Combined Future

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shin Hye dropped his call. Right now, she doesn’t want any sympathy from other person specially from Geun Suk. Her heart is heavy right now. Leaving Minho just like that. She knows that he is in pain right now but she’s doing it for her father. Love can wait. She promised herself to get Park Group of Companies from Chairman Lee.

Shin Hye was looking at her old phone. She knows that Minho might have send numerous text messages. She opened her phone and soon enough, there were messages coming in..Majority from Lee Min Ho

LMH : Where are you Shin Hye? I need to know where you are?

LMH : I told you to believe in me.. I will never leave you and yet you left me..

LMH : Tell me where you are. I will go there

LMH : Shin Hye, please I beg you

LMH : Shin Hye, no matter where you go, no matter what you say, You can’t escape me. I told you before, I will never let you go.

Shin Hye wiped her tears. She was torn apart. Her love for Minho and her duty to her family specially to her dad.

Her phone suddenly rang. It was Minho. She was just looking at it.  Several time it rang and she just looked at it. He sent another message.

LMH : I know this is killing you. And this is killing me too so much that I want to punish you when I see you. How can you leave me when you say you love me. You don’t have to bear this all by yourself. I know my dad too well. I know how to fight him  head to head. Before your father died, he said to me that I need to protect you. I made that promise to him and I intend to keep it.

Shin Hye once again turned off her celphone. She was walking along the streets going to her house. She dropped by the grocery and buy some basic necessities and head towards her house. The house she’s occupying doesn’t have much furniture yet. It was newly acquired by her dad. It was supposedly his gift to her and Minho on their engagement. She was starting to cook ramen when her phone rang. It was Lawyer Song. “Ms. Park, are you settled already? Do you need anything? “ he asked. “Yes, I am ok now. Thanks for you help” she said and added “Can you give me a week to think things over? I need to be alone for a while. Maybe this will help me see things clearly”.

“Just call me when you need me, Ms. Park” said Lawyer Song. “ You’re not into this alone” he added.

Laywer Song ended their conversation. He feels he needs to protect Shin Hye against Chairman Lee.

His phone rang and he was not surprised with his caller. He picked it up.

“We need to talk. Let’s meet in your office” his caller said.

Lawyer Song smiled. He knew all along that he will stood by her.

Minho went to Lawyer Song’s office.” Where is she? I know she thought the easiest way out is to leave me but she cannot handle it all by herself. I am willing to go against my father. But I cannot protect her if I don’t know where she is. Let me know where she is. You cannot protect her as well. But if we will work together, then we can go against the mountain” said Minho.

“Chairman Park saw something in me that’s why he funded my education. I was just a messenger at his office but one time, I rode with him in the elevator and he asked what my dreams were. I told him I want to be a lawyer. And then he started to ask questions. The following day, his secretary called me and asked me to prepare all the school requirements. Shin Hye was in elementary that time. I saw how much Chairman love his only daughter. And right now, I want to return all the favours I received from the Chairman.That is by taking care of his daughter” said Lawyer Song.

“Before he died, he talked to me and asked me to protect Shin Hye and that is what I am going to do right now. Lets me help you in protecting her. And making her get back the Park Group of Companies. We need to plan everything carefully. We cannot make a fool out of my father but I need to shaken him up. He’s gone overboard” said Minho.

“The first thing you can do is to tell me where she is” said Minho.

Shin Hye’s house was few meters away from the beach. The back of her house is facing the Hakdong Beach. She has been sitting on black pearl- like pebbles, sea water reaching her feet as waves were coming smoothly. She hugged her knees. It has been 3 days since she left Seoul and all these days, she was missing him terribly. She set her phone on offline mode so that she can continue to read all his past messages. Every time she reads it, she was tearing up inside.

Several locals where looking at her. It was starting to dawn. She stood up and started to walk back the house. As she walk along the shore, she saw a man carrying a small girl. Then he puts her down and the girl started to run. And he run after her and carried her off her feet and started to do 360 degree turn continuously , making the girl laugh. They were playing the game that she and Chairman Park usually plays whenever he is not busy. Her vision started to blur…Tears filling her eyes. She continue to walk not noticing that she’ll bumped into someone.

“ I am sorry, I didn’t saw you…. “ and then she lifted her head and stare at the person in front of her…

Both of them were just staring at each other. Shin Hye’s tears continue to fall. Minho pulled her and embraced her. She put her arms around his waist and hugged him back. They just stood there, wrapped in each others arms. Minho break their embrace and cupped her face “ Stupid, how can you be this stupid” and claimed her lips.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter