Love for Two

The Mask They Wear
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

They were sitting in the couch. “Shouldn’t you be going to your office?” she asked. And then he said “The perks of being a CEO is that you own the time” and then he added “ If I can stay with you the whole day, then I would do it. But unfortunately, I have a meeting coming up in two hours”. Shin Hye smiled and said “Thank you for doing this. This is really  a pleasant surprise but what I am going to do will all these flowers?” she asked.

“I’ll leave your creative mind on how to deal with it” said Minho and he stood up and pulled her to stand up as well. “Our engagement was moved 2 weeks from now. It will give us more time to prepare although I think everything is being handled by my mother. Is that ok with you?” he asked.

Shin Hye nodded. “It’s ok but I want also to meet with your mom. I don’t want her to think that we leave everything to her. She might need some help as well” she said. “I can set up a dinner with my parents tomorrow since it’s weekend already.” said Minho. “Sure, I would love that” and then he pulled her close and embraced her “You already said that you like me. No take backs” said Minho. She put her arms around his waist and said ‘Yes, No take backs”.

Minho let her go and head towards the door “ I will look forward to the day when you will confess that you’ve really fallen in love me” and he kissed her on the cheeks and left. Shin Hye closed the door , her back leaning on it, she smiled and said to herself “ It’s getting there, Oppa. It’s getting there” and continue to  do her work.

She called Arah. “Yah, you’re conspiring with him. Where’s your loyalty?” she joked and then added “But thank you” and then she instructed Arah to call the utility. She segregated the flower that she will bring home and the rest, she instructed to give to the ladies in their office floor. Arah was about to leave when she reminded Shin Hye about the business conference in Jeju on Wednesday next week. She almost forgot. “Did you booked a flight for me?” she asked. “Yes Ms. Park. Since the Conference is at 10 am, I booked a 6am flight so you can still have time to rest prior the conference” Shin hye smiled at her “Thank you for being so efficient” and then she left.

It was almost lunch time, Arah called Shin Hye informing her  that she has visitor. It was Mr. Kim and Geun Suk. She told her to let them in. “Mr. Kim, Mr. Jang, you should have told me you would be coming” said Shin Hye and then she led them in the couch. “Take a seat please” and then Mr. Kim said “ I have reviewed the contract already and I am ok with that and even Geun Suk agrees so we’ll have a deal to be closed already. The construction will take place in a months time and I want you to oversee it. That is part of the deal”. Shin Hye can’t contain her happiness. She knows that her dad will be extremely happy. “No problem Mr. Kim. I will make sure to prioritize the construction in China” and then he said “ Geun Suk will be handling this project already since it will be on design stage. Since he is an architect, I want him to oversee the design and all” and then Shin Hye said “No problem ,Mr. Kim. We have a team of great Architects and Engineers from Park Builders Corp. I am sure that everything will be discussed first to you and Mr. Jang”.

Since it was already lunch time, And Shin Hye signed the contract as well and so is Mr. Kim. “Do you think this calls for a celebration?” Mr. Kim asked. “Sure, Mr. Kim. Lets go out for lunch. Where do you want to eat?” she asked. “Do you know a good restaurant near the office?”Mr. Kim asked. “Sure, lets just walk. It’s couple of buildings away from here” and then they went outside her office and head for lunch. Shin hye asked Arah to accompany them. Geun Suk and Arah was walking together while Shin Hye beside Mr. Kim.

Shin Hye was conscious that Geun Suk was staring at her the whole time and it felt awkward. Both Arah and Mr. Kim seemed to didn’t notice. Mr Kim said “ Ms. Park, do you have problem in going to China more frequent because of this project?” Shin Hye said “No, Mr. Kim. I am definitely ok with that but I know I have a team of Managers who can do excellent jobs as well. I will just monitor the progress from time to time”.

“Will Chairman Park be joining  the Business Congress in Jeju next week?” asked Mr. Kim. “No, father needs to go to Japan next week and so I will represent PGC this time” she replied. “Oh good, this is the first time that Geun Suk will be joining the conference. I guess you can go together” said Mr. Kim and then Shin Hye said “ I think I don’t have a flight yet so I will have to check with my schedule first” she lied. But then all of a sudden Arah in and said “Ms. Park, you’re flight is Wednesday morning at 6am” and then Shin Hye looked at h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter