calling our names. You need to stand up. They are proposing a toast” said Yu Jin.

Mr. Kim and Geun Suk was there.

Everyone applauded the two Chairman after giving their  speech for the couple. Then the emcee called the couple to give their own speech and promise to each other.

Minho was silent. Everyone was looking at each other, wondering why his expression is like that. Even Yu Jin doesn’t have that glow. As if both of them were having a hard time.

Yu Jin stood up and took the mic

“Good evening everyone. Thank you for attending this engagement party. Honestly, I was having second thoughts on attending tonight’s event. However, how can it be an engagement party if the fiancée is not around” then people continued to wonder what was happening, and Yu Jin continued “ I met Minho barely two weeks ago. In you are not aware, this marriage is not your usual marriage. Am I making sense? This is a marriage for convenience. A marriage between two merging company. I love my father, Chairman Chung but I want him to know that he is making a big mistake in arranging this marriage with Chairman Lee. All along, he wants money and power. And I wont allow it. I won’t be used.

( then Minho’s conversation with Chairman Lee was played , “ Marrying her, merging our company, it will mean dominance of Lee Group of Companies. I don’t care if you love her or not. If you dumped her after, but I need this

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter