Trials

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin hye saw Lawyer Song in her doorstep. She opened the door and said “ What brings you here Lawyer Song?” He bowed and said “ I thought we agreed to be less formal”  and then Shin Hye said “I’d rather call you Lawyer Song. And If you don’t mind, today is not the best day to talk. Whatever you need to discuss, we can discuss it either in Park Building or in your legal office but not in my house. Besides, my boyfriend is here. I don’t want him to misunderstand” and Lawyer Song said “ Of course, I understand you. I’ll just call you tomorrow then” and Shin Hye said “ Lawyer Song, if it’s business matter, let’s use the proper venue. I owe so many things to you but I want you to know the limitations “ and she closed the door. She watch Lawyer Song as he moved towards the elevator. After what he did the other night, she felt uncomfortable when he is around. She cant decipher but she felt he changed already.

“Shin Hye? Who was that?” Minho asked. “Oppa, it was Lawyer Song. He just dropped by to discuss something but I told him to do it in the office and not in my house” said Shin Hye. “That’s my girl” said Minho. “ I hate him for interrupting us” said Minho. Shin Hye laughed. “Oppa, let me finish that. But I think you ought to leave as well. You need to go home already” said Shin Hye. Minho frowned. “Your sending me off?” he asked. “No, I was merely telling you that you need to go home. We have work tomorrow and we have so many things to think about. Starting tomorrow, we need to be more focused” said Shin Hye. Then he sighed. “ You call your personal maid before and let her stay here even just to clean your house, do laundry and cooked for you. I am not comfortable you doing house hold chores and stuff. It’s either you’ll burn down the house or you’ll hurt yourself” said Minho. “Yah, Oppa. Don’t you dare belittle me. I am a fast learner. The next time I invite you here, I will see to it that I cooked everything. Until then, you are not allowed to enter my unit” said Shin Hye. “I was only kidding” said Minho and then Shin Hye said, “But I am serious” and she pouted her lips, pretending to be annoyed with her boyfriend.

She continued washing the clothes while Minho was taking a bath. And soon enough, she finished everything and hanged her clothes.  She looked at her hands, and saw  her nails cracked and her fingers has blisters. When Minho came from her room, she hid her hands behind her back thinking that he didn’t notice her. He went beside her and took her hand. He saw her cracked nails and blistered fingers. “It’s ok, I am fine” said Shin Hye. And Minho pulled her for an embrace “My poor baby “ and then he went to the medicine cabinet applied cream on her hands”

“When you’re like this, I will always worry” said Minho  and then he added “ You need to call ahjumma. I can’t bear to see you like this” and then she said “ Oppa, things are different now. I need to be independent. This maybe the reason why this has happened. Let me handle this first and If I’m still having a hard time, I’ll contact Ahjumma”.

“I have to go Shin Hye. See you tomorrow at work. We will be leaving for China. I am excited for our trip” said Minho. “Don’t fetch me ,Oppa. I will just go directly at the office” said Shin Hye. She led him to the door and he kissed her firmly at her lips “ I love you” and then left.

Shin hye went to bed early. She was nervous to go to office. Not knowing what to expect and not knowing how to face their employees.

When she woke up, she dressed carefully and went straight to PGC. She just took a taxi. As soon as she entered the building, many people were whispering. She knows she’s the hot topic. When she went inside the elevator, people were looking at her. The people who used to greet her was just whispering. When she rode the elevator, they didn’t let her use it first. She was pushed to the corner. Tears were threatening to fall. How things have changed. She said to herself. Then she overheard someone “ What goes around, comes around. That is her karma” and then they laughed. When she reached the CEO  office, she had some hesitation. Arah was there. She smiled and said “ Ms. Park,how are you? I missed you” Shin Hye smiled at her and  said “ No need to call me Ms. Park, just call me Shin Hye. I am not your boss now. I am just an ordinary employee as you are” and then Arah hugged her and said “ Ms. Park, I will always be loyal to you” and Shin Hye said, “ Thank you Arah. Let’s just be friends. I’m ok with that” and then she asked “ has the CEO arrived yet?” and then Arah called his local  and said “ Sir, Ms. Park is here” and then he asked her to let Shin Hye in.

“Good Morning, Mr. CEO “ Shin Hye said as she tried to give him a smile. Minho knew it was a fake smile. He knows she’s having a hard time and she’s just trying to keep a strong face.He stood up and pulled her to the couch. “ Is everything ok?” he asked and ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter