Knight & Shining Armour

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye was smiling while she was driving her car. Since she fired her driver, she has no choice but to drive herself. She didn’t know until when she can find a replacement but she has to bear it. She is meeting a business partner in Hyatt Hotel. Right now, PGC needs more investor since many factories were pulling out from Korea and transferring to China due to cheap labor cost. She arrived at the hotel and gave the key for valet parking.

She arrived earlier since she has always been punctual. She doesn’t want to wait, thus, she doesn’t want others to wait for her as well. She ordered first coffee and told the waiter that she’s waiting for someone and will just order later. After a couple of minutes, she was so surprised when someone sat beside her. Much to her surprise, it Jin Ho.

“Do you think that’s funny?” he asked. Shin hye looked at him and asked “ Do you have a problem? You said you were a tolerant man. This is only the beginning and your having tantrums already? Do you always whine like that? “ she said, smiling at him, giving him her innocent looks. Jin Ho smiled at her “ I am a tolerant man but I am warning you, you will not like it when I retaliate” . Shin Hye smiled “Oh, so I am being threatened by my secretary? You’ve got the nerve to speak to me like that?” she said.

“Yes, I have all the nerve. I think someone should teach you some manners” said Jin Ho. Shin Hye’s face was raging red. She was so pissed with him that she wants to throw water right in his face when someone approached her “ Ms. Park Shin Hye?” and then Shin Hye looked up and pretended that everything is alright. “ Oh hello Mr. Kim. Welcome back to Korea” she said. Then Mr. Kim was looking at the person beside her and said “ And you are?”   “Jeon Jin Ho, Sir. Her secretary. I am pleased to meet you” said Jin Ho. And then from behind, Mr. Kim said “ There you are” and both Shin Hye and Jin ho looked around to see the person Mr. Kim was referring to. Shin Hye’s eyes widened. Is this true? Is it really him.  Jin Ho looked at her. This is not good. He said to himself. Shin Hye has turned white. Her colour has gone off her skin. Jin Ho leaned “ Are you ok? “ he asked. And then Shin Hye hold his hand and leaned on him and whispered “ Please don’t leave. Please stay with me. Don’t leave me” said Shin Hye.

“Ms. Park, this is my successor, Jang Geun Suk” and then Geun Suk was looking at her intensely. He extended his hands but Shin Hye was just looking at him. So it was Jin ho who grasp his hand and shake it firmly. “ I am Jeon Jin Ho, Ms. Parks’s secretary” and then Geun Suk acknowledge him and all of them take their seats. Shin Hye was shaking. She was still holding his hands. Jin Ho was about to stand up when she held his hand firmly. The look in her eyes changed. it was way too different from before. It was pleading, as if full of pain. Then Shin Hye said “ Mr. Kim, I hope you don’t mind if we reschedule this meeting. I am really sorry but I started to feel unwell. I really apologize”.

“It’s ok Ms. Park. Just give me a call. We can just talk in your office. We’ll just stay here for our dinner” said Mr. Kim. And then Shin Hye stood up and so is Jin Ho.

“Where’s your key?” said Jin Ho. Shin Hye was silent. He took her bag and looked for her key. It was not there. He approached the valet service and they waited until her car was there. Jin ho opened her door at the passenger side. She’s not fit to drive at this state. He went to the driver’s seat and started to drive. “Where are we heading to?” he asked. She was still silent. Then he saw tears were falling from her eyes. Jin Ho just decided to drive until they reached Han River and pulled over. “I am giving you all the luxury to cry it all out” said Jin Ho. And then from her soft cry, Shin Hye started to break down. She was really crying and Jin Ho didn’t even know what to do. He pulled her and embrace her, her back “Shhh, it’s alright. Everything’s going to be ok” and he continued to do that. Shin Hye was still sobbing, unable to catch her breath. He cursed under his breath. How could a girl as cold as her be crying like this when she saw that man. Who is he for her to lose all her composure?

He thought she stopped from crying but she didn’t and it makes Jin Ho pissed already. Not with Shin Hye but for Jang Geun Suk. Whatever her reason for crying, he knows that Geun Suk plays a bigger part in it. He shook her shoulders “ What happened to you? Where’s the tough Park Shin Hye? You just saw some random guy and all your defences went down just like that? I thought you know how to fight back. I saw it in your ey

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter